is there a discount for veteran players?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’m pretty sure that I’ve heard somewhere that if you already own GW2, then the expansion is discounted by 10£. Is that false? Because when I log in and try to go to the purchase page, it’s still showing up as 45 euros, which is 31£.

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

As far as i know, there are no discounts for people that already own the base game.
- You get a char slot though.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

False.
Veteran players get an extra character slot.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

No there is no discount for “veteran” players. The expansion costs the same for everyone.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

False.
Veteran players get an extra character slot.

oh, fair enough. I might search something like greenmangaming for discounts when this is far closer to release then. One could argue that for the value that I’ve got out of guild wars 2 in these 3 years, 44 euros is a small price to pay, but regardless it’s still a bit steep for a uni student

Posted by: Ascii Red.4029

Ascii Red.4029

The core game is now free, so you can get a discount for exactly $0 which is what ANet seem to think everything pre-HoT is worth. Personaly I find this rather insulting and would have prefered F2P to be limited to lvl 40 with unlocking lvl 80 costing about $10.

Basicaly as a veteran player you have had fun playing the game for 3 years so you have got your moneys worth, if you want to continue with more content then its time to pay again. There is still no subscription to GW2 but it seems very very likley that you will be forced to re-buy the game every year or two. ANet dont value you as a veteran player, get used to it.

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

Lol, Ascii is salty on nultiple threads.

Just so you are aware that extra character slot is only for prepurchase, after it comes out you get nothing extra even as a veteran. just a warning.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: Silenieux.7320

Silenieux.7320

The core game is now free, so you can get a discount for exactly $0 which is what ANet seem to think everything pre-HoT is worth. Personaly I find this rather insulting and would have prefered F2P to be limited to lvl 40 with unlocking lvl 80 costing about $10.

Basicaly as a veteran player you have had fun playing the game for 3 years so you have got your moneys worth, if you want to continue with more content then its time to pay again. There is still no subscription to GW2 but it seems very very likley that you will be forced to re-buy the game every year or two. ANet dont value you as a veteran player, get used to it.

“You buy the game once and get to play for free, we will not do expansions, only regular content updates” or something along the lines was what we were fed when we bought the game 3 years ago, honestly, they don’t care about anything except pulling in more people to purchase gems, a char slot is NOT worth the $60 we paid, ontop of the -expansion- you make that kind of promise you keep it, or give something to make it up to those who bought the game, 3 years ago or not, what they’re doing is simple: False advertisement ah well like most everyone I know, i won’t be coming back either

Posted by: Dracula.1709

Dracula.1709

That’s how I feel. I pre-purchased the digital deluxe edition when GW2 first came out. I’ve played a lot over the years. Spent hundreds of dollars more on store items. That sounds like I’m asking for something free but I’m not. I just feel, as a veteran player/customer that I’m getting no recognition or thank you. Why, logically, would I spend the same price on the expansion as I spent on the core game? The core game offers hundreds, maybe thousands of hours more content. I want to play the expansion but there’s no way I’m paying the price of a new game when I’m only getting an upgrade.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s how I feel. I pre-purchased the digital deluxe edition when GW2 first came out. I’ve played a lot over the years. Spent hundreds of dollars more on store items. That sounds like I’m asking for something free but I’m not. I just feel, as a veteran player/customer that I’m getting no recognition or thank you. Why, logically, would I spend the same price on the expansion as I spent on the core game? The core game offers hundreds, maybe thousands of hours more content. I want to play the expansion but there’s no way I’m paying the price of a new game when I’m only getting an upgrade.

The core game cost US$60 at launch; the expac costs US$50 at its launch. Both prices are typical for the industry.

You might be correct that the original sixty is a better value than this month’s fifty. However, the only thing that matters for me is if the 50 bucks I’m spending on the expac will be a good value. And all I can use to compare is how well ANet has done in the past (very well, imo, on original game, its three campaigns, its only expansion and on GW2 itself).

When deciding on whether to see a movie, I don’t ask if MI:8 is a better deal than MI:7 — I only care if I think it’s going to be fun enough to make it worth $15+. If was going to do comparison shopping, then I would say that $50 is too little to pay for something that generates far more entertainment value than watching 7 movies in the theater during matinee times. And of course, few of us care about whether GW2 is more than 2-7x as much fun as the next Star Wars installment — we only care if each of those is fun enough.

In any case, anyone who has played the game long enough to consider themselves a veteran has already received value for the game. We’ve gotten free content and free quality-of-life changes, new mechanics, etc. All for the original price.

tl;dr Veterans already got a discount on the overall value.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

You know you made a wrong move when…

This kitten still floats up after, how many weeks?

At the same time, who cares! The way it’s setup now, the new blood will wash away the old.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!