I was wrong, Ignore me T_T

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

made a mistake :I

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Phat Stackage.5329

Phat Stackage.5329

think its pretty obvious the majority of us are feeling the same on this. hope they do something soon…

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

Mm I don’t think the expansion price would have changed even if the base game wasn’t included. I think they added that in as a free bonus for new players. The game was on sale for $10 various times.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

I don’t see why everyone is complaining. We have received easily enough free content since launch to justify an expansion at full game cost.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Looks like they took notes from Capcom.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I don’t see why everyone is complaining. We have received easily enough free content since launch to justify an expansion at full game cost.

I have no problem paying for the expansion.
I am not paying for a base game I already own + the expansion.

Mm I don’t think the expansion price would have changed even if the base game wasn’t included. I think they added that in as a free bonus for new players. The game was on sale for $10 various times.

Then they need to shave off 10 dollars then :I

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I don’t think it’s illegal, if what they did was essentially make the base game free, while heart of thorns itself is what costs the $50 dollars.

Posted by: SimenAaserud.3598

SimenAaserud.3598

Agree with CrimsonDX, price aint that bad. They are basically just giving away the core game to new players.

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Oh i could buy it, 50 wont change even what i will have for dinner today, let alone impact the rest of my life. I wont thou, out of principle.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Dont forget they got nothing for the living story… (except Black lion Purchase)

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

Solori.6025

I don’t think it’s illegal, if what they did was essentially make the base game free, while heart of thorns itself is what costs the $50 dollars.

-_-

I was wrong.

(includes**)

basically means you get it for free..

so this is 50$

………
Guess I need to go back to my corner with my mini skirt :I

Posted by: Nostromo.4126

Nostromo.4126

Ummm, are they not a Korean company ultimately…? What retail laws are enforced there? Not sure what US laws would apply for online puchases, or from here in Aus. This is really just very poor form for their existing, loyal customers, no matter which way you cut the cake. If they intend on releasing an upgrade only for existing players, they should have announced it as part of this. What about new customers who just recently bought the game? Gazillion (Marvel Heroes), for example, refund the cost of a new item supersedes an old one purchases inside the last month or so. Very poor form…

(edited by Nostromo.4126)

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

I said “Free bonus”. I had a strong feeling that it was going to be $50 matching the original box sales. Just ignore the fact you get the base game. That feature isn’t meant for you. It’s to target new players and get the into the Hot expansion instead of just sticking to base game.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The pricing is unethical, but come on. We’ve been waiting 3 years for this expansion. Is there any hard core GW player who isn’t going to buy this?

Solori.6025

I think some people here don’t understand what Solori is saying. He is not complaining about the height of the price, but about the illegal practic of selling in a bundle only. I am no lawyer and only claryfing because some people here just don’t relate to the given problem.

Yea..But unfortunately the wording for the parenthesis can basically be interpretted as a “give away” and not actually forcing you to buy.

Basically it can be argued that they are giving you free content with your purchase that was/ is now worth 10$ while HoT itself is 50$

sucks

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

The pricing is unethical, but come on. We’ve been waiting 3 years for this expansion. Is there any hard core GW player who isn’t going to buy this?

Yup, me!

Apolo.5942

Ummm, are they not a Korean company ultimately…?

Are they really? i always said this game looks like it was 80% outsourced to asia from the mechanics to the aesthetic design, i feel so vindicated =P.

Posted by: MCBGamer.9214

MCBGamer.9214

Yeah, me.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Still waiting for the OP to explain what is illegal about the pricing? The pricing isn’t satisfactory. The bonus items are garbage. They could have my $75 if they put in items that were actually appealing and went through the trouble of posting full size images of the bonus items… Seriously how hard is it to post full size images?

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

He retracted it, He made a mistake in the details.

This is not illegal.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Yeah, me and my fellow 2 mates.

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I think the biggest problem is those sells. They sold and sold the core game when if they said “hey we are including it in with the expansion at launch” alot of people would have waited to buy. And then there is the no character slots for standard thing that upsets people. Each of the games in GW came with two slots. So I can say that to say in the announcement that “you can’t play with out the core game” and getting people to buy the core game when it is planed to launch the expansion including core game is a bit underhanded. I also have to so that having two core games isn’t something I was interested in. I can’t say if it is legal how they did it or not. I can say that it is not something you’d do in good faith.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Are they really? i always said this game looks like it was 80% outsourced to asia from the mechanics to the aesthetic design, i feel so vindicated =P.

No, they’re not.

They’re an American company financed by NCSoft (A Korean company), their publisher in most of the world. They have to answer to NCSoft, but ANet is American.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

Yeah, me.

plenty of people wont buy it now due to this.
if this was steam, today would mirror the paid mod fiasco of may 2015, and we would all be changing our ratings of the game and down voting the game till we got our way!

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Apolo.5942

No, they’re not.

They’re an American company financed by NCSoft (A Korean company), their publisher in most of the world. They have to answer to NCSoft, but ANet is American.

So yeah basically they are a korean company with American employees.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Agree with CrimsonDX, price aint that bad. They are basically just giving away the core game to new players.

It’s being sold in the Gem Store. This is therefore not being marketed to new players. It’s for people who already have the game (the only way to access the Gem Store).

Solori.6025

No, they’re not.

They are a subsidiary of a Korean Company.
If you read the companies history they were bought by NCsoft and turned into NCNA ( at least the core of A-net)

Posted by: Azakael.3019

Azakael.3019

At this point? I can wait for the expansion to go on a sale. $50 for the XPac, no extra character slot? And including free something I already own? Woo… Nope. Not worth $50. I’ll keep playing without it. I still have a lot of things I can do in the meantime, that doesn’t require the pack.

Nostromo.4126

At this point? I can wait for the expansion to go on a sale. $50 for the XPac, no extra character slot? And including free something I already own? Woo… Nope. Not worth $50. I’ll keep playing without it. I still have a lot of things I can do in the meantime, that doesn’t require the pack.

The prob is, if you are competitive in any way in-game (and I’m not for ref), you will stop being so in a very short time. At least that’s my take on the new content as it relates to PvP, WvW, or even if you just want to be able to sell at comp prices on the TP – you will prob be fubared.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

The prob is, if you are competitive in any way in-game (and I’m not for ref), you will stop being so in a very short time. At least that’s my take on the new content as it relates to PvP, WvW, or even if you just want to be able to sell at comp prices on the TP – you will prob be fubared.

Well luckily for anyone who doesn’t buy the expansion, the PvP is garbage anyway. I love Tyria and ANet but they’ve never been even close to making an actual eSport. sPvP is fun until you play another small team competitive game and you notice how unimpressive the PvP really is compared to what other people are producing.

GW1 PvP was fun. GW2 sPvP is not nearly what it could be. You can still enjoy the parts of the game that function well without the expansion. :P

Posted by: xBrownZ.7360

xBrownZ.7360

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

so 50 bucks for 3 areas and a new profession lol ok nope

Nostromo.4126

so 50 bucks for 3 areas and a new profession lol ok nope

And don’t forget you get no new slots, no title, no in-game items & nothing else with the base version (happy to be corrected). I guess ‘STD’ is the new 3-letter come 4-letter word for excrement, lol^2.

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

What about all the people who bought the game in the last 2 weeks for $40? How is this fair for them at all?

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

What about all the people who bought the game in the last 2 weeks for $40? How is this fair for them at all?

The fanboy response to you would be along these lines: “Well, hurr durr, they paid for access to the game and they got access to the game at the time they paid, so there’s no problem.”