maps totally empty....

maps totally empty....

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Playing the new maps is pretty much impossible right now it seams, they appear to be empty.

Been in the first map for over an hour, seen a total of 2 players, and no one in map chat.

No one doing events. Cant do some of the challenges. Its not even easy to navigate the map.

Either the mega servers are still screwed or people are just avoiding the new content to farm XP elsewhere…..

maps totally empty....

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

A lot of people are playing the Halloween content and the HoT maps should fill up a bit more once Halloween is over.

There is also the fact that people have stopped playing the HoT maps for various reasons and not as many people purchased HoT as Anet would have hoped.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Megaservers are currently broken:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/heads-up-iteration-incoming/

I didn’t see anything about a fix in the last patch so I assume they are still working on a solution.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It’s because they nerfed the content. Everyone is rushing through because of the nerfs. Once easy content is completed no one will come back to it, it’s a borefest. If ArenaNet didn’t nerf the content, then people would have stayed for the challenge. Challenges puts pressure on the player. If it’s too easy, especially when something is easy to gain, then people won’t feel the pressure and then they won’t come back to feel it.

ArenaNet said they would make us feel that pressure. Feel the challenge. Not doing that anymore after the nerfs.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

A number of factors right now. Halloween released same day as Hot, negative response to how hero points blocked people from playing elites for long periods of time, people grinding for Tyria mastery in Cof (also siverwastes seems to have a good share still), and apparently some mysterious server setting problem ; could all be reasons why maps not as full .

maps totally empty....

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

It’s because they nerfed the content. Everyone is rushing through because of the nerfs. Once easy content is completed no one will come back to it, it’s a borefest. If ArenaNet didn’t nerf the content, then people would have stayed for the challenge.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this was a common complaint on day one, several days ago, hence the mention in the update today.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

Inform yourself before you post. They put out an address to the community saying they know that the numbers for the amount of people in the maguuma map settings is too low and that they are going to adjust it.

Also, hero point costs for elites are going to be lessened to 250.

Also, some adventures will be available more often instead of locked behind some events.

It helps to look for answers to your problems before you just spout them at the internet.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Or people are working?

maps totally empty....

Cameirus.8407

Inform yourself before you post. They put out an address to the community saying they know that the numbers for the amount of people in the maguuma map settings is too low and that they are going to adjust it.

Also, hero point costs for elites are going to be lessened to 250.

Also, some adventures will be available more often instead of locked behind some events.

It helps to look for answers to your problems before you just spout them at the internet.

Yes, and as the hero point changes are live then I assumed the mega server changes were also.

How about you not be an kitten . try that for a change.

maps totally empty....

Cameirus.8407

Or people are working?

thats why there are mega servers. should be grouping people on the same maps. So unless there are less than 150 people playing the zone right now……

maps totally empty....

Cameirus.8407

Megaservers are currently broken:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/heads-up-iteration-incoming/

I didn’t see anything about a fix in the last patch so I assume they are still working on a solution.

They said they had a fix along with teh HP change, as thats live I assumed the mega server fix was also in.

But does not appear to be working.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

How do you know they’re totally empty unless you’re there to see if they’re empty, and if you’re there, then they’re not totally empty, are they? At least, until you leave. And once you leave, you don’t know if somebody else has come in, so you’ll never know if they’re empty unless you check, and then they’re not empty cause you’re there.

It’s like schroedinger’s cat all over again.

maps totally empty....

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

i think anet might have under estimated how thinly spread the population would be with so many events going on at the same time over the different maps.