Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

it’s a while we dont have any new news, info or streaming
something is planned?

no more news or info?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Yesterday was a stream about the new WvW map.
http://dulfy.net/2015/03/14/gw2-egx-wvw-desert-borderlands-map-reveal/

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

no more news or info?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

We know we will get 9 weeks of specialization reveals (but we don’t know when). In addition there will probably be a week dedicated to guild halls and maybe one dedicated to the mysterious ‘challenging group content’. Furthermore, closed beta has been said to start very soon after Rezzed.

no more news or info?

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yeah… We can expect next week to be the new boderland week announce.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

no more news or info?

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

We know we will get 9 weeks of specialization reveals (but we don’t know when). In addition there will probably be a week dedicated to guild halls and maybe one dedicated to the mysterious ‘challenging group content’. Furthermore, closed beta has been said to start very soon after Rezzed.

When will we start to learn about specializations?

no more news or info?

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

no more news or info?

Lucky Shot.7650

Uh what did I say? O_o

no more news or info?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When they start telling us … I truly hope that’s this week. Last week the only blog we got was about the wvw map completion removal, which is surely large news but not really HoT news. Now that they’ve finished their big conventions, I really hope we get T-W-Th blogs like we have before, the last two weeks have felt rather sparse.

no more news or info?

Nephziel.6053

Uh what did I say? O_o

“We know we will get 9 weeks of specialization reveals (but we don’t know when). "
This was the first sentance of the post.

I hope they show us some of the classes we have no idea what they are getting.
Also what is with Profession Skill 5 in keybindings for HoT (it was in the demo)
I think its most likely for mesmer/ele. But there is a chance it might be pet removal for ranger

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

no more news or info?

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

I’m excited for the delayed camera patch. Hope it comes this week, that’ll be enough for me. So excited for the new faces as well and other things in the update.

no more news or info?

Lucky Shot.7650

Uh what did I say? O_o

“We know we will get 9 weeks of specialization reveals (but we don’t know when). "

lol yeah sorry, I just got excited and asked away without reading the rest of the post! XD

no more news or info?

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

lol yeah sorry, I just got excited and asked away without reading the rest of the post! XD

You just described 90% of the posts in this entire forum with just 1 sentence. Impressive.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

no more news or info?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would assume the main reason for lack of new info is due to PAX East and Rezzed. Both which are now over, which should mean they should start going back to their weekly blogs.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

no more news or info?

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Closed beta tests were announced to start shortly after Rezzed (which is already over) and to be free of NDA, so I expected to have loads of information by now.
Either I have a completely different idea about the meaning of “shortly”, or the amount of content on those beta tests is going to be ridiculously small at best.

no more news or info?

lordkrall.7241

Closed beta tests were announced to start shortly after Rezzed (which is already over) and to be free of NDA, so I expected to have loads of information by now.
Either I have a completely different idea about the meaning of “shortly”, or the amount of content on those beta tests is going to be ridiculously small at best.

Rezzed ended yesterday.
Shortly doesn’t mean 2 seconds after.
It means a couple of days or possibly a week.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

no more news or info?

Vargamonth.2047

Rezzed ended yesterday.

I don’t expect the beta tests to start rigth now, but if people are expecting to have specializations introduced on a weekly basis, that would mean a 2 month dealy at least, which I wouldn’t call “shortly” at all.
It’s either that, or beta testers not having access to specializations (which is definitely something that should receive extensive testing and feedback) and some other relevant features for quite a long time.

no more news or info?

lordkrall.7241

I don’t expect the beta tests to start rigth now, but if people are expecting to have specializations introduced on a weekly basis, that would mean a 2 month dealy at least, which I wouldn’t call “shortly” at all.
It’s either that, or beta testers not having access to specializations (which is definitely something that should receive extensive testing and feedback) and some other relevant features for quite a long time.

You seems to assume that there will only be one beta test. It is rather likely that there will be many different tests, focusing on different things. It is also quite possible that the specializations will start being tested before they have all had their deep dive.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

no more news or info?

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Rezzed ended yesterday.

What if that’s not what they’re “beta testing” at all? What if they’re only testing new zone dynamic events, player capacity on server loads, and a few tweaks like that? I really think that they should be holding back features from the Beta client, because revealing it all means that those that play -instead of test- it all have no purpose or reason to purchase it when it launches. It also cause things like Dulfy to push every known aspect of the expansion on it’s site, spoiling and ruining it all.

Take a look at FFXIV’s expansion. I don’t see a Beta test for it, yet they have the whole expansion dated, priced, and rearing to go. They don’t want the content ruined by min-maxers trying to ‘play’ a Beta to get ahead of everyone else. It ruins the game’s experience.

no more news or info?

Nephziel.6053

@Siphaed
You know you are not obliged to read what someone posts. So your complaint about spoilers is completly pointless. Its not like Dulfy goes to your face with a cardbord of spoilers and starts whacking you with it.

no more news or info?

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

Can we please just get the specialization info first…that’s literally all I care about at this point.

no more news or info?

Vargamonth.2047

Rezzed ended yesterday.

What if that’s not what they’re “beta testing” at all? What if they’re only testing new zone dynamic events, player capacity on server loads, and a few tweaks like that? I really think that they should be holding back features from the Beta client, because revealing it all means that those that play -instead of test- it all have no purpose or reason to purchase it when it launches. It also cause things like Dulfy to push every known aspect of the expansion on it’s site, spoiling and ruining it all.

Take a look at FFXIV’s expansion. I don’t see a Beta test for it, yet they have the whole expansion dated, priced, and rearing to go. They don’t want the content ruined by min-maxers trying to ‘play’ a Beta to get ahead of everyone else. It ruins the game’s experience.

Testing things like player capacity and server loads is probably the main goal of the whole test.
Maps and DEs, which are completely necessary for this purpose, are, on the other hand, one of the biggest spoils that could be made. In this sense, I could easily agree with the test being limited to just a portion of the map.
I don’t think this is the case with specializations. They are more like some new tools we will have (I can’t imagine anyone skipping a bunch of unknown content just because he knows them), and they can easily include bugs and/or big imbalances which often pass the internal testing unnoticed.

no more news or info?

Posted by: Cloudz.6890

Cloudz.6890

Usually capacity tests are reserved for OBTs when you can have a lot of players from a lot of different backgrounds and systems stress test the server. Typically CBTs are smaller in size due to the game being farther away from release and thus less complete. A stress test is the last thing you want to test. I imagine the CBTs are going to test quests/mechanics first. The fundamental stuff. At least with the first trial.

As far as min-maxers, typically for CBTs you have to create a new character which they wipe at the very end of the test. The worst thing that’ll happen is that Dulfy will post info from the CBT and everyone will have access to it. How that works for expansions is pretty easy. You just create a test server that’s separate from the main game. Everyone starts on equal footing and at the end everyone’s characters are reset.

no more news or info?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As many have said, I think the lack of information today is simply because of travel back from Rezzed and the info dump we received yesterday about the new WvW maps.

In addition to the nine specialization announcements (which we are all looking forward to), there are only a couple of other deep dives we know they have planned, specifically guild enhancements (guild halls, guild progression, etc) and difficult group content.

Im sure they plan to be a little stingy with these blog posts/deep dives until they have a better idea regarding the launch date (or they risk running out of things to talk about between now and then).

The best course of action right now is to be patient, as hard as that is to do.