well revnants can only swim now so ya lol

Attachments:

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

no underwatter skills or wepons for rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Who expected any?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Who expected any?

I did. That may have been foolish of me, but still.

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m sure there will be an underwater weapon eventually, its just not done / revealed yet.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m sure there will be an underwater weapon eventually, its just not done / revealed yet.

That would mean they support underwater combat. How will that work with legends??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Who expected any?

I did. That may have been foolish of me, but still.

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Underwater combat removed, comfirmed!!!

in Revenant

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

I’m sure they will be added by release, and no they won’t remove underwater combat. It was after all a major point of the core game.

in Revenant

Posted by: pyxell.4907

pyxell.4907

well revnants can only swim now so ya lol

I hear that. I was in Queensdale, and the Veteran Fish came up and I wanted to see how my revenant did against that. Imagine my surprise when I had no skills or weapons to take that on!

Vile Nightshade 80 Necromancer
Scarlet Fairwood 80 Ranger
I intend to live forever! So far, so good!

in Revenant

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This was the biggest letdown of the entire test tbh. Underwater combat is not super important for ArenaNet right now, I get that. But how is revenant supposed to do some parts of TA or Fractals without it. Revenant can’t do anything underwater right now. If all the legends we have seen up to now remain unusable underwater, as they are now, Revenant is just going to be a blast whenever it has to go underwater.

Sure UW content and combat has some issues in general, but since it can not be totally avoided having Revenant in a state it is in this test is really making me worried.

in Revenant

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

Give it time, they haven’t revealed all their cards for the Revenant, yet. This even is to allow us to get a feel for the class and how it plays in situations where the majority of content takes place, on land. ANet hasn’t decided to make the revenant not be able to fight underwater, given that you spend a fair amount of time in the water when leveling and doing map completion.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

in Revenant

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

They can’t even balance the classes we have right now for underwater combat.

I wouldn’t say it’s dead either as they have been converting a few skills every now and then for underwater use. I think the guardian recently had one of its’ shouts converted for underwater or something.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenthieth.9431

Zenthieth.9431

They WILL give the Revenant underwater weapons before HoT releases, otherwise it will be crippled as a class. TA, HotW, and the underwater fractal as well as world completion pretty much guarantees that it’ll get underwater combat.

The real question that should be asked is what about the legends? Will you be locked to just 2 that could be used underwater? Will they change how some legends work underwater? Ventari’s tablet in it’s current state could never work underwater. So the question shouldn’t be if anet will give Revenant underwater combat, it should be how would it work.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Purely underwater legends could be interesting, though I’m not sure how well that would work.
Maybe a pirate/seafarer and a Naga or something?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Revenant

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nah. There should not be udnerwater legends. Instead, every single profession skill, including those of other professions, should have a version that works underwater.

For example, traps? How do you set traps udnerwater? Like krait do: Invisible nets. Spherical nets for rangers, rectangular nets for thieves. What about AoEs? Instead having to ground target, they target using the enemy as a sphere. What about things that create things that do not work underwater, like flamethrowers? Then you replace them with things that do, like an underwater wielding torch.

A lot of work, but it must be eventually be done.

People should not lose their build every time they go underwater.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!