plz nerf spider farm

plz nerf spider farm

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

dear anet plz nerf spider farm, this is not maple story witch killing mobs its all about.
and plz buff the exp from dt events so people will do them, and one suggestion is that plz rewarde players for helping outher players with the hero points in the jungle becuse new charters in the jungle have hard time to kill the hero points champ becuse you cant find enugh player to help thank you .

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Nansen.4631

Nansen.4631

Even if you already did a hero point (one that doesnt req. just channeling) you can get 26k xp + random loot daily from it. In a way they already took care of people being rewarded for doing them again or helping people with it.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Most events reward good XP, when you kill the enemies they task you with killing. People seem overly obsessed with the little notification saying an event is done, and how much XP that specifically rewarded, and seemingly don’t consider how much XP they gained through just participating in the event itself. A lot of these events can bring you a couple hundred thousand XP. And as Nansen says, you get a Daily reward for doing the Hero Challenges again, so there’s no reason not to help someone. To get players, all you need to do is use /map and say that you are doing a Hero Challenge in <direction> from <Waypoint> (give directions, so many people fail at this). Don’t ask for help, say you’ll do it. That will bring people. If you got a tag, tag up while you wait for people to gather.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would only support them nerfing the Spider Farm if it came with greatly increasing the XP that normal activities offer. The current activities in most cases do not reward nearly enough XP (and yes, I tried them significantly), and no, Raiding does NOT count for this purpose. I would say they could remove the Spider Farm if they multiplied base mob XP by 2x, and event completion XP by about 3-5 times, but more might be needed.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Why are people so concerned with things that do not have any bearing on them whatsoever. If someone wants to farm the spiders, so what? The folks that farm this way most likely would not ‘help’ with an event anyway, and would just move on to another place to farm.

These types of posts just scream ‘people do not want to play with me in the way that I want, nerf them’

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Even if you already did a hero point (one that doesnt req. just channeling) you can get 26k xp + random loot daily from it. In a way they already took care of people being rewarded for doing them again or helping people with it.

This is good information. So it’s every 24h like dungeon reset? I’m at mastery 4 and i’m already burnt out on the endless zerg k-trains. Why do i even want masteries? so i can get around a map i’ve already seen 90% of more easily? So i can get hero points I can’t use? So I can get mastery points I don’t have the exp to use?

Anyway idgaf if people spider farm, and I too would like to see event exp increased significantly.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Henry.5906

Henry.5906

This is stupid, lets cripple the ones running ahead because I can’t run with them, in every MMO spme player will take the short route to get what they want, but that, as long as it dosn’t harm the game, is ok. Masteries are good as they are now with little to no effort you can level up the ones you need to get to almost anywhere in the jungle. The prec and frat are even easier to do with the amount of content you have that gives you tons of xp.

No don’t nerf let them run around in circle mind numbing thats how they want to play the game.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Why are people so concerned with things that do not have any bearing on them whatsoever.

But it does affect all around. They take server space but no server participation.

You can argue one way or the other about it being bad or not. The thing is, the meta event requires enough people to be doable. If we have too many side-trackers that see nothing of interest in successfully completing the meta-events because all they care about is numerical maximization the only ‘cure’ for them and the meta-event is making the event the best numerical option.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Most events reward good XP

Absolutely false. Mobs during events do not give XP unless it’s nearby trash that gets pulled into the fray. All you get is the token xp at the end which is the equivalent of farming about 10 trash mobs.

Unfortunately yet another thread has been posted by someone who feels the need to influence how others play their game. If you don’t like a particular farm thats happening then just don’t participate. Why ask that it be nerfed for the other players when it has no effect on you?

plz nerf spider farm

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Absolutely false. Mobs during events do not give XP unless it’s nearby trash that gets pulled into the fray. All you get is the token xp at the end which is the equivalent of farming about 10 trash mobs.

Unfortunately yet another thread has been posted by someone who feels the need to influence how others play their game. If you don’t like a particular farm thats happening then just don’t participate. Why ask that it be nerfed for the other players when it has no effect on you?

Again it DOES have an effect on others. If it had really no effect on others such post would never exist. I explain exactly how it has an effect on others ONE post before yours.

The meta-event game format is NOT individualistic and a given server has limited space. That you have paid for your game and therefore can play it the way you want is utterly irrelevant to this.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Again it DOES have an effect on others. If it had really no effect on others such post would never exist. I explain exactly how it has an effect on others ONE post before yours.

The meta-event game format is NOT individualistic and a given server has limited space. That you have paid for your game and therefore can play it the way you want is utterly irrelevant to this.

Hm, if the metas would actually give enough XP – would those people farm spiders? IN addition to that – how many people can efficiently farm spiders? I’d say max 5 or 6 per map and only if they really coordinate. So you’re failing metas bacuase there’s < 10 people not participating? I’d rather think the problem is elsewhere.

Now, how about people who do HP or just do gathering or do adventures that are not locked? Want to ban them too – they’re not participating … I don’t like your mindset at all. We all play how we want. If we feel that the metas do not give sufficient reward for the time invested I’d sa yit is a bloody stupid idea to nerf the things that do instead of making the metas more rewarding.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Having multiple ways to do things is good. If people want to farm a certain type of mob instead of doing events, let them. Heck, with the spiders they actually get to use their Magic Find. A fairly legitimate argument could be made for actually making magic find viable again instead of nerfing mobs. I don’t agree with the mentality of nerfing farming areas instead of increasing odds of getting sought after items by petitioning the developers to reinclude a stat many of the players worked hard to increase.

OP, you do get that the devs want us to spend money on the x-pac and then spend our gold or real money to get “rewarded” in the gem shop, do you not? There’s a pretty hefty conversion fee in that. You should be all about ArenaNet boosting the rewards in events to make the various farms in the open world less attractive because the events are so lucrative. Farms shouldn’t be nerfed. Events should have their loot tables bolstered. Too much loot is never a bad thing in my opinion.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

plz nerf spider farm

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Hm, if the metas would actually give enough XP – would those people farm spiders? IN addition to that – how many people can efficiently farm spiders? I’d say max 5 or 6 per map and only if they really coordinate. So you’re failing metas bacuase there’s < 10 people not participating? I’d rather think the problem is elsewhere.

Now, how about people who do HP or just do gathering or do adventures that are not locked? Want to ban them too – they’re not participating … I don’t like your mindset at all. We all play how we want. If we feel that the metas do not give sufficient reward for the time invested I’d sa yit is a bloody stupid idea to nerf the things that do instead of making the metas more rewarding.

Thats is pretty much the conclusion I said a few posts above: “If we have too many side-trackers that see nothing of interest in successfully completing the meta-events because all they care about is numerical maximization the only ‘cure’ for them and the meta-event is making the event the best numerical option.

As for your other paragraph I’m wondering where that “ban” option came from. Nobody that I know of spoke of any banning. The OP proposed a nerf on xp, not a ban. People have all the right and freedom to not participate. There isn’t a kitten thing we can do about that really. However it will have an impact.

I can tell you that I wasn’t entertaining the best emotions towards the 20+ people running in circles above my head killing spiders while I was fighting alone to keep control of the itzel camp below that I ultimately lost because 20 ppl who could have taken a fraction of their time to just help a little and save the camp while getting rewarded for this didn’t even bother to do it. It’s really hard to not fall into the “if only…” thinking.

The irony is XP is only a part of what you need to get mastery levels. In the end what you will lack, and that you initially really do not, are the mastery points. At that moment when XP won’t be your preoccupation you will suddenly realize that the cooperation of others is strongly required to get the events, HP etc. done in order to unlock a mastery point. And then maybe will you feel some resentment toward those spider farmers that took the places of ppl who would have cared about the meta event you wanted to succeed for many reasons including mastery points/achievements/pride to succeed etc.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If you don’t do events, play the story, explore the map, etc., you don’t get any mastery points to unlock so whats the point of nerfing the spider farm?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Absolutely false. Mobs during events do give XP unless it’s during events where there are infinite spawns.

plz nerf spider farm

HtFde.3856

As for your other paragraph I’m wondering where that “ban” option came from. Nobody that I know of spoke of any banning. The OP proposed a nerf on xp, not a ban. People have all the right and freedom to not participate. There isn’t a kitten thing we can do about that really. However it will have an impact.

My bad – wrong wording.

But we already have some adventures locked when metas start so it would follow the OPs idea to make nodes un-harvestable during a meta as well so that everyone does participate in the metas because, hey, it’s actually th eonly thing you can do.

plz nerf spider farm

HtFde.3856

The irony is XP is only a part of what you need to get mastery levels. In the end what you will lack, and that you initially really do not, are the mastery points. At that moment when XP won’t be your preoccupation you will suddenly realize that the cooperation of others is strongly required to get the events, HP etc. done in order to unlock a mastery point. And then maybe will you feel some resentment toward those spider farmers that took the places of ppl who would have cared about the meta event you wanted to succeed for many reasons including mastery points/achievements/pride to succeed etc.

Alas, the majority of Mastery Points is (a) solo from map, (b) solo from story and – my nemesis – (c ) from those xxxxx adventures. No group play involved in those. The HP are strangely different but they do not give you mastery points.

And only map 4 does require “the meta” to get to the mastery and hero points – but you’re usually better off with a few adventures … if you don’t hate that stuff as much as I do, that is.

(edited by HtFde.3856)

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Venatorn.7619

Venatorn.7619

Plz no .. Only 50% into advanced gliding :P

All proffesions 80

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

MEH, as I see it if some players want to have it all, and have it NOW then let them.

I will take my time, because I waited through the drought that was the year leading up to HoT. At least if I have to a wait another year I will have something to do!

plz nerf spider farm

smiling.9028

Again it DOES have an effect on others.

So your solution to making a sucessful Meta is to force all players into participating regardless of how many times they get disconnected or stuck in a failed zoned with no rewards? Good luck with that, I’ll stick to rewards in hand because even IF they increased the rewards for the Meta I still wouldn’t do them regularly because client stability is horrible.

And it does come down to how I want to play my game. I’ll help friends/guildies with things whenever asked to but when it comes to whether or not a Meta is successful I couldn’t give a kitten because those players didn’t pay for my game and won’t dictate how I play it.

Absolutely false. Mobs during events do give XP unless it’s during events where there are infinite spawns.

Name me one event that doesn’t have infinite spawns and I’ll bet it doesn’t involve killing more than 1 or 2 mobs. Show me one event that rewards 1/10th the XP of farming trash for the same amount of time.

They don’t exist.

(edited by smiling.9028)

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This is like the CoF farm. I don’t care if people do it or not.

It doesn’t change my life in any way if they do.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

The spider farm is an excellent way to point out the absurdity of the new content and how unrewarding it is, and how out of touch anet is from its player base. There is no way to make any sense out of a random group of Veterans should produce more expensive than the entire map meta event. I’ve done the meta on multiple maps enough that I’ve unlocked the complete elite trait lines on 10 character’s . The map meta just do not give enough rewards,and are way too long to complete. Hell most of the mobs inside the meta don’t even give xp.

With that being said…. there is nothing wrong with the spider farm. You aren’t going to get rich from it, and you have to have xp buffs for it to be worth it. Also if your running more than 6 or 7 people the amount of xp you get from it is greatly reduced because the mobs die quicker than you can tag them. So yiu can never get enough people doing them to effect the overall success or failure of the map meta. There is probably more people doing the hp points on the map than doing the spider farm.

plz nerf spider farm

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

So your solution to making a sucessful Meta is to force all players into participating regardless of how many times they get disconnected or stuck in a failed zoned with no rewards? Good luck with that, I’ll stick to rewards in hand because even IF they increased the rewards for the Meta I still wouldn’t do them regularly because client stability is horrible.

Did I said that? I sometime wonder why I even bother writing anything down since ppl will rewrite all I’ve said anyway. I never said to force anything. I said to play the only thing these people understand and respect = the numbers. If the spider farming is no longer the most lucrative thing to do, and the events are, the meta-events will have more ppl involved in them. Why is it important that there are enough ppl involved in them? Because they can’t be done without enough which pretty much defeat their purpose to begin with.

And it does come down to how I want to play my game. I’ll help friends/guildies with things whenever asked to but when it comes to whether or not a Meta is successful I couldn’t give a kitten because those players didn’t pay for my game and won’t dictate how I play it.

No, it does not in the light of the OP argument. The map has a built in meta-event. If you don’t participate in it, others WILL feel the effect to varying degree. It REQUIRES many players to achieve the meta-events. There is no way around it. There is a limit of server space too that has no way around it. You do the math and you tell me again that it has no impact on others when you play the way you want. It’s not even to be argued that it DOES have an effect. It is a fact. Can you still play any way you want despite all the settings in the same way you could play badminton in the middle of a soccer match? Sure, you can. Just don’t be too surprised if someone start hating on you tho…

plz nerf spider farm

Ayrilana.1396

Name me one event that doesn’t have infinite spawns and I’ll bet it doesn’t involve killing more than 1 or 2 mobs. Show me one event that rewards 1/10th the XP of farming trash for the same amount of time.

They don’t exist.

I highly suggest you play the expansion maps and do all of the event chains. The vast majority have mobs that award XP. Do any of the DS meta chains. If you truly believe that hardly any of the events have mobs that give XP then it’s pretty clear that you haven’t really played any of the expansion or you’ve limited yourself.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

When resurrecting players and npc’s gives you more experience than killing mobs during a large scale event, then is something rotten there.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

They don’t exist.

All of the “Defend the Rally Point” night-time events in Verdant Brink have swarms of enemies that give XP and loot. The enemies will respawn as fast as they’re killed.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I get tons of exp doing the meta events in DS, to the point its maybe been faster than the spider farm, although with the significant lack of loot, especially no nuhoch bags that should have dropped there and given 1 crystalline ore each.

And that’s with a lot of events being bugged and giving no reward chest at all, just a few minutes after we successfully finish with me having full participation I get a bunch of “Due to inactivity you’ve been screwed out of your reward cause I have no idea how to actually program my way out of a wet paper bag” errors for the events we either just finished or finished minutes before.
(I have screenshots)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Did I said that? I sometime wonder why I even bother writing anything down since ppl will rewrite all I’ve said anyway. I never said to force anything. I said to play the only thing these people understand and respect = the numbers. If the spider farming is no longer the most lucrative thing to do, and the events are, the meta-events will have more ppl involved in them. Why is it important that there are enough ppl involved in them? Because they can’t be done without enough which pretty much defeat their purpose to begin with.

No, it does not in the light of the OP argument. The map has a built in meta-event. If you don’t participate in it, others WILL feel the effect to varying degree. It REQUIRES many players to achieve the meta-events. There is no way around it. There is a limit of server space too that has no way around it. You do the math and you tell me again that it has no impact on others when you play the way you want. It’s not even to be argued that it DOES have an effect. It is a fact. Can you still play any way you want despite all the settings in the same way you could play badminton in the middle of a soccer match? Sure, you can. Just don’t be too surprised if someone start hating on you tho…

It comes down to shoddy design. If anet wants ALL players to participate in the meta whenever it occurs, then they have to do a few things:

make ALL other mobs disappear from the zone during the meta
up the rewards of the event
scale the event according to the number of players
shorten the time needed to do the event.

If they cannot do that, then they should give any player who does not meet their meta-events 2-hour minimum time requirement a refund and say officially ‘this game is not for you, i do not want your money’… Until that time, if i’m in a zone with a current meta event, I may or may not participate, for whatever reason (time commitment being the biggest). But that’s how I choose to play. Nerfing other areas of the zone to suit your playstyle will not change how I play, nor force me to help other players any more or less than I already do.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

But it does affect all around. They take server space but no server participation.

You can argue one way or the other about it being bad or not. The thing is, the meta event requires enough people to be doable. If we have too many side-trackers that see nothing of interest in successfully completing the meta-events because all they care about is numerical maximization the only ‘cure’ for them and the meta-event is making the event the best numerical option.

And yet I’ve been on maps that have running Spider-farms AND have gotten T4. You do realize that a “full” spider Farm is typically about 5-8 people, right? I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than ten people farming it at once on a single map, it just starts to break down at that point. If your map fails, it’s not because of Spider Farmers, 2-3 times that many people can be off doing other things and you should still have plenty to accomplish all the metas.

That said, I do advocate conscientious (and profitable) spider farming. Farm your spiders, yes, but when the local rally point is under attack, defend it. It’s not terrible XP for the time. Repeat as necessary, and then when the 20 minute mark hits, do the boss fight too. It’s worth it.

The irony is XP is only a part of what you need to get mastery levels. In the end what you will lack, and that you initially really do not, are the mastery points.

There aren’t any mastery points in the VB meta either though, at least not after doing it a couple times. This is a moot argument.

That said, I do agree that there is a general issue with map metas on ALL maps that have them, which is that there is plenty of other stuff players can be doing, and you can’t fault them for doing it. On VB alone, players might be Spider farming, but they might also be doing an HP circuit on a fresh character, or doing story components, or running Adventures, or seeking out mastery points (which are on the map but have nothing to do with the meta), there are any number of valid gameplay activities for people that aren’t part of the meta.

That’s why this game needs better map control. It needs, at minimum, the ability to manually select which map you want from a list, like how you can currently /ip to find the ip of your map, you should be able to draw up a list and see “VB 138.64, VB 138.38, VB 124.09, etc.” and just pick the one you want. This list should show the population of each map, like 157/200, so you can see which ones are already highly populated. You should just have to join in on a group to enter a map, you should just be able to pick it.

Even more ideally, they should allow maps to vote on a map “slogan,” like any commander could offer a name for the map “T4 meta,” for example, and then players on the map get to vote for it like kicking, and if X% of the population, maybe 10-20% of it, vote in favor and more than vote against, then it goes into play, so incoming players can see on the list that this is a map which is trying to do the meta.

Even more ideally, they would separate out “meta” and “non-meta” maps, by removing all non-meta activities from meta maps. No Adventures, no story nodes, no jumping puzzles, no Hero Points, Mastery Points, Vistas, etc. If you’re not there to run the meta, then you’ll find nothing to do there. You pick which version you’re interested in doing, and while you can still choose to run the meta on a normal map, and probably do ok at it, if you’re really serious about maxing out the meta, then it’s best to do so on a map without distractions.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think we should perma-ban anyone who has more gold than me, too.

This thread is ridiculous.

plz nerf spider farm

smiling.9028

Congratulations to all the players who like to tell other players how they should play their game. Now that spider farm is nerfed do you actually think the people who were doing it are going to join the unrewarding events or are they just going to move on to the next mob farm?

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It was nerfed?

15chars

plz nerf spider farm

Ayrilana.1396

Well now people can do the DS meta which was as good, if not better, than the spider farm.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

C’mon, they nerf every single farm in this game whether people complain about it or not.

Anet just hates farms.

plz nerf spider farm

Ayrilana.1396

You have to admit though that you saw this nerf coming.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

We will find a new one, the way to go isn’t nerfing farms, but buffing events experience, when events give enough experience people will stop doing those farms.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

gotta love being railroaded into a specific way of playing… “I want to do meta, therefore everyone else has to as well! So help me god if they dont….. NERF THEM!!!!!!!!!! Cuz my playstyle = the only one thats important!!!”

/sarcasmoff

Use your LFG tool to start your meta map, its what its there for.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Congratulations to all the players who like to tell other players how they should play their game. Now that spider farm is nerfed do you actually think the people who were doing it are going to join the unrewarding events or are they just going to move on to the next mob farm?

How was it nerfed? I had calculated that I needed to kill 3175.4 spiders to level the masteries I need for my elite spec weapons, but I was too busy to do that over the past few days..

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

plz nerf spider farm

Ayrilana.1396

We will find a new one, the way to go isn’t nerfing farms, but buffing events experience, when events give enough experience people will stop doing those farms.

There’s no need when events provide a lot of mobs that you can kill for XP. Doing the meta event chains is how I leveled my masteries and over 90% of the XP I earned came from mob kills.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

They don’t exist.

Almost all verdant brink event mob give xp.

Auric Basin and Tangled depth have event that mob give no exp.. a lot involve around Kill some big structure thing that spawn infinite mobs.

Didn’t do dragon stand much.. so yeah… they exist .

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Why are people so concerned with things that do not have any bearing on them whatsoever.

Spider farm is fine the way it is as most of the time its only hand full or little more farming spiders that I’ve seen for myself. I would agree spider farming would ONLY be an issue if the whole map was doing it but that’s not the case here. Nothing stopping the OP from starting a organized map him/herself or joining one in LFG tool. So in all the OP is blowing things out of proportion.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

Some guys make a few ranting posts without decent arguments about spider exp farm, and hoppa, it gets nerfed lmao… But when people make good suggestions that actually make sense OH NO NO! I did farm it once for half an hour and it was quite fun, also with decent drops. Why would you care that people have fun? Let people play the game the way they want to, not force your way on them.
But most of all, nerfs like this would be acceptable if you could get exp and possible loot from ALL mobs, not a single story mob give exp i think… I thought that it was the intention of masteries to play the way I, as a player, like to play. So much for that, endless events and meta’s forced on us.
(And yes, now i was ranting ^^ )

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

Please nerf mob xp on events…. Oh yeah, you already did xD

/sarcasm

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Since they nerfed spiders, did they at least fix the issue of people dc’ing at the end of the 2 hour DS event and not getting credit for it?

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Hilariously, this is still a good farm.

Yes, the mobs give less xp, BUT they respawn just as fast and are easier to kill – meaning you can do it with less.

It takes a bit longer, but that’s what youtube is for.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

plz nerf spider farm

Ayrilana.1396

Hilariously, this is still a good farm.

Yes, the mobs give less xp, BUT they respawn just as fast and are easier to kill – meaning you can do it with less.

It takes a bit longer, but that’s what youtube is for.

How much XP an hour?

plz nerf spider farm

smiling.9028

Well now people can do the DS meta which was as good, if not better, than the spider farm.

DS is a close second to what the spider farm was, but you need a 3-4 players and you have to avoid the meta. I’m betting within a week you’ll see a “please nerf the xxxx farm in DS” from the same crowd that pushed this thread so hard.

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

op just assured his map will be empty for sure now… nerfing what 4-5 players a map was doing was a joke… it isnt going to add to the people doing the meta, they will instead just go to the other 3 maps and do it there instead… Im glad I got all my xp in before this crap happened. VB is gonna be soooo empty now. So without further adieu… I am gone from VB for the foreseeable future! Have fun in your empty map!!

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: Ashreon.2840

Ashreon.2840

A simple fix that would be relatively easy. Suggested by a guildmate

Make a map for meta events and one for exploration. On teleportation TO a map you are prompted to choose between meta-event/exploring. Teleportation within a map wouldn’t prompt the message. You could probably also implement an interface to switch between the two states which would then cause a teleport.

In Exploration maps you can do adventures, hero points, kill random mobs, explore stuff O.O (IKR!), achievements not associated to meta-events and events in general, mastery points, chests, strongboxes and harvesting.

In Meta-Event maps you remove all fluff and make it all about the meta events. Nothing. Else. Except achievements for the various meta-events + preq events.

I do agree that not some meta-events require a lot more participation than others (DS and Tarir being the fairly easy ones to nail). TD and VB being near impossible if not enough players are around.

It would also do A LOT to NOT open up new instances of a zone until the previous instances are completely full.. Sorry to all the dc’ers, but there are far too many dead instances with far too many players spread too thin. (We should not need to taxi…….)

Can’t say I care much about an exp nerf. Masteries were intended as a time consuming project. If they feel you can get too far, too fast with spider farm. Honestly, it’s their decision and the feelings in the community will likely be split 50/50. Furthermore it’s highly unlikely to cause you to pack your belongings and move to another game so there’s little risk involved in doing said nerf.

(edited by Ashreon.2840)

plz nerf spider farm

Posted by: rrusse.7058

rrusse.7058

I was doing TD just last evening and was just following the normal event chain in Rata Novus. I start getting hit with DR about 3 – 4 events in. What I want to know is why aren’t people complaining about that?

I do the spider farm, which has no negatives other than being somewhat boring and pulling a handful of people away from the map meta.

Though people standing around being afk is the same thing and I am not seeing complaining about that.

People are missing the biggest issue of all. Why is playing the game as intended give less and less rewards as you play?