pristine fractal relics convertion

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: shaythan.1398

shaythan.1398

after the new blogpost (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updating-your-wallet/) i had a thought about something. it says that pristine fractal relics will get into the new wallet, which is great and all, but does that mean we won’t be abble to convert them to 15 fractal relics?

EDIT – i intended to put in in the general discussion forum, put it here by mistake, sorry… if it’s possible please move it there.

(edited by shaythan.1398)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

A good question. How is this going to work?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I don’t really understand why they are two different currencies in the first place.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t really understand why they are two different currencies in the first place.

Pristines purchase your rings, it creates a timesink as you can only get so many pristines in a day, where you could continually farm fro the normal relics.

Of course eventually pristines are pretty much useless and you may want to convert to standard relics to maybe buy bags or build a backpiece or whatever.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I am interested on this as well.

Should I convert my ~280 Pristines into relics or what?

I mostly hold it in hopes that at some point pristine relics would give some new itens (Like that time with mawdrey).

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

after the new blogpost (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updating-your-wallet/) i had a thought about something. it says that pristine fractal relics will get into the new wallet, which is great and all, but does that mean we won’t be abble to convert them to 15 fractal relics?

EDIT – i intended to put in in the general discussion forum, put it here by mistake, sorry… if it’s possible please move it there.

in the blog they say :
Hover your mouse over a currency to display its details—some of which you can click for extra functionality

so i guess if you mouse over your pristine you will be able to interact and break one into 15 just like before.

Fractal Relics are already in the wallet .. so .. interact with a pristine in the wallet to add 15 to fractals relics ..

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I think an easy fix would be to put a line item in the fractal merchant that gaverelics for 1 prestine.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: shaythan.1398

shaythan.1398

in the blog they say :
Hover your mouse over a currency to display its details—some of which you can click for extra functionality

so i guess if you mouse over your pristine you will be able to interact and break one into 15 just like before.

Fractal Relics are already in the wallet .. so .. interact with a pristine in the wallet to add 15 to fractals relics ..

the extra functionality they mentioned was the direction to the way to aquire the said currency. but maybe they didn’t mentioned that you could also convert it… guess we’ll wait and see…

I think an easy fix would be to put a line item in the fractal merchant that gaverelics for 1 prestine.

that is a pretty good solution… didn’t thought about that.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

That would be nice. I had no idea until reading this post that I could convert pristine relics into regular relics.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d like to know the answer to this as well, considering how many pristine fractal relics I have and how few rings I need.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Since this is the case the best route to take is to add to the fractal vendor 1 pristine relic for 15 normal relics, or at least i hope they do this.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Since this is the case the best route to take is to add to the fractal vendor 1 pristine relic for 15 normal relics, or at least i hope they do this.

Pristine relics are a way to time-gate items that require them for purchase. I doubt we’ll see a 2-way conversion because of that.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Pristine relics are a way to time-gate items that require them for purchase. I doubt we’ll see a 2-way conversion because of that.

I wasn’t talking about a 2 way conversion. pristine to normal, thats it. since right now you can already double click pristine and get 15 normal, as other have pointed out in this thread.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

It read like you meant “buy 1 pristine relic for 15 normal relics”

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

After the patch yesterday I was trying to figure out what was up with the relics and in doing so found this thread. I looked around and found that in the fractal lobby when you speak to the robot who sells rings you now have an option of trading 1 pristine relic for a ‘’bag of fractal relics’’ which contains 15 relics. Figured I would update here for anyone else who may come looking as I did.