question about hero points

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I’m wondering:Since i maxed my elite skill there are more hero points than i can use, so i wonder if the elite spec or other specs will be expanded upon?

What do you guys think?

I heard a person theorize that either elite spec or something will be expanded in the future and we will be using all the skill points.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

New Elite Specializations are thought to come with each expansion. I’m pretty sure the Devs talked about that.

Thus, Hero Points will be used then, more than likely. It really matters not, as there is no downside to ‘storing’ them, and nothing else (at this time) to use them on.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They tried to get rid of the excess with HoT by making the new ones worth 10 points and requiring something like 50% of the old world to max out the core specs. That backfired however, and HoT’s requirements were cut in half while core was completely removed, so it’s even worse.

The next expansion will come with new elites, but it’ll also have its own points. Whether they bloat the points again, make them expansion-specific, revert to endless points or do nothing, you’ll have to wait and see. For now, the excess is just a way to unlock future specs faster. They talked about adding a vendor for the excess, but it’s obviously a bad idea to waste something that’s limited.

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

They tried to get rid of the excess with HoT by making the new ones worth 10 points and requiring something like 50% of the old world to max out the core specs. That backfired however, and HoT’s requirements were cut in half while core was completely removed, so it’s even worse.

The next expansion will come with new elites, but it’ll also have its own points. Whether they bloat the points again, make them expansion-specific, revert to endless points or do nothing, you’ll have to wait and see. For now, the excess is just a way to unlock future specs faster. They talked about adding a vendor for the excess, but it’s obviously a bad idea to waste something that’s limited.

You didn’t need any of Core Tyria’s hero points after the trait rework. If you were level 80 you had enough hero points to max all of your core specializations and skills, and therefore allowed to spend points on the elite spec line. There were 40 hero challenges (each worth 10) in HoT from the beginning, and you needed 400 total hero points to max your Elite Spec. The reason they changed it is because people complained that 400 was too much despite all of them being available in the new 4 maps. Having the excess from doing all the core tyria hero challenges just let you finish your elite spec faster.

(edited by Sectry.1236)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You didn’t need any of Core Tyria’s hero points after the trait rework.

Before it shipped, the plan was that you received 400 points from leveling, but needed an extra 65 points to fully unlock your core specs.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Before it shipped, the plan was that you received 400 points from leveling, but needed an extra 65 points to fully unlock your core specs.

Yep, I remember that, I remember making sure I had 65 ready to go on each of my alts.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yep, I remember that, I remember making sure I had 65 ready to go on each of my alts.

Same here. I had a few ready to go with 80 just in case. I was pretty upset when they announced 400 because I have 15 characters (and obviously HP trains were not running yet).