red player in Ember Bay ?!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

First i thought it was an enemy cos of the name was in red text.
Then i noticed it was player ?!
Ember Bay is not a WvW or PvP map right ?!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, it’s not a wvw/pvp map. Part of the story requires you to obtain items that temporarily make you appear as an enemy to other players, but no one can attack you (nor can you attack anyone else).

Posted by: Dulwitch.8976

Dulwitch.8976

it’s not. Red labeled players in Ember bay are likely using the Massat armour. It turns them into a enemy so you know nothing can attack them. Since you have no weapons or ability’s in the disguise it works in your favor.

To be strong as the roots and bold as the earth,
Free as the wind and subtle as the rain upon my leaves.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No, it’s not a wvw/pvp map. Part of the story requires you to obtain items that temporarily make you appear as an enemy to other players, but no one can attack you (nor can you attack anyone else).

No, but you can heal other players when they go down and get event credit.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

I got rather amused as some tried to attack me after I goofed and glided down to far. I landed right next to Grumby. Wasn’t on purpose, but I just had to say “um ouch”. LOL it was when I realize the game actually changes your attack faction.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I stayed in my Mursaat disguise for quite a while. It makes it a lot easier to find those Mursaat lore tablets. That way, you don’t have to look out for all those pesky veteran jade constructs littering the place.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I stayed in my Mursaat disguise for quite a while. It makes it a lot easier to find those Mursaat lore tablets. That way, you don’t have to look out for all those pesky veteran jade constructs littering the place.

It was fun. I walked around telling the jade armours to button their shirts and stand up straight. Like I was their drill sergeant.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

When I first saw it, I had hoped it was a form of open-world PvP.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Llyweln.3078

Llyweln.3078

I did too Chaba…..that wouldve rocked! Though I did giggle yesterday when a ranger started attacking me cause I missed the jump and went back to gumbie lol

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

There also used to be a funny bug in Silverwastes with those bandits, if someone spent 1g to become allied to bandits other players could kill him/her. The one in ember bay is just for story though, they are made invulnerable and simply change ‘faction’ temporarily so that mobs don’t attack those players.

Posted by: TDC.1627

TDC.1627

It has some side effects though. Had another player troll me for a good 10 minutes getting in between me and the Jade Armours and absorbing my attacks and acting as a unkillable meat shield for the Jade.