remove timer from HP as they are so OP

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

Hi all,

i was excited for the HoT but now it’s is so annoying that if you are going for 100% area the hero skills are like impossible to do solo and having friends on at the right time to do it with is a pain in the kitten so most of the time i’m just waiting around the HP for over player to come. i finished everything in VB but the HP as they are so OP and then you have a timer so even in a group you still fail because you couldn’t kill it quick enough. this will kill off most of the solo players as they will not be able to finish anything then then it will be even longer waiting for the remaining solo players. i think i waited 30 mins to do the vamp HP in VB then you get a group and he just keeps healing so much it’s like wtf he can heal faster than you can kill him and i know there are people who are going to say it’s an MMO but still that doesn’t mean you need to be in a party 24/7 because not everyone wants to do the same thing all the time and when you have multiple characters to do it can get so frustrating so in short anet please remove the timer from HP as they are to OP as it is.

thanks

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Try map chat and pop a tag. Include a waypoint. People will come.

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

I don’t mean to say “Get gud”, but they aren’t as hard (generally) as you make out.

There are a few which are significantly harder to do solo, or with a group who is not paying attention to mechanics. But there are many commune, or easily solo able fights as well (I say easy because I’ve done it in nothing better than rare for any slot, more than once).

• Put up a Mentor/Commander tag when you’re on your way and say you’re going there. That will usually get you 1-2 (if not more) people interested.
  • Put up a LFG about it (might get you another 1-2).
  • Know the mechanics of the creature type you’re fighting (Vampire type puts a debuff on that heals him, dodge/LOS this attack and he’s a joke … Arrowheads roll when you’re on the side, and cone slam when you’re in front/behind, Balthazar’s flame explosion etc.)
  • Know how to get to the HP, some people still need to be guided to them / don’t have some masteries
  • Don’t fight with the meta …
    • 19:~~ left in VB meta? don’t try and rush people to vampire, they want to do something else
    • AB tarir prep challenges? great time to do a HP, but come back in time to help a lane
    • DS – post dragon, there may not be a mesmer to portal you, there is limited time and lots to do

And above all, be patient. There are a lot of things going on in the new maps, do an event or adventure on your way/while you wait, gather EVERYTHING, practice killing a few things instead of trying to run by it all.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

a little tip for the vampire HP….

the main big heal is when he tethers himself to a player using a black laser beam. the ONE player being tethered needs to get out of range to break it. that’s it. and he only uses that skill around 25% health or lower. (mesmers can shatter their illusions if an illusion gets targetted, rangers can recall their pets, necros and elementalists aren’t so lucky with their summoned pets)

all the other heals (like his poison cloud spihoning life from melee targets) are all very minor and can be DPS’d through. (mesmers can shatter their clones at this point)

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Also, he doesn’t use that when broken, so break that bar as often as possible and he’s a cakewalk.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

You can unlock them all in WvW / Eotm it’s how i unlock all the ones that need you to fight. i avoid HoT as much as possible

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

you can kite the vampire one around the steelpiece of the airship to always be able to deny his heal by going out of LoS

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Funny you pick the the Vampire HP as an example to fight in a group.

That one is actually easier soloing or in small group. He will give a random player/pet/clone/etc. in melee range a red debuff which he will leech the health off that person and heal up.

So the more people there are, the more chances he will leech off someone.

You can solo it by using range.

I was able to solo most of the boss HPs on thief.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The HP timers are terrible, yeah.

They should just abort challenges if no one is there for a minute or so instead of letting the clock tick all the way to 0:00.

As if the meta event timers aren’t bad enough, you even have to wait to start hero challenges if you arrive at a bad time, like a few minutes after someone started one and decided he couldn’t solo it.

Posted by: Thrist.9046

Thrist.9046

The HP timers are terrible, yeah.

They should just abort challenges if no one is there for a minute or so instead of letting the clock tick all the way to 0:00.

As if the meta event timers aren’t bad enough, you even have to wait to start hero challenges if you arrive at a bad time, like a few minutes after someone started one and decided he couldn’t solo it.

Or there should be a way to restart them like an adventure.