sad day for Arenanet.. have to say it..

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

My credentials if this even matters. I have been a GW player from GW1 prophecies and have bought and played every release. Now that’s out if the way..

Let me say I feel bad for Arenanet. This is their big expansion and people are complaining about trivial matters.

I for one am glad they are appealing to new players with a included copy of GW2 with HoT. Ya I know it’s not free yadada.. I was hoping they would do that. I as a veteran player do not feel entitled to anything more. I dont feel ripped off or cheated. Paying $50 for HoT does not bother me even if its a “bundle”. Im happy to pay it and support one of the best mmo’s.

In my opinion Arenanet was trying to do something nice by the bundle deal. People need to stop focusing on this bundle deal and more on the price. is $50 worth it to you? In my opinion it is.

we need to remember Arenanet is a business and they need to make money. If they attract new players this brings in revenue. This benefits veteran players by having more people to play with and this in turn supports Arenanets costs of running a company. Aka servers still running and new content. How quickly do we forget how much we got for $60 on the core game. All the updates and living story. This is a great company and I do believe they truly care about the players.

So flame me or do what ever But I am going to support them and pre purchase.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Posted by: Infidel.8412

Infidel.8412

It is not ‘just’ the bundle deal that is the issue here. You could look at the many, many, many other posts on this forum to see the many other problems related to the pre-purchase.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Its not about money… For me $50 is ok for me.
is about Fair.
Is about their ATTITUDE.
is about they betray new players from last 3 month. look at what they have done for FAQ

is about disappointing.

RavenRecoil.6103

Oh I have.. I do agree on the point of waiting until we have a release date & more info. But being so upset and claiming to leave the game over this pre-purchase “fiasco” I just find silly.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

And yet another individual who understands nothing about why we’re so upset about this. Is it REALLY so hard to understand or are people more stupid than i ever thought possible?

“Would you kindly?”

JUN YANG.4328

an example: you are saying if your wife betray you. you still support her??
HELL NO

RavenRecoil.6103

being Fair? I don’t find it unfair what they did. maybe I’m crazy but I have no problem with this at all. I can’t believe how upset people are over this.

Posted by: Infidel.8412

Infidel.8412

Well you creating a thread and calling other peoples’ opinions or their right to be angry ‘silly’ is not going to win anyone over to your argument. Not to mention, if you look in-game at map chats, youtube comments, twitter, facebook, reddit, these forums—it might not be so silly. And there is no ‘claiming to leave’ either; a lot of people have left the game following the announcement.

RavenRecoil.6103

Lol I can’t compare a video game to my marriage. But since I do have kids that would complicate things..

RavenRecoil.6103

Honestly I’m not trying to win anyone’s opinion. You can have yours and I will have mine. I just wanted to voice mine and let Arenanet I will still support their game.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I also have played since GW1 beta, I played all the way through to GW2 beta and continued my journey here.

The sad part is, back then, they wouldn’t have batted an eye at a character slot because it really does make sense, new character, new slot. They wouldn’t have (and didn’t) charge you extra, trying to nickle and dime us for every little thing.

The truth is, Anet has lost what it once was, yes they are a company and yes they need to make money but, they used to know where their money came from and that a happy customer was a paying customer.

Now it’s more about squeezing you for every cent they can get and throwing out content that makes them happy. Some of the content in the last couple years has been partial to what we have asked for but a lot of it is not. It’s like an ego maniac took the wheel, player concerns took a back seat to the all mighty dollar.

That is what is sad about all of this.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

being Fair? I don’t find it unfair what they did. maybe I’m crazy but I have no problem with this at all. I can’t believe how upset people are over this.

They designed a bundle product specifically for newcomers and force it on the entire playerbase.
They used the FAQ page and recent discounts to sell the core game, and then erased all evidence.
They launch a pre-purchase for a product whose content and release date are unknown.

There are more issues than stinginess.

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

Mutual respect is the important thing between people, between companies and customers.

Anet doesn’t show respect to existing players, then I won’t take out credit card.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

My credentials if this even matters. I have been a GW player from GW1 prophecies and have bought and played every release. Now that’s out if the way..

Let me say I feel bad for Arenanet. This is their big expansion and people are complaining about trivial matters.

I for one am glad they are appealing to new players with a included copy of GW2 with HoT. Ya I know it’s not free yadada.. I was hoping they would do that. I as a veteran player do not feel entitled to anything more. I dont feel ripped off or cheated. Paying $50 for HoT does not bother me even if its a “bundle”. Im happy to pay it and support one of the best mmo’s.

In my opinion Arenanet was trying to do something nice by the bundle deal. People need to stop focusing on this bundle deal and more on the price. is $50 worth it to you? In my opinion it is.

we need to remember Arenanet is a business and they need to make money. If they attract new players this brings in revenue. This benefits veteran players by having more people to play with and this in turn supports Arenanets costs of running a company. Aka servers still running and new content. How quickly do we forget how much we got for $60 on the core game. All the updates and living story. This is a great company and I do believe they truly care about the players.

So flame me or do what ever But I am going to support them and pre purchase.

Nowhere in this wall of text did you invalidate the simple request that the HoT version of GW2 include a character slot. You act like Anet would go bankrupt from doing one decent act. This isn’t even including the false advertising scandal. I bought from the gem store during my brief stint with GW2, cause I wanted to support Anet. They threw that back in my face within like 2 months. Also this “go ahead and flame me” play the victim card made me cringe.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I’m also g1, from 1st month of release.

If i could gift the free account that came with the expansion, or even make a 2nd account while keeping my main upgraded …that would be nice.

but that’s not the case.

I use to get super excited in gw1 with expansions, I remember once traveling many miles just to get a magazine that had a special code for an ingame item that was an expansion pack promotion….. somehow this time around, i’m kind of happy where I’m at now. I hope those that rush to get it, have a ton of fun, i look forward to watching the youtube videos.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

JUN YANG.4328

i told you what to be unfair..
for veteran and new player we both pay $50

however new player have 5 slot to chose 9 class
veteran dont. they either spend another 800 gem to get another slot for new class or delete 1 to free slot. in this case we either spend extra money on it or waste time on that character going to delete. do you think this still fair?

(dont calculate those stuff you already have. we already pay money for the core. we earn that. )

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Different people are upset for different reasons. The one thing a lot of us agree on is that something needs to change.

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

@ OP. Heart of Thorns has nothing to do with being an expansion, if the core game has been withdrawn from their store. HoT became, with this bold move, the core game.

How do you feel when you buy a car that has no handbrake or windows and then the company tells you “hey! we’ve got those windows and the handbrake ready for your car, but you know what?! to get them, you’ll have to buy this new car! Our technical support will then disassemble it and mount the elements on your old one. Nope, can’t buy just those, sorry – company policy!” That’s what they ended up doing.

And at this point anything that could support ANet’s behavior based on their pristine GW1 reputation is sinking in an ocean of quicksand.

• bugs didn’t get fixed. Game felt like still in its beta with those crawling in every section of the game;
  • game mechanics (like the conditions mess) weren’t fixed. The game balance issue can’t even be discussed if the skills and their effects were still not final.
  • content missing and/or removed. GHs, GvG, story chapter.
  • The roleplaying part of the story felt, to me, more like a placeholder (with basically no cutscenes and an extremely dry voice acting and gestures of those talking heads)

Almost all these aspects are bound to be fixed with the prep’s and launch of HoT. Parts of these fixes will be delivered to the players not owning HoT, but from that point onward, the free LS content will require them to buy GW2 again (keep in mind, there will be no GW2 no more, as they show, just GW2:HoT, with one code for everything).

So support Anet?! What?! After the community did that while playing a beta game for 3 years?!
Of course, there’s little to do from their part – it’s like hating the workers in the car factory (in the example above) for the marketing decisions of selling the product without windows. NC dictated how this should be played and they complied. Either they didn’t have the financial independence to fight abusive decisions, or lacked the backbone. I’m pretty sure if they would’ve been on their own with this, they’d have had a different approach to both marketing and quality of GW2 and a lot of support from the GW1 community – not to mention making that community even bigger along the way instead of thinner.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Its not about money…

No, it is about the money. Stop making excuses and pretending you’re fighting for justice and morality; it’s just embarrassing.

The deal can be better. Duh? Is the response at all in line with this? No; it’s not.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

an example: you are saying if your wife betray you. you still support her??
HELL NO

Haha, let’s not get carried away with analogies. A company offering a service is nothing like a wife. There is also nothing wrong by supporting and forgiving a wife even if she did “betray” you.