skill point scrolls

skill point scrolls

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: gereden.6983

gereden.6983

what will happen with these? atm, a bloodstone shard costs 200 skill points will it be the same after xpac? will it still use skill points or a different system? should we use our skill points now for bloodstone shards or what?

a anwser from the devs would be appreciated

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Sounds like once we have all our Hero Points, any excess will be converted into crafting mats. So I suppose the scrolls will still function, but I have no idea what currency we will use to buy things that cost skill points since we can’t stockpile them anymore in HoT.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: WGuardian.1028

WGuardian.1028

I’m starting to think that ppl just don’t read full articles or they just don’t want to re-read if they didn’t find answer on first go:

Old skill points in excess of those earned by leveling and skill challenges will be converted into crafting materials for the Mystic Forge. Items and activities that were previously repeatable sources of skill points will now also provide that same crafting material.

So it’s safe to say that bloodstone shard and all other stuff will cost something else (maybe gold).

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

it sounds like everyone should use their scrolls, because they will not exist after the update (thats what i get from the artilcle at any rate).

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

skill point scrolls

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Well i gonna unlock every skill on all my characters using scrolls. Even this useless new heals :P

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Weyrd.2794

Weyrd.2794

I am curious on how the excess skill points will be converted. There are a variety of mystic forge mats that require skill points. Will they give us a choice on how they are converted and thus what mats we get or are they going to do it automatically somehow?

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I definitely want to know what will happen with skill point scrolls so I can make an informed decision as to what I want to do with these items that I have specifically spent dozens of hours gathering.

It would be really nice to get some hard clarification on this:

• What exactly are the materials?
  • Will the skill point scrolls turn into a single item for the Mystic Forge or is there a choice?
  • Is it an automatic transformation upon login after the update?
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Skill point scrolls and any other form of excess skill points will be changed into crafting materials for use in the mystic toilet.

Anyone saving them for use on the new Revenant character class, well ArenaNet just did a number on you.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Skill point scrolls and any other form of excess skill points will be changed into crafting materials for use in the mystic toilet.

Anyone saving them for use on the new Revenant character class, well ArenaNet just did a number on you.

Yah. I have about a thousand sitting in inventory. I was planning to use tomes to get to 80 then unlock all my skills using scroll.

They do say chars will get the a Hero point with each level up so that will be 79 points at level 80.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yah. I have about a thousand sitting in inventory. I was planning to use tomes to get to 80 then unlock all my skills using scroll.

They do say chars will get the a Hero point with each level up so that will be 79 points at level 80.

Would not surprise me if they made it so level up scrolls will not work on the Revenant, they have just done that with skill point scrolls, so why not level up scrolls?

ArenaNet hates, really, really hates players fast tracking anything or burning through content too fast and will do anything, change anything to stop that.

Grind or go that’s the Arena Net way.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/23/exclusive-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-interview-unwraps-specializations-and-traits/

“If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. We will be talking more about how that works and how you acquire that currency in the future.”

skill point scrolls

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/23/exclusive-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-interview-unwraps-specializations-and-traits/

“If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. "

I read that and I wondered if these crafting material that will end up being used towards completing the collections for legendaries? Or will it be bunch of random potent venom sacs and the likes?

I hope they give us time like they did for glory exchanges with proper detailed information before the xpac launches. I am sitting on over 1.5k of these things combined.

EDIT: I think if I understand the blogger’s english, he meant skill points will get converted into something like “mystic points/material” that we will be able to purchase the stuff we currently purchase from Miyani. So, in essence, if I want to get 10 philosopher stones, I will have to spend 1 mystic point/material to get them. This essentially helps ANET get rid of the skill points. There maybe 1 to 1 conversion ratio between skill point and mystic point/material but, the conversion ratio maybe different for tomes of knowledge. Well, that’s what i think.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

“If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. "

I read that and I wondered if these crafting material that will end up being used towards completing the collections for legendaries? Or will it be bunch of random potent venom sacs and the likes?

I hope they give us time like they did for glory exchanges with proper detailed information before the xpac launches. I am sitting on over 1.5k of these things combined.

EDIT: I think if I understand the blogger’s english, he meant skill points will get converted into something like “mystic points/material” that we will be able to purchase the stuff we currently purchase from Miyani. So, in essence, if I want to get 10 philosopher stones, I will have to spend 1 mystic point/material to get them. This essentially helps ANET get rid of the skill points. There maybe 1 to 1 conversion ratio between skill point and mystic point/material but, the conversion ratio maybe different for tomes of knowledge. Well, that’s what i think.

I’m thinking it might be that and a mix of things you used to have to buy with skill points for the mystic forge.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

ArenaNet a few year ago: “Here’s all these rewards in boxes etc. They contain skill points and leveling tomes for your account so you can pvp and level up or just use them on alts. It’s super flexible and amazing!”

Me a few years ago: “Cool! If they ever release a new profession or race or both I can use these to level up to 80 and play all new content instead of content I have played over and over. This is awesome we don’t have to traditionally level up. We can just play new classes in new areas as they come out! Thanks ArenaNet! I think I’ll head to PvP and farm these up for future races and professions!”

ArenaNet today: "Now we are changing what you have spent thousands of hours getting into something totally different and we are going to be vague about it but keep the current reward structure in place. We don’t want you skipping that content you rightfully have no desire to play anymore. Instead of letting you have a fresh level 80 Revenant so you can just play the expansion with it, you need to go through all that content you are tired of. Sorry to those of who have spent the last few months since we announced the expansion who have spent countless hours farming skill points and leveling tomes in advance. We should have been more clear on how it was going to work to save you all a bunch of wasted time. "

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Old skill points in excess of those earned by leveling and skill challenges will be converted into crafting materials for the Mystic Forge. Items and activities that were previously repeatable sources of skill points will now also provide that same crafting material.

In other words, complete garbage. Convert everything now guys because if you thought you had a lot of pointless Mystic Forge Stones sitting around in your bank, you ain’t seen nothing yet!
[edit] Corrected below.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Ceraphs Embrace.1639

Ceraphs Embrace.1639

“If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. We will be talking more about how that works and how you acquire that currency in the future.”

So I suppose they don’t get turned into actual crafting materials, but basically a new replacement currency. If you’re keeping your scrolls around to buy things it looks like there won’t really be any changes? You just can’t use the skill scrolls you currently have to unlock skills for your characters anymore.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

There are already waaaaaay to many types of currency in this game. It’s friggin ridiculous. For the sake of full disclosure here are a “few”:
Copper
Silver
Gold
Skill Points
WvW Badges
Guild Merits
Guild Influence
Laurels
Guild Commendations
Council Commendations
EIGHT different kinds of dungeon tokens
Bandit Crests
Geodes
WvW Claim Tickets
Candy Corn
Cobbs
Sprockets
Ugly Clothing (three different kinds)
Jorbreakers
Fortune Scarps
Several gear claim tickets
Ecto
Black Lion Scraps and Tickets
soon: Hero Points

What did I miss?

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

There are already waaaaaay to many types of currency in this game. It’s friggin ridiculous. For the sake of full disclosure here are a “few”:
Copper
Silver
Gold
Skill Points
WvW Badges
Guild Merits
Guild Influence
Laurels
Guild Commendations
Council Commendations
Bandit Crests
Geodes
WvW Claim Tickets
Candy Corn
Cobbs
Sprockets
Jorbreakers
Fortune Scarps
Ecto

What did I miss?

Technically, some of those are crafting mats.

Though I agree that the game has too many currencies. We need more avenues to exchange one currency to another. Any system could include a loss, so that the most efficient route is to earn the appropriate currency.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

For those thinking you that skill point scrolls will be a thing of the past…the conversion applies to EXCESS skill points, and those you acquire AFTER level 80. Which means as long as you have not reached lvl 80 they should still work as intended, same with Tomes of Knowledge. Remember, most of this applies to max level characters, not characters that are going through the leveling process.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Zinubis.9506

Zinubis.9506

For those thinking you that skill point scrolls will be a thing of the past…the conversion applies to EXCESS skill points, and those you acquire AFTER level 80. Which means as long as you have not reached lvl 80 they should still work as intended, same with Tomes of Knowledge. Remember, most of this applies to max level characters, not characters that are going through the leveling process.

I think that you might be right. However, at this point, I want to ask ArenaNet for clarification. Sometimes I like this game of teasing and speculating but somehow I can’t deny now that I’ve had enough of being thrown into the middle ground with various species of frogs and excess scrolls or points. For that reason, I want to show my support for Iason Evan’s questions here, too:

I definitely want to know what will happen with skill point scrolls so I can make an informed decision as to what I want to do with these items that I have specifically spent dozens of hours gathering.

It would be really nice to get some hard clarification on this:

• What exactly are the materials?
  • Will the skill point scrolls turn into a single item for the Mystic Forge or is there a choice?
  • Is it an automatic transformation upon login after the update?

So, mods, would you mind helping us out a little bit more, please?

skill point scrolls

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

ArenaNet a few year ago: “Here’s all these rewards in boxes etc. They contain skill points and leveling tomes for your account so you can pvp and level up or just use them on alts. It’s super flexible and amazing!”

Me a few years ago: “Cool! If they ever release a new profession or race or both I can use these to level up to 80 and play all new content instead of content I have played over and over. This is awesome we don’t have to traditionally level up. We can just play new classes in new areas as they come out! Thanks ArenaNet! I think I’ll head to PvP and farm these up for future races and professions!”

ArenaNet today: "Now we are changing what you have spent thousands of hours getting into something totally different and we are going to be vague about it but keep the current reward structure in place. We don’t want you skipping that content you rightfully have no desire to play anymore. Instead of letting you have a fresh level 80 Revenant so you can just play the expansion with it, you need to go through all that content you are tired of. Sorry to those of who have spent the last few months since we announced the expansion who have spent countless hours farming skill points and leveling tomes in advance. We should have been more clear on how it was going to work to save you all a bunch of wasted time. "

Nobody said leveling tomes don’t work. Instead, we have confirmation that you can level your Revenant to 80 through Tomes alone.

Leveling to 80 alone gives you access to most skills/traits. Also, the utilities are grouped in categories like Signets, Shouts, etc, so you can prioritize the ones you need for your build, like full-Medi Guard, or full-Cantrip Ele.

In other words, complete garbage. Convert everything now guys because if you thought you had a lot of pointless Mystic Forge Stones sitting around in your bank, you ain’t seen nothing yet!

They are making a new currency. Don’t you think it’s better to wait until you know what you can use for first?

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

skill point scrolls

RabbitUp.8294

Copper
Silver
Gold
Skill Points
WvW Badges
Guild Merits
Guild Influence
Laurels
Guild Commendations
Council Commendations
Bandit Crests
Geodes
WvW Claim Tickets
Candy Corn
Cobbs
Sprockets
Jorbreakers
Fortune Scarps
Ecto

What did I miss?

Copper/Silver/Gold are pretty much the same currency.

Skill Points will be replaced by Hero Point for the sake of unlocking skills/traits. The only addition is the new currency that will replace the excess skill points we now get.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Why are we assuming the Mystic Forge crafting item is NEW? Isn’t it possible that it’s an existing crafting material?

skill point scrolls

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m thinking they will become crafting scrolls/points that the mystic forge will require in place of the skill point/scrolls

ANet may give it to you.

skill point scrolls

RabbitUp.8294

Why are we assuming the Mystic Forge crafting item is NEW? Isn’t it possible that it’s an existing crafting material?

Players no longer need to clear specific content for specific unlocks as hero points will be replacing skill points in the new profession reward tracks, and excess skill points will be converted into crafting materials. How will this affect players who have already cashed in a bundle of Scrolls of Knowledge?

If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. We will be talking more about how that works and how you acquire that currency in the future.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Players no longer need to clear specific content for specific unlocks as hero points will be replacing skill points in the new profession reward tracks, and excess skill points will be converted into crafting materials. How will this affect players who have already cashed in a bundle of Scrolls of Knowledge?

If you already have Scrolls of Knowledge and a bunch of existing skill points, you will end up with a lot of crafting material that converts into a new currency that will be used in the Mystic Forge. We will be talking more about how that works and how you acquire that currency in the future.

Thanks for this, kindly ignore my previous post.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

“Existing skill points” sounds to me like we may as well use the scrolls now anyway, because any extras points we have well turn into materials.
Or am I reading this wrong?

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

skill point scrolls

Celtic Lady.3729

“Existing skill points” sounds to me like we may as well use the scrolls now anyway, because any extras points we have well turn into materials.
Or am I reading this wrong?

That’s what it looks like to me. It sounds like any scrolls in our vaults will be automatically changed to these new crafting materials.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Actually they’ll change to a wallet currency (per today’s live stream) that will be used to purchase mats. The name of the currency is in flux but will not be “djinngots.”

I still am trying to figure out what happens to people that have full unlocks but not a lot of skill challenges under their belt.

skill point scrolls

Celtic Lady.3729

If someone has full trait unlocks, they ought to automatically have them all after HoT. That’s in my opinion, and it doesn’t seem like it would be very difficult to do.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Actually they’ll change to a wallet currency (per today’s live stream) that will be used to purchase mats. The name of the currency is in flux but will not be “djinngots.”

I still am trying to figure out what happens to people that have full unlocks but not a lot of skill challenges under their belt.

I have several stacks of skill point scrolls…still trying to decide if it’s better to keep them as is or just consume them to save space.

skill point scrolls

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

Regardless, I don’t think eating the scrolls matters all too much right now.

I think anet is competent enough to know that we have thousands of these scrolls out and about so whether you eat them now, or forget to ( or whatever the reason in the future ) they will be converted into your account and will fill up the specialization tracks FIRST and then all the excess if you had enough to become full… are made into crafting materials.

Honestly I do not think they will let many of us lose thousands of scrolls because we 1) legitimately forgot to eat them or 2) just didnt understand and wanted to wait and see

skill point scrolls

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Woooo wait whats going on? I been saving skill scrolls for this very reason.

whats the news ppl?

skill point scrolls

Just a flesh wound.3589

Woooo wait whats going on? I been saving skill scrolls for this very reason.

whats the news ppl?

Not going to be skill point scrolls when the expansion starts. They will be converted to something unknown that will be used only for the mystic forge. They said when you get to level 80, even with tomes, you’ll have enough Hero Points (the new skill points) to get most of what you need and can do Hero Challenges (the old skill point challenges) to get the remainder. There will be a finite number of Hero Points available and can’t get more once you’ve gotten those.

Tomes will only be good below level 80. After that they won’t give exp and can’t be used to train the mastery lines.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)