so......am i getting land spears?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

there was talk of spears on land in the expansion, is this happening? i want to phalanx!

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Sorry but it was stated by the devs that’s not happening in this xpac

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Short answer : no
Long answer : absolutely no
Source : Many interview videos where Colin said no new weapons.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

there was talk of spears on land in the expansion, is this happening? i want to phalanx!

No. Revenant is getting Melee staves.
Role play it as a Polearm.

hopefully another class also gets melee staves as specialization.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

This claim has no proof.

Once people were told there won’t be spears on land they ASSUMED the weapon in the trailer was a melee staff. This hasn’t been mentioned or confirmed by a single developer. Which makes it a FORUM THEORY and those are quite inaccurate

Single swap professions so far didn’t have big pool of weapons to pick from.
I doubt Revenant will be different.

I am more inclined to belive there will be Sword/Dagger because in the very first PoI stream a Sylvari named Pop was using those.

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Knighthonor.4061

This claim has no proof.

Once people were told there won’t be spears on land they ASSUMED the weapon in the trailer was a melee staff. This hasn’t been mentioned or confirmed by a single developer. Which makes it a FORUM THEORY and those are quite inaccurate

Single swap professions so far didn’t have big pool of weapons to pick from.
I doubt Revenant will be different.

I am more inclined to belive there will be Sword/Dagger because in the very first PoI stream a Sylvari named Pop was using those.

Dude whatever. They showed it in the Reveal trailer. Its going to be a melee staff. That wasnt concept art either. It was actual gameplay. Staffs and Spears and Tridents have similar models. But developers have told us already that we not getting sea weapons on land. So its a staff. No other weapon looks like that on land.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Dude whatever. They showed it in the Reveal trailer. Its going to be a melee staff. That wasnt concept art either. It was actual gameplay. Staffs and Spears and Tridents have similar models. But developers have told us already that we not getting sea weapons on land. So its a staff. No other weapon looks like that on land.

I’ll take creative liberties for 100, Alex.
Just because it’s in the trailer doesn’t mean it’s in game or available to players (Rytlock’s pistol is proof of that).

Knighthonor.4061

Just because it’s in the trailer doesn’t mean it’s in game or available to players (Rytlock’s pistol is proof of that).

rytlock using a pistol has nothing to do with a class reveal for an expansion. He used a Staff in the class reveal trailer. Thats much different from just any other lore NPC in a trailer.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

rytlock using a pistol has nothing to do with a class reveal for an expansion. He used a Staff in the class reveal trailer. Thats much different from just any other lore NPC in a trailer.

There was also spears, which is what got people excited in the first place, and again — they were creative liberties. Next you’ll be falsely telling people that they get to turn into mist and one shot four enemies like Rytlock did in the trailer too.

Knighthonor.4061

There was also spears, which is what got people excited in the first place, and again — they were creative liberties. Next you’ll be falsely telling people that they get to turn into mist and one shot four enemies like Rytlock did in the trailer too.

Dude those wasnt spears. They were staffs with pointed skins. The developers explained that they were not Spears. They are staffs. And Rytlock in the Revenant Reveal trailer was showing the world the class for the first time. Vanilla Rytlock was just a lore hero npc. Nothing more.

Like i said, the Reveal trailer was real action, not CG or hand draw concept art or anything like that. But was actual gameplay footage of the new class.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This claim has no proof.

There is likewise no proof that we are not getting water weapons on land, the subject of the thread in the first place. The only thing that has been stated is that no new weapons are being added in the expansion, however by pretty much any interpretation of that statement, harpoon guns, tridents, and spears are in the game and as such are not new weapons.

That said, I think it is incredibly unlikely we are getting spears or any of the other underwater weapons on land, but all the same, no developer has stated we are not so you can hold out hope for now if you want.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

This claim has no proof.

There is likewise no proof that we are not getting water weapons on land, the subject of the thread in the first place. The only thing that has been stated is that no new weapons are being added in the expansion, however by pretty much any interpretation of that statement, harpoon guns, tridents, and spears are in the game and as such are not new weapons.

That said, I think it is incredibly unlikely we are getting spears or any of the other underwater weapons on land, but all the same, no developer has stated we are not so you can hold out hope for now if you want.

Actually in one of the ladr week’s interview Colin directly confirmed no new weps and no water weps ill come to ground. The staff on the reveal trailer was also, by Colin admission in another previous interview, devs having fun/trolling.
Sorry.
Still you are free to hope all you want…hey maybe they are double trolling us, who knows XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This claim has no proof.

Actually in one of the ladr week’s interview Colin directly confirmed no new weps and no water weps ill come to ground. The staff on the reveal trailer was also, by Colin admission in another previous interview, devs having fun/trolling.
Sorry.
Still you are free to hope all you want…hey maybe they are double trolling us, who knows XD

All true, except for he didn’t say it was devs having fun. He said it was the art team. This was during the time when people expected that the trailer showed a land spear. It is a distinct difference because devs may have made an entire encounter with animations just to start speculation. However the art team would only have the capacity to design the skin shown and/or the concept art that has shown a number of spears.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Sorry.

Ah okay, I am far from watching every interview. But people have been citing this as fact since the first post PaX inteview, which has just been untrue, as we had no idea whether ‘new’ included underwater weapons or not. I just don’t like the circlejerk that goes around the forums claiming their assumptions are fact to crush any chance of discussion or creativity. Those types seem to rule these forums more often than not.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

They really should release specializations and more revenant info to stop such misinformation spreading around. Right now we know we can expect something, but don’t really know what.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Dude those wasnt spears. They were staffs with pointed skins. The developers explained that they were not Spears. They are staffs. And Rytlock in the Revenant Reveal trailer was showing the world the class for the first time. Vanilla Rytlock was just a lore hero npc. Nothing more.

Like i said, the Reveal trailer was real action, not CG or hand draw concept art or anything like that. But was actual gameplay footage of the new class.

“Because I said so!” Isn’t a viable source or a reference. This is your spear post all over again. Recently you were claiming the spears were coming using trailer as a reference untill proven wrong. Same thing is happening here.

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

You are getting nothing man. Quit dreaming. You can’ t expect anything special from gw2

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

Well since Revenants are using a Hammer as a ranged weapon (and Mesmers can use Greatswords as ranged weapons) it’s not too farfetched to think Staves could possible be used in melee. Although we’ll just have to wait and see once they reveal all of the weapons it can wield.