stacking black ice bands?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Thelaminator.2971

Thelaminator.2971

I cannot wear 2 black ice bands on the same character, but can i wear 2 Attuned black ice band (infused) on one character?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope. If it’s unique, it’s unique and you can wear only one. It’s just that base, attuned, infused and attuned+infused count as different items.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen have mechanically similar ascended rings with different names, which is why I held my nose and ground through the stupid rubies to get my second vipers…

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You can’t use two identical items which are unique. The idea behind this is to spread people across the maps, and it is working as intended.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

You can’t use two identical items which are unique. The idea behind this is to spread people across the maps, and it is working as intended.

It predates the LS3 maps, and I suspect it is to prevent people simply obtaining infinity copies of the “easiest to obtain” ascended item, but shrug. That would just be the same thing, from the days of yore.

Astralporing.1957

Originally it was to force you to use either a defensive and offensive stat infusion, or to use a versatile one, which cost more (there weren’t any “easiest to obtain” items, as there was only one source for everything). Now that all slots are the same, the reason for unique tag disappeared as well.

Actions, not words.

Valento.9852

Originally it was to force you to use either a defensive and offensive stat infusion, or to use a versatile one, which cost more (there weren’t any “easiest to obtain” items, as there was only one source for everything). Now that all slots are the same, the reason for unique tag disappeared as well.

The purpose has shifted. Now it is to populate all maps if someone wants both rings/accessories.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The purpose has shifted. Now it is to populate all maps if someone wants both rings/accessories.

except when they nerf one into making it insanely grindy. no thanks. id rather raid to get my rings which arent unique (and i dont like pugging that much.)

im bad at sarcasm

Valento.9852

except when they nerf one into making it insanely grindy. no thanks. id rather raid to get my rings which arent unique (and i dont like pugging that much.)

The unique attribute isn’t useless and has a purpose, regardless if it suits your choices or not.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The unique attribute isn’t useless and has a purpose, regardless if it suits your choices or not.

i never said it was useless. but raid rings are not unique. id love to see a explanation why some are and some arent.

im bad at sarcasm

Valento.9852

i never said it was useless. but raid rings are not unique. id love to see a explanation why some are and some arent.

Raid items are walled by difficult content, and also difficulty to find groups and specific gear to cover a substantial margin of failure. Open World maps are gated by grinding only, and thus easier to obtain if you farm enough. In order to distribute farming across maps to increase activity they are made unique.

Trinkets don’t just “happen” to be unique in open world, they are made as such to increase each map’s population. Raid population on the other hand is fine as is.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Astralporing.1957

Raid rings were unique at the beginning. That got changed as soon as raiders started to complain.
At that moment Anet was dead set to make raids a great success, so they immediately acted on such complains. The rest of the players however seem to be less important for them currently, as this case apparently wasn’t even worth enough dev attention to give us some sort of response.

Trinkets don’t just “happen” to be unique in open world, they are made as such to increase each map’s population.

It’s far more likely that they are simply unique because they were unique at the beginning, and because no dev wants to be bothered enough to change it.

Actions, not words.