surprising Game-Engine

surprising Game-Engine

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

Back then, after i played GW2 a while and explored the jumping puzzles i was a bit dissapointed that this game never had some movable Platforms that carries the Character some where (up,down or anywhere else).
But now after i played HoT and right before the last Boss there is this slow spinning “thing” on which you need to get up and fight your way through and it really carries the Character with you while its moving. I really love it, so i spend some minutes on it and just let me spin x).
Also in Tarir there is some kind of Waterslide which will make your character first slide slow and then gets a bit faster if you stay on it, you also can try to move up but get slowy ahead. Spend some minutes there too.
Never thought that this game will have this kind of physicks.

I wish you could do things like that more often in this game, or build JP with real movable Platforms or Waterslides, so that you need the speed of the sliding to cross a cliff.

Also loved the new Cutscenes, so much better then those face-to-face talkings.

So i’m just positive surprised with this.

Just wanted to leave a good comment here.
Maybe we will read some more.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

For the love of god no please, i got sick because of that spiral, i had to have someone else do that mission for me ;-;

Moving platforms wouldnt be bad, those would be fun, but pleassseeee nooooo moreeee spinningggggg

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Please no. I’m inept enough at jumping on to stationary platforms. Moving platforms would provide me with a whole new level of opportunities to fail.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

I’d approve! Oh, and add some spiked walls… hell, moving spiked walls!

It may make for an awsome asuran themed jumping puzzle. Moving, teleporting, bouncing, force field platforms over a lava that materialize and vanish in a certain pattern. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spekks's_Laboratory with a twist!

But, tbh, 3D and/or first person platformer often play clunky at best so it might be the best idea to stay in a static environment. The spinning platform is rather buggy anyway. Put down a combo field on the ground. It doesn’t rotate with the object.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No thanks. I can barely do stationary jumping. Moving platforms are impossible. I’m not interested in content where I’ll have to pay someone to help me over the one time I do it for an achievement and never do again because I can’t access it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Then don’t do it. I hate raids, I will never set foot inside and won’t pay anyone to let me tag along just for an achievement. But… let’s not derail the thread. Sorry, Chris. :/

I’m still all for “impossible” JPs with physics involved. Could be great fun.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I personally thought that was amazing too… and overall them aps were super fun to explore and really beautiful.

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I was kinda surprised with this spinning platform towards the end of the game. I played a lot of console/arcade games like God of War etc. and while on the platform, you moved with it. Here I had to constantly correct the camera which was annoying, your player character remained relative to the rest of the area. I think it’s the game engine which can’t handle this.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

surprising Game-Engine

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Super good stuff. Please add more!.

In not optional content, make it like jumping mushrooms and teleporters, so there is always a slower way to do it, without physics, for people wich can’t do platforms. In optional content, like JPs, go all the way!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks