too late to pre order for the beta?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Assassin.5208

Assassin.5208

if i was to pre order HoT now would i still get invited to the upcoming beta?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I assume as long as you buy/register before the weekend, you’ll get to participate. You’ll get the beta slot right away, anyway, so why not?

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I assume as long as you buy/register before the weekend, you’ll get to participate. You’ll get the beta slot right away, anyway, so why not?

Buying during the event should work too, as the account is automatically flagged for access.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

All the other unlocks are instant. I pre-purchased in-game and got most of the items right away. I had to log out and back in for the character slot and beta slot to appear but I did that straight after buying it and they were there as soon as I logged in.

I assume beta access is the same – as soon as you apply the code to your account and get the beta slot you’ll have beta access.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Buying during the event should work too, as the account is automatically flagged for access.

I’ve seen people stating it took a while for their slots/title/fluff to show up ingame, so better safe than sorry (and miss the weekend), I suppose.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It took 24 hours for my order to process before I got my keys (probably because of how much I spent). However, yes, after I entered the keys on my accounts, everything was delivered instantly.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

if i was to pre order HoT now would i still get invited to the upcoming beta?

I did the prepurchase through the ingame store, and my account was updated within a couple hours. I think there’s a red post stating give it up to 4 hours. Going through a webpage might take longer, because I think you have to wait to get a key to update your account. Ingame store does it automatically for you. (In fact, if you can log into the game on the account you are upgrading, I’m unsure of any benefit to purchasing through a webpage.)

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Buying through webpage took me 5 min to get the Code and upgrade. Upgrade was still insteant Restarted and got the Betaslot.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Buying through webpage took me 5 min to get the Code and upgrade. Upgrade was still insteant Restarted and got the Betaslot.

I believe it can take up to 4 hours if done using the in-game interface. Someone also mentioned it having taken 24 hours for purchase to clear so it may depend on various things like the payment method being used and/or the total amount your purchases add up to (the two last points probably can have an impact regardless of where the purchase was made).

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I pre-ordered to get into the beta, and I can confirm upon linking my account with the HoT code, I received a beta character slot on my account, so as long as you complete the purchase before the beta, you should get a beta character slot

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Got it all pretty much instantly/5min or something. But then again, as others have said took them longer.

So you will never know, you might get some weird bug and not get anything at all. So if you really want to be part of the beta, and going to pre order anyway. Why wait?