was farming portal stones a waste?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

ive heard this all night after seeing the data mine , showing text as follows

“Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is now available for prepurchase. Buy now to receive the Maguuma Trailblazer exclusive title and access to all beta weekend events.”
ths is taken right from gw2 data…..

so now everyone saying that the portal drop thing wa justa gimick or wast eof time ,people saying ohh i can just preorder, but in my mind this is events that will follow

this weekend or next will be a beta for the portal stones, after which the gem store will start having the preorders for hot. so pople need not to think that portals where a waste even if preorders get in the portal beta is tons of farmign " which most of you already did adn still would of doena waste"
nope look at all the mats and so on you had , and the fun times

so what does everyone think this weekend portal beta fri-monday and tuesday they accounce release date or do you think the preorders wil be in the portal beta event?

Posted by: GaryC.4897

GaryC.4897

It is funny since Anet has not announced any pre purchase or release date as of yet. Heck they haven’t even announced when the beta is that the portals are used for. I would not believe then unless you see it on the Anet website, and trust me when it is announced you will know.

(edited by GaryC.4897)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Data mining doesn’t mean it is NOW. That will happen sometime in the future. I am sure you will get your exclusive beta event.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The portal was for the upcoming closed beta event. The preorder, when it arrives, will be for the beta events after that, probably the open betas if it’s like the game’s original preorder.

You’ll get your closed beta.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The portal was for the upcoming closed beta event. The preorder, when it arrives, will be for the beta events after that, probably the open betas if it’s like the game’s original preorder.

Open betas are, by their nature, open. No need for anything to guarantee a place in one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

In a manner of speaking . . . yes. Eventually, all players will be able to get into the beta. Whether it’s open or closed by pre-purchase or not. That said, it always seemed silly to me to farm an item to beta test a game.

You want me to beta test your game? Invite me, and I will. I’m not farming to have the chance to beta test anything. That seemed incredibly arrogant to me. Since when is beta testing anything, to find bugs and flaws in any expansion, a reward?

But, as always, that’s just my humble opinion.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Looking at history there are different parts of the beta.

There is the closed beta. The ones that the portal gave access to.
Then there is the Beta Weekend Event. The ones that prepurchase give access to.

This was done before release as well.
I prepurchased as soon as it was possible, and yet I did not get access to all the closed beta tests.

It is also worth pointing out doesn’t necessarily mean that it will happen right now (or at all in some cases). Until it is officially announced it is not a thing.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

I booked a week and a half off work spending like 5 hours a day grinding and didn’t get 1... My friend joined me for company for 3 days and he got a stack of 4... At least I got a precursor I guess but I do hope the pre purchase gives me access because I need to try the revenant. It’s getting annoying that I never get into guild wars beta’s xD

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

You’ll get your closed beta.

Exactly this.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I expect the next beta will be before the pre-purchase, but I could be wrong. Either way, if you got a portal you get in the next beta whether you pre-purchase or not, so it can still be useful.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

Putting countless hours into getting a portal was certainly a waste for me as I did not get one. I would welcome a non RNG method of getting access.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Data mining doesn’t mean it is NOW. That will happen sometime in the future. I am sure you will get your exclusive beta event.

And datamined stuff is not always a guaranteed thing. There’s been several things that_shaman found that have not ever been used (like some of the dialog).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

And datamined stuff is not always a guaranteed thing. There’s been several things that_shaman found that have not ever been used (like some of the dialog).

yea… also quite a few weapon models he found didnt get released at all so far…i REALLY hope thats not the case for the whip sword from yesterday´s patch…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Paper Bag helms? Aww…I would have really liked those.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

That chain whip sword looks cool as hell.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

gw2 was available for prepurchase prior 5mths, might be the same for expansion? or maybe prior 3 mths?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I did not consider it a waste and I did not get one. Sure, I would have loved to get one as an added bonus but I would have been in the SW anyway. It was great that it was constantly busy for once.

If my entire goal was the portal I would have done what ppl were saying and hung out at DT where the chances are better. Instead I went where I could enjoy things more.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I’m not sure i even want any beta access. I mean having whole pve spoiled for me is pretty much a buzzkill.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

yea… also quite a few weapon models he found didnt get released at all so far…i REALLY hope thats not the case for the whip sword from yesterday´s patch…

Pretty sure that’ll be released. Look at his links to gemstore images (specifically #2). Pretty sure everything that’s had a gemstore image has actually been released. ( I still need to look at that chat code for the chain sword so I can see what it looks like ingame)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Bwembo.8531

Bwembo.8531

I kind of liked the way the next beta invites were given by way of a random portal this time. Although there are too many complainers no matter how closed beta invites come, at least this way no one can say they got skipped over and they had seniority or something. I was fortunate on one of the final days to get a portal drop but would not have minded if I did not get one either. As much as I would like to play new content, it is still beta but I will be happy to have a look at what they want to show us this time. For those that did not get one all I can say is when you do get to play the HOT beta, it will likely have more content than this one as more stuff content will be ready. Try to keep it positive guys. I like the game and those I randomly group with in-game. Everyone is so friendly that it is strange seeing so many comments with the “all about me” theme. I will try to take some screen shots for everyone. Hoping to try some new mesmer power out on new bad guys.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

In a manner of speaking . . . yes. Eventually, all players will be able to get into the beta. Whether it’s open or closed by pre-purchase or not. That said, it always seemed silly to me to farm an item to beta test a game.

You want me to beta test your game? Invite me, and I will. I’m not farming to have the chance to beta test anything. That seemed incredibly arrogant to me. Since when is beta testing anything, to find bugs and flaws in any expansion, a reward?

Game companies generally don’t invite people for betas, unless you are member of the press or something.

You subscribe, and wait to be picked. The same applies here, only, as an added option, you can increase your chances by farming for a portal.

How Anet giving you more options is a reason to complain is beyond me.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Pretty sure that’ll be released. Look at his links to gemstore images (specifically #2). Pretty sure everything that’s had a gemstore image has actually been released. ( I still need to look at that chat code for the chain sword so I can see what it looks like ingame)

Ah yea thx… saw it, they already got the artwork done. Man that thing is soooo gonna be mine once they release it. I love when they get this crazy with skins

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Is this a trick question? Of course it was a waste of time to farm for them.
If you mean whether or not there will be a closed beta, there will be, rest assured.

Posted by: Marko.1895

Marko.1895

On a scale of 1 to diamond…(puts on sunglasses)…I guess it was a Silverwaste
(YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH)

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

There will be betas before and after preorder.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

On a scale of 1 to diamond…(puts on sunglasses)…I guess it was a Silverwaste
(YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH)

Ho ho ho, ha ha ha. A good one.

There will be betas before and after preorder.

There will be a beta after release even.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Yes, it was—but for reasons unrelated to the datamined information.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I booked a week and a half off work spending like 5 hours a day grinding and didn’t get 1… My friend joined me for company for 3 days and he got a stack of 4… At least I got a precursor I guess but I do hope the pre purchase gives me access because I need to try the revenant. It’s getting annoying that I never get into guild wars beta’s xD

What do you mean AT LEAST?!? I’d have taken the precursor over the beta any day! seriously, and you’re complaining?! I’ve been playing since beta GW2, and have never gotten one.

Wow….

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Exactly beta testing is meant for that purpose to help developers polish that stage of development. It seems like a lot of players don’t understand the main purpose of a beta test from what I can read on this forum and anet does wrong in hyping these group of desperate players. Why on earth would you grind hours and hours for a beta entry? Why can’t these players just wait for the final product, they are just going to be getting unfinished spoilers then what’s the point and they will probably complain on forums why the content they were expecting isn’t high quality and create a whole bunch of misleading information. Just leave that role to real beta testers.

(edited by tico.9814)