what do u prefer?

what do u prefer?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: arakkune.1429

arakkune.1429

Do u prefer open world instances we are likely to get or the instanced dungeons as a group playing method? Why do u prefer it?
Personally i like the open world boss fights but i feel like dungeons have the advantage of a smaller coordination playing and unlike world bosses i dont get tears/fps spikes in dungeons
Share ur opinion

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d prefer scaling, hot-joinable instanced ‘episodes’ that are broader in scope than typical dungeons, but of the two options presented, open-world instances.

Traditional, pre-formed group content can go die in a fire.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

what do u prefer?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i like to see open world instances don’t without any loading screen, a dome that only a “quest” owner can see and join.

among the reasons why i can’t stand dungeons is the force group part, if i want to play solo i should be able to. (and no, i am not talking about the current way, that’s the same thing as solo build in GW1)

what do u prefer?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Instanced content all the way, that way it can be balanced and exciting for everyone that attempts it. Challenging and exciting content cannot be in the Open World since it cannot challenge every single player. Some can just afk and sleep through the open world without any disadvantage.

A “Hybrid” type of content that splits the player base in several smaller groups (5-man teams or even less) is another good option that combines the benefits of open world and instanced content. Like the marionette.

what do u prefer?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Instanced all the way. They can keep the open world bosses ofc. but please: make instanced raid content: 10, 20, 50-man or whatever for guilds. Difficulty shouldn’t be too hard, something in the line of Tequatl and Wurm with – and here it comes – UNIQUE REWARDS. I talk about a whole set of new exclusive rewards tied to that instance, special drops from the bosses only this boss can drop.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I like both of them really, hybrids would be nice but so many people in this game refuse to learn what to do and or not listen to those who do. Wasnt around for the Marionette so i cant speak for that.

I do however want more dungeons, after coming from GW1 where the dungeons where a challenge(Sorry, i didnt run the meta so i have no idea how easy they could be if it made a difference) To the ones in GW2…its depressing..also they where much much better designed i think.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

what do u prefer?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

GW1 dungeons were a walk in the park as well. Like in every game if you run meta. It’s the same everywhere.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

GW1 dungeons were a walk in the park as well. Like in every game if you run meta. It’s the same everywhere.

That is what i was thinking, have no idea though, i ran builds i found fun sometimes they worked others they didnt, but that was all part of the fun for me. Except for VS farming where i did run a meta build.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Open world. So far, the dungeons have been nothing but a disaster. Sadly, the zerg tends to be more forgiving with mistakes and general ignorance of certain encounters than a five-man group.

When it’s more effective for me to solo a dungeon than to group through it, there’s an issue.

Gone to Reddit.

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I prefer big events like the VW event in SW,it does have some kind of coordination and I can join everytime I want,and If I have to leave I’m not hurting anyone

what do u prefer?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’d pick dungeons if there was a random join queue. I hate having to play meta to really be wanted in a dungeon. So open world lag fests it is for me at the moment

what do u prefer?

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

1. ultra hard mode versions of instanced dungeons (new or current) with unique rewards

2. instanced dungeons for 5+ (10, 15, 20, …) which require great deal of splitting and coordinating

3. pretty much anything that I wont get because it’s against ANet policy = even the greatest noob can complete it … or it’s RNG and ofc doesn’t require any skill

or you know what I will be humble – anything that require more then 1111111111 …

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade