whats the best elite mastery skill line

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

wondering wich mastery line I should lvl fdirst I got 2 in glider but whast is the best line to level first

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

It’s really up to you. Have you completed the story yet? If not I’m pretty sure you’ll want to go updraft mastery → Bouncing Mushrooms → Exalted Acceptance → Nuhoch Wallows. At this point I went 3/5 gliding then I went for poison lore so I could finish out exploration. Then after that I finished out gliding. After you complete the main story it’s really up to you.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Gliding is by far the most ‘fun’ line to complete, but you do need to get the basics in the other lines for full map access. Certain collections also require filling out the other lines, but nothing beats Advanced Gliding for your full gliding pleasure. Ley Line gliding is also really helpful for the last battle in the Dragon Stand meta. (Doing the Dragon Stand meta is also really helpful for farming large amounts of experience and be sure to have an experience booster handy to pop before opening the final map reward chest when you kill the dragon.)

(edited by Elric Of Melnibone.4781)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If you want to complete the story, you need to level in that order as said above, yes.

Overall. I think gliding mastery is the best one to max when you feel done, because you can glide everywhere in Tyria now.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

be sure to have an experience booster handy to pop before opening the final map reward chest when you kill the dragon.

Is that how it works? We only need the xp booster before opening the chest? I had assumed we needed it before killing the dragon, just like you have to have it on before you kill any other critter.

winterlove.6834

and thios is done for the XP right?

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

As others said already, for story, the basic gliding mastery and bouncing mushrooms are a must.

The best mastery IMO is the autoloot mastery. You don’t need to run around and collect loot, it will be collected automatically.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Advanced gliding is I think the absolute best, because you can use it all over. I save so much time in so many maps by being able to skip some mobs, or just not having to take some long path from a high place to a lower one.

Bouncing shrooms, and wallows are great for traversing maps, and exalted marks are needed in AB. If you play DS a lot, poison lore is helpful, as there are a number of poisoned areas there.

In Central Tyria lines, I have found getting to the point of rezzing people faster has turned out to be really good, because being able to get allies up quickly has really helped save the day for me in both open world events and in some fractals, or even LS chapters.

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

As others said already, for story, the basic gliding mastery and bouncing mushrooms are a must.

The best mastery IMO is the autoloot mastery. You don’t need to run around and collect loot, it will be collected automatically.

That sounds good to me, but do you risk getting encumbered? I deliberately haven’t unlocked this last on yet, because of that concern. :P

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I am having a hard time deciding between legnedary crafting and fractal mastery.

I have never done a fractal, but am considering trying, and for legends, I still haven’t earned one (I mostly pvp).

I have always wanted a legendary, but would crafting make it more accessible. (keep in mind, I have never had over 300 gold, as I always end up spending on things that interest me for cheaper) I could never save the money for a precursor. Is it satisfying and cheaper to craft?

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

be sure to have an experience booster handy to pop before opening the final map reward chest when you kill the dragon.

Is that how it works? We only need the xp booster before opening the chest? I had assumed we needed it before killing the dragon, just like you have to have it on before you kill any other critter.

There are different flavors of XP booster, the best one boosts all experience including kill streak bonuses which is REALLY powerful doing all the killing up to the final battle, but the final battle itself is sadly lacking in any XP and your booster probably will run out by then. So the net is keep the kill streak booster up until you get to the three Blighting towers and then don’t bother with boosters until Mordremoth is dead and the rewards chest is waiting to be opened. That one chest is like 150K (or more, don’t remember) so you want to boost before opening it to get max bonus.

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I am having a hard time deciding between legnedary crafting and fractal mastery.

I have never done a fractal, but am considering trying, and for legends, I still haven’t earned one (I mostly pvp).

I have always wanted a legendary, but would crafting make it more accessible. (keep in mind, I have never had over 300 gold, as I always end up spending on things that interest me for cheaper) I could never save the money for a precursor. Is it satisfying and cheaper to craft?

The fractal mastery is underwhelming. You get some extra loot, access to an area with a special vendor, and a buff while in the fractal. If you frack a lot then it’s worth it.

Nothing about Legendaries are cheap. Just getting your crafting levels up is VERY expensive as are almost all the parts of the Legendary, BUT now that you don’t have to save up to buy the precursor you can plink away at it over time and get some satisfaction while you make progress.

I crafted both an old and new Legendary and went pretty much completely bankrupt, but I love my Nevermore and the journey to get it was pretty cool. The precursor is Ascended also so you can use it while you get all the other ingredients. The journey will take you all over the game and fortunately if you don’t like PvP or WvW you can buy those tokens on the Trading Post pretty cheap.

The big/bad surprise is the 2K plus orbs you will need for the new Legendary weapons. They are not easy to get, but also not impossible. Unfortunately it is RNG based so getting some gathering boosters from your guild helps a bit. You will need to do a LOT more PvE however as PvP just doesn’t fill your pockets with drops like farming Orian or Silverwastes events. A fair amount of map currency in HoT maps is required as well so you will need to spend some time doing those events.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Thank a lot for your advice. I think I’ll go for the legend crafting. My issue is I can never save much money, so having something I can spend on little by little would make it more achievable. I will have to level crafting, which is such a bore, and with how easy it used to be, I used to level characters with crafting, but I deleted them and now I’m stuck at 200 weaponsmithing.

I have still never had an ascended weapon, so even getting that would be a huge benefit. Looking forward to it, now I just need to not fall asleep while I push up to 500 weaponsmithing.

winterlove.6834

ok one other thing if ima farm events wich map has the best or most usefull stuff VB or AB. also is any map better then the other for evbent farming to get masteries

(edited by winterlove.6834)

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

That sounds good to me, but do you risk getting encumbered? I deliberately haven’t unlocked this last on yet, because of that concern. :P

You mean with loot? Well, not really. I salvage loot when I don’t fight, so I’m good. Let’s say that you farm SW, where IMO you get the biggest number of loot per hour. If you have 5 20-slot bags, you’ll need quite a long time for it to be full only from autollot. Of course, when you start opening bags and chests, the situation is different but that’s something different from autoloot.

So no, I can’t remember, when I’ve been encumbered with loot. Maybe it was because I salvage continuously while playing. Still, it’s convenient a lot. Go for it

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: MasterJediSoda.5926

MasterJediSoda.5926

If your inventory is full, you’ll get a message saying so, and it won’t autoloot the items. It doesn’t encumber you, and you can still loot the items you didn’t have space for as you would without the mastery.

Main: Mithren Lunalit, Mesmer
Member of Legion of Honour [XIII]
http://operationunion.enjin.com/

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

ok one other thing if ima farm events wich map has the best or most usefull stuff VB or AB. also is any map better then the other for evbent farming to get masteries

For crafting the new legendary weapons you need map currency/materials from VB, AB, and TD so you’re going to need to do all three. VB is EASY to get what you need, AB is the most painful due to megaserver issues. You can only open the AB chests IF you get on a map that is doing the meta where as TD chests are always available and you don’t need to do the meta, but it does yield much more map currency than regular events.

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Thank a lot for your advice. I think I’ll go for the legend crafting. My issue is I can never save much money, so having something I can spend on little by little would make it more achievable. I will have to level crafting, which is such a bore, and with how easy it used to be, I used to level characters with crafting, but I deleted them and now I’m stuck at 200 weaponsmithing.

I have still never had an ascended weapon, so even getting that would be a huge benefit. Looking forward to it, now I just need to not fall asleep while I push up to 500 weaponsmithing.

Don’t forget to get crafting boosters and I would advise following a craft leveling guide. You will want all the materials you will need on hand so you can just ‘burst’ craft all at once to get the most out of the crafting booster’s limited duration. Also, check the wiki for the full materials list for whatever Legendary you are going for to make sure you have the correct professions leveled and conversely don’t waste time/money leveling something you will not need.

Once you level up to 500, you can use that skill to make money doing the time gated crafting and selling for profit IF you won’t ultimately need that material for your precursor. Crafting everything yourself is cheaper than buying it off the TP but be prepared for some ridiculously absurd material amounts for the precursors. The scavenger hunt part can be fun however with only a few exceptions caused by bugged events.