where is the rest of the expension?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Grinding is definitely defined by doing the same content over and over, not the same FOUR ZONES over and over. That’s ridiculous. You can level masteries in any of the four zones in hot. YOu can level them by grinding mobs, which some people did, by dynamic events, by adventures, by raiding.

So yeah, not a grind by your definition.

I get it. You don’t like the game so it’s not worth it to you. There are easily a couple of dozen posters who REALLY don’t like the game and post everywhere.

But you know,. if the game has half a million people playing it,. that’s not such a big percentage. It is, however a very LOUD percentage.

Also, there are different depths of dislike. To you HoT is the end of the world. However, you’ve already ragequit the game twice before HoT if I recall correctly.

Now you’re saying HoT is the evil bad thing but before you said other things were the evil bad thing.

It’s entirely possible you just don’t like the game.

okay, you just entered HoT. Tell me how are you able to a) leave the first map b) level masteries by raiding? You’re stuck there either doing dynamic events or grinding mobs for the most part.
HoT is not an evil bad thing. It’s just that it’s not perfect and we can all see that. And HoT being as it is, a lot of people are disappointed. And they have the right to be here and be upset. They have the right to be vocal if they so wish to.

You enter HoT. You’ve done the story presumably. Now you have event chains, you have gathering, you have adventures. All those things are something you can do.

If you follow a single event chain, you’ve leveled gliding. If you follow a different event chain, you level mushroom jumping. You can do two more of your stories. By the time you’re done with that, just through killing and event chains, which is basic to the game, you have yout third mastery done.

Event chains are only available if you happen to play at the right time. All of the maps have periods of dead time.

When you start a new character in Guild Wars 2, you have to get to level 10 before you can access your story at all. The way to do that? Events and hearts, killing. That’s what you get.

Not a clock anywhere in sight. Incomparable.

If you follow the very first event chain from the very first way point, you get to an unlocked adventure you can do without requiring a single mastery. The experience you get from that alone is huge.

Sure. If you log in at xx:30 where only either odd or even values of xx apply, depending on your time zone. Don’t bother if you enter the zone for the first time 20 minutes late, after the Itzel and Sylvari event chains have been completed. That leaves you 55 minutes until night.

By the time you’ve leveled the first three masteries, which is a few hours, you have access to far more stuff, including the raid. So I really don’t know what you’re talking about.

A few hours of having access to significant content. Such a shame that isn’t readily available. Luckily, ANet realizes this even if some of their more staunch supporters don’t.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

time spent in a game doesnt = time enjoyed of the game nor actual content’s worth though , for example i could buy ninja gaiden and try it on hard dificulty right out the bat and stay stuck in the tutorial with 500 hours , that doesnt mean i enjoyed 500 hours worth of content

this game is nothing but a huge timegate in its current state anyway

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Wow, that is crazy that they are only releasing one raid for the entire expansion! And people are fine with 12 raid bosses and nothing more for an expansion?

There is no way that I can support a developer with such poor content. I guess it really is the end of GW2 for me.

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

“After 11,000 hours in this game”

Hahahahahahahahaha ok bud

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I play casually…like 2-3h/day…maybe more in the weekend. I finished what i consider 90% of what HoT has to offer.

Almost all achievements, got to 161 (no spiderfarm), raids are too elitist for me to have fun in..maybe will do a run sometime later. I also finished all adventures except 1-2 golds (like the floor is lava or something, and shooting range). I fully finished the story and all it’s achievements except the part where u have to not be hit by the dude at the end while flying…because anet decided u need to redo hours of questline just to get to that point, and they also thought it would be fun.

Have all masteries, all weapons except 2 i think for all classes. Finished maps with multiple characters. I skipped legendaries because i can’t work for something that looks worst or at the same level as black lion skins i am sorry.

WvW…..i played 1-2 days to see what’s up with the new maps (and i add here i loved wvw and played it almost exclusively up until i got bored at most 1y ago). I won’t comment on the new maps because i feel like someone actually tried his best to do something cool…i don’t want to insult him more then the map itself does.

So…yea i did all this……..

……………………………….in the first month. MAYBE 2 weeks into the second month.

Since then i just do dailies and log off..just like i did before the expansion.

I don’t see how ppl can’t finish “most” of hot has to offer in more then 1 month. Some players just don’t know how to be efficient i guess. I can’t play inefficient just to lie to myself i am having a great time. Or do you expect me to farm 100 meta events for Tarir and come here and pretend i am having fun? Like most people i see do nowadays.

This expansion is a wreck. Each time i see someone take up his white mantle to say “oh there’s tons of stuff to do!” it just makes me puke. It’s at best an overglorified, not to mention overpriced, DLC.

Whatever they might release after this, i personally will not buy. It is the last product i buy for this mmo.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I wonder what we actually paid for, seeing as we didn’t get much content – be it skins(no glider skins other than the default one, few legendaries and other weapon skins (and some are just either color swaps or modifications of others rather than new ones) or things to do (4 maps and a short personals story, the first raid wing wasn’t even available at the launch) and most of it will supposedly come later on (other raid wings, living story, all the other legendaries).
The only thing that gets regularly updated…is the gem store. We already got something like 13 glider skins, and those are the only one available in game beside the default one (as the legendary PvP one isn’t yet available). Makes me wonder why they didn’t make any available for the paid expansion they’ve released if they’re so easy and fast to produce given they had a lot of time to do that (and seeing how we suffered a content drought for the most part of the last year and we didn’t get many skins either, i would guess they had quite enough time if they wanted to). Obviously the answer is that it was a deliberate choice to earn more revenue at the detriment of people that paid for the expansion.

Essentially, it seems like we’re getting all the disadvantages and cash-ins of a free to play game, while still having paid an expansion for it. And i can’t understand how people can be pleased with that.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

The rest of it is in the gem store, get your wallet out and on that note look new golden wings!

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

The rest of it is in the gem store, get your wallet out and on that note look new golden wings!

^^ This

Avarice.2791

What do you guys expect from a non-subscription game? This game delivers more content than WoW without the $15 a month. You pay 20 dollars more for an expansion and according to Rebound he put 2-3 hours a day for over a month with more time on the weekends. I’m going to guess you’re low balling it and you put in about 150-200 hours until you were satisfied with where you were at. Is that not worth 60 dollars? I’m confused… What’s this magical game you guys are comparing this to? You see this randomized hate on every video game thread. Emphasis on randomized. The average person probably has around 700-1200 hours played. Is this not worth 120 bucks? Is that a joke? How many mmos survive this long? Let’s look at elder scrolls or kotor. Ish. Go even further and compare this to any other game. I think besides the non-mmo elder scrolls, the most I’ve put into a video game is around 100 hours until the fresh content runs dry.

How about, instead of blindly insulting what you don’t understand, you turn this into a constructive post on what you’d like to see. I mean it appears the OP put 11k hours into this game. I’m going to have to assume he’s talking GW1 as well because that is an absurd amount of time over something like 1200 days. OF COURSE IF YOU PLAY TEN
HOURS A DAY YOULL FIND YOURSELF BECOMING BORED? Duh??

“I wonder what we paid for”

Well bud, you probably paid for about 200 hours of fresh content. Be grateful they are continuing the fresh content. The gem store drives this game by those who are willing to whip out their wallets. Why don’t you join a game development team and work for free? No? Okay…

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

This game delivers more content than WoW without the $15 a month

this made me laugh. When was the last time WoW delivered an expansion with a single (not finished) raid, that only has a single difficulty and no dungeons, not to mention only 4 maps?

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

It’s on the cutting room floor….

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Avarice.2791

this made me laugh. When was the last time WoW delivered an expansion with a single (not finished) raid, that only has a single difficulty and no dungeons, not to mention only 4 maps?

Oh sorry? Should I mention how HFC has and will be the top-tier raid for well over a year until Legion drops…? Go rationalize paying over $200 dollars for that. Happy with the garrison missions? All that “WoD content?” They can obviously afford a larger Dev team but that game has dropped well below 5 million subscribers. You’re taking what I’m saying out of context though. What do you expect from a $60 game? Go compare WoD in its first five months to this. At least you’re not being overcharged…

I really don’t care to argue though, I’m just wondering what everyone expects. All I can say is I wish they implemented in a few more dungeons. Besides that I am an extremely happy customer. I think the new mastery system implements a fresh and rewarding system that differs from the typical leveling grind. I enjoy it a lot, and realize it’s a grind, but it’s not enough for me to totally condemn this game.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

OP never post your hours played when trying to make a point regardless of what it is, as you can see it’s all people will focus on lol.

On topic: It’s not that surprising that a lot of HoT feels rushed because it was; they developed it within 10 months leaving the base game bone dry of content the entire time. Speaking of the base game it’s like people have forgotten how buggy it was on launch just like every MMO (some of those bugs still exist like Orr events and skills like Rush) and they spent 6 years making GW2.

The problem as I see it is a lack of solid QA during development, but mainly a lack of continued QA after release.

Avarice.2791

To be fair, the amount of hours played will have a pretty drastic effect on how enjoyable any game. I sort of assume the OP meant 1100 rather than 11000.

Out of curiousity KingClash, besides bugs, or lack of information from the player-base, what problems do you see with this game? Regarding HoT and such. With this and the upcoming free DLC’s, do you think you got your money’s worth?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

theres nothing to do in the new areas,
there are no new legendary weapons apart from those ugly 3
there is no new legendary armor just half of on achivment
there are no new raids apart from the 1st one
old good and playble WVW map were removed and been replaces with something “too big to be in the expension?”
and everything they said about the story was basicly a lie
my doesnt my revenant have conversations with their legends like they pomised.
it took them 2 years to make 50% of an expension and sell it to us while saying “its complete”
and they are even working on a new 1? while the 1st 1 isnt ready alot of people were raging at the price of the expension and there was a really good reason to.
gw2 will end up like gw1…..dead and forgotten.
after about 11,000 hours in Anet’s game. my money seems to be more important then my satesfaction for them….

In essence, your message is:
Expansion took too long and does not have things that I personally like.
My response:
Suggest what you would like the expansion to have, instead of giving no ideas or suggestions.

Your message:
GW1 dead and forgotten.
My response:
People that are currently playing GW1 disagree with your statement. Veterans of GW1, would also say the game is not forgotten. The 500+ page Cantha thread of players, also disagree with your assessment that GW1 is forgotten.

(edited by reapex.8546)

Mirta.5029

Oh sorry? Should I mention how HFC has and will be the top-tier raid for well over a year until Legion drops…? Go rationalize paying over $200 dollars for that. Happy with the garrison missions? All that “WoD content?” They can obviously afford a larger Dev team but that game has dropped well below 5 million subscribers. You’re taking what I’m saying out of context though. What do you expect from a $60 game? Go compare WoD in its first five months to this. At least you’re not being overcharged…

and we’ll be stuck with this raid, once it’s fully released, until the next expansion pack, so what’s your point?
And I didn’t take anything out of context. If you want to state that GW2 provides more content than WoW, then prove it.
Money wise, sure you spend less, but no need for lying to make GW2 look better.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

When was the last time you only paid a little over a hundred bucks to play WoW? At $15 a month, you wouldn’t have even gotten 9 months out of WoW from release for the same price Core GW2 + HoT cost. If you’re a late adoptor, you got an even BETTER deal than that.

You might want to ignore the real money costs to strengthen your position about how bad some elements of GW2 are but the fact remains that for the content we get with the money we paid to get it, GW2 has massive value compared to many other mainstream MMO’s.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Mirta.5029

When was the last time you only paid a little over a hundred bucks to play WoW? You might want to ignore the real money costs to strengthen your position about how bad some elements of GW2 are but the fact remains that for the content we get with the money we paid to get it, GW2 has massive value compared to many other mainstream MMO’s.

if you’re going to be super active, all you want to pay is the price for the game + the newest expansion. Subscription can be bought for gold now directly from Battlenet. So technically, the last time could have been when sub for gold started.

That being said “GW2 has more content than WoW” is objectively incorrect. It has nothing to do with cost. Or am I satisfied or unsatisfied with GW2, or do I or do I not play WoW. It’s a very silly statement to start your comment with. And that was my point.

Mirta.5029

When was the last time you only paid a little over a hundred bucks to play WoW? You might want to ignore the real money costs to strengthen your position about how bad some elements of GW2 are but the fact remains that for the content we get with the money we paid to get it, GW2 has massive value compared to many other mainstream MMO’s.

if you’re going to be super active, all you want to pay is the price for the game + the newest expansion. Subscription can be bought for gold now directly from Battlenet. So technically, the last time could have been when sub for gold started.

My original question stands … how much could you have accessed and played WoW for the same price we got HoT+GW2 core for?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18141101/introducing-the-wow-token-3-2-2015

that was exactly a year ago. Currently expansion and base WoW is 40$. So I’m left with 60. Sub is 13$. So that’s aprox 6 extra months before the token got introduced, so 1.5 years + future?

Obtena.7952

That being said “GW2 has more content than WoW” is objectively incorrect. It has nothing to do with cost. Or am I satisfied or unsatisfied with GW2, or do I or do I not play WoW. It’s a very silly statement to start your comment with. And that was my point.

I didn’t say GW2 has more content than WoW. I don’t know where you’re coming up with that. You didn’t answer my original question but that’s OK, it’s rhetorical anyways and I shouldn’t be so cryptic with some people. It does seem you aren’t able to differentiate between Cost and Value, so I will try to educate you.

Cost is part of the equation to evaluate if some gets value from a product or a service. The point the poster is trying to make, which I agree with, is that GW2 gives great value considering the content you get for the price you pay.

My original question stands … how much could you have accessed and played WoW for the same price we got HoT+GW2 core for?

that was exactly a year ago. Currently expansion and base WoW is 40$. So I’m left with 60. Sub is 13$. So that’s aprox 6 extra months before the token got introduced, so 1.5 years + future?

That’s a nice cherrypicked value but I suppose I wasn’t clear though I don’t think it was unreasonable to expect relevant comparisons to similar timeframes between the two games. Still, let’s try again … What about when it first came out or when it wasn’t a decade old? Let’s pick a RELEVANT timeframe to compare WoW’s cost to GW2 … let’s say a little after WoW’s first expansion? I haven’t played WoW, but I bet the cost breakdown is something similar to this:

1. Cost for original game at release: about $50
2. Monthly sub for $15 × 12 months = $170ish
3. Assume first expansion after … 12 months? costs about $40?
4. a few more months at $15 to play expansion (let’s say 4 months?) = $60

You can correct my numbers if you want … I suspect I was generous but even still … that’s over $300, and that’s my educated guess for the least amount you had to spend for about 16 months of access to WoW. Let me do the same for 3+ years of GW2.

1. Initial game spend: $60
2. HoT spend: $60

The whole point that the poster had related to the costs was a pretty simple and valid argument if you ask me; if you’re expecting WoW content quantity and quality (when it was at it’s first expansion, not a decade later mind you) for an independent studio price with no monthly sub, you’re just unrealistic and unreasonable.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Mirta.5029

I didn’t say GW2 has more content than WoW. I don’t know where you’re coming up with that. You didn’t answer my original question but that’s OK, it’s rhetorical anyways and I shouldn’t be so cryptic with some people. It does seem you aren’t able to differentiate between Cost and Value, so I will try to educate you.

Cost is part of the equation to evaluate if some gets value from a product or a service. The point the poster is trying to make, which I agree with, is that GW2 gives great value considering the content you get for the price you pay.

That’s a nice cherrypicked value but I suppose I wasn’t clear though I don’t think it was unreasonable to expect relevant comparisons to similar timeframes between the two games. Still, let’s try again … What about when it first came out or when it wasn’t a decade old? Let’s pick a RELEVANT timeframe to compare WoW’s cost to GW2 … let’s say a little after WoW’s first expansion? I haven’t played WoW, but I bet the cost breakdown is something similar to this:

You can correct my numbers if you want … I suspect I was generous.

what is better a Fiat Punto or a Ferrari?

Because this is what you’re comparing. Your statement is “GW2 has great value for money, because it’s cheap!”, however that’s not how value works. Value implies quality. It’s one thing if you go “look at my red apples, they taste the same and look the same, but cost 1$ less!”, right now you’re comparing it with “look at my apples, they cost 1$ less but are also 1/10th the size!”. That’s the current comparrison.

If you’re going to change your statement even more to now include “on a similar timeline”, burning crusade released with so much more than 1 unfinished raid.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_The_Burning_Crusade

so then what did Burning Crusade have?

Two new races
flying
11 new zones
10 new dungeons
8 new raids
1 new PvP Arena

I don’t know about you but that seems to be better value than 4 new zones, 1 unfinished raid, 1 class and gliding.

EDIT: and stop adding extra conditions on your arguments just to try and look better. Original statement that I was replying to (not made by you, but original statement)

What do you guys expect from a non-subscription game? This game delivers more content than WoW without the $15 a month.

which is objectively wrong.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Obtena.7952

You can correct my numbers if you want … I suspect I was generous.

what is better a Fiat Punto or a Ferrari?

All depends what you’re looking for in a car and how much you’re willing to pay to get it: that’s what value is. I think a Fiat is WAY better value than a Ferrari. Value is NOT just quality and quality is such a broad term that it’s rather ambiguous to begin with. It’s pretty disingenuous to imply that HoT was not a high quality release. You might not like the content or think there was enough of it, but those are not what an objective person would say are ‘quality’ factors.

I can’t comment on WoW’s value; I don’t play it. But I have played other high quality MMO’s and comparatively, GW2 has massive value to ANY MMO I have played with a monthly fee. That’s why I stay. No MMO I have played gave me more entertainment time and experience for the amount I’ve paid to play it than GW2 has. I don’t doubt anyone with an objective view of the game would say otherwise, even if they didn’t like HoT.

EDIT: I only have to add extra conditions on my arguments because certain advantageous people aren’t willing to make relevant comparisons to have reasonable discussions.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I play casually…like 2-3h/day…maybe more in the weekend. I finished what i consider 90% of what HoT has to offer.

Almost all achievements, got to 161 (no spiderfarm), raids are too elitist for me to have fun in..maybe will do a run sometime later. I also finished all adventures except 1-2 golds (like the floor is lava or something, and shooting range). I fully finished the story and all it’s achievements except the part where u have to not be hit by the dude at the end while flying…because anet decided u need to redo hours of questline just to get to that point, and they also thought it would be fun.

Have all masteries, all weapons except 2 i think for all classes. Finished maps with multiple characters. I skipped legendaries because i can’t work for something that looks worst or at the same level as black lion skins i am sorry.

WvW…..i played 1-2 days to see what’s up with the new maps (and i add here i loved wvw and played it almost exclusively up until i got bored at most 1y ago). I won’t comment on the new maps because i feel like someone actually tried his best to do something cool…i don’t want to insult him more then the map itself does.

So…yea i did all this……..

……………………………….in the first month. MAYBE 2 weeks into the second month.

Since then i just do dailies and log off..just like i did before the expansion.

I don’t see how ppl can’t finish “most” of hot has to offer in more then 1 month. Some players just don’t know how to be efficient i guess. I can’t play inefficient just to lie to myself i am having a great time. Or do you expect me to farm 100 meta events for Tarir and come here and pretend i am having fun? Like most people i see do nowadays.

This expansion is a wreck. Each time i see someone take up his white mantle to say “oh there’s tons of stuff to do!” it just makes me puke. It’s at best an overglorified, not to mention overpriced, DLC.

Whatever they might release after this, i personally will not buy. It is the last product i buy for this mmo.

Or people don’t play for efficiency. I’m willing to wager most people don’t. I don’t have everything in HoT done, though I have most of it. But I don’t focus on a task like a pitbull and do nothing else.

I play the entire game, including some fractals, some dungeon runs, and then jump in do some HoT stuff.

I’ve never seen an MMO expansion that people can’t do most of the content in in one month.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

so then what did Burning Crusade have?

Except burning crusade is 2007. The fidelity and complexity of games and game engines have come a long way since WoW’s engine.

Developing content takes significantly more man-hours and money than it used to.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I will say this in defense of A-Net. The new maps are very in depth. It probably took a lot more time to make each than any other map in old Tyria. However, I am of the crowd that feel we didn’t get enough bang for our buck, considering how good the original game was with content. Let’s say this is equal to 8 maps of old content. Well kitten , the development time for the engine and textures must of been a lot longer on the original. And yet it was the same price. Where are the hundreds of skins? Where is the almost endless exploration. (I mean map completion takes a lot longer than the new content – minus grinding guild halls with too few members, that takes longer)

Expansion let me down, but the game is still good in many ways, but I feel it’s overall value has diminished.

Vayne.8563

I will say this in defense of A-Net. The new maps are very in depth. It probably took a lot more time to make each than any other map in old Tyria. However, I am of the crowd that feel we didn’t get enough bang for our buck, considering how good the original game was with content. Let’s say this is equal to 8 maps of old content. Well kitten , the development time for the engine and textures must of been a lot longer on the original. And yet it was the same price. Where are the hundreds of skins? Where is the almost endless exploration. (I mean map completion takes a lot longer than the new content – minus grinding guild halls with too few members, that takes longer)

Expansion let me down, but the game is still good in many ways, but I feel it’s overall value has diminished.

The expansion rewrote a lot of the core game. Specializations and masteries took developer time to design. It’s not all just zones that goes into an expansion. Story takes time to design and the way it was laid out this time, they used a different system than telling the story than previously. It all takes development time.

From your point of view it’s just content, but adding a new weapon to every single profession, that’s design time too.

The bottom line is, whether people like it or not, we got a couple of years worth of development time in this package. Anet said early on it would be lighter on content and more on the features that will take the game into the future.

People say Anet doesn’t communicate, but just as often people aren’t listening.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

How many products give you 11000 hours of entertainment for 60$?
You’ll eventually run out of stuff to do.

When you remove achievements gated beyond hours and hours of repeated grinding that grand figure gets reduced to 8 hours, maybe less.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

The expansion rewrote a lot of the core game. Specializations and masteries took developer time to design. It’s not all just zones that goes into an expansion. Story takes time to design and the way it was laid out this time, they used a different system than telling the story than previously. It all takes development time.

From your point of view it’s just content, but adding a new weapon to every single profession, that’s design time too.

Ok, let’s say the programmers were busy with coding specializations and masteries. Fine. That still doesn’t explain how we didn’t get many skins either (and no glider skin at all). Since they’re done by other different people. And doing those skins doesn’t seem a huge amount of work, seeing the frequency of the gem store updates. So, it isn’t like they lack the manpower to do it. And neither the lacked the time – the game did suffer a drought of content for many months before the expansion came out.

Or maybe they’ve put few skins and no glider skin at all in a paid expansion as a deliberate choice to push gem store sales.
That seems like a more reasonable explanation, even if it isn’t one that we buyers should like.

Avarice.2791

and we’ll be stuck with this raid, once it’s fully released, until the next expansion pack, so what’s your point?
And I didn’t take anything out of context. If you want to state that GW2 provides more content than WoW, then prove it.
Money wise, sure you spend less, but no need for lying to make GW2 look better.

My point isn’t that GW2 provides more content than WoW, provided WoW has been around for 12 years. My point is you get a whole lot more out of this game for $60 than you do from WoW which will initially cost you $40 dollars for an expansion plus the $15 dollar a month subscription. This is what you are taking out of context. Sure you can pay for gold but this takes time which is still a resource tied to money. If your main argument is that there is only one raid present in GW2 then that is pretty weak… It’s been what… a few months since this game dropped their first raid? Do you have evidence somewhere that there are no plans for a new raid ever? You’re sure acting like it. The point I’m trying to make is it’s pathetic how people complain but give no examples of why. I don’t understand the expectations others have for this game. You can call GW2 “cheap,” but it is simply a non-subscription game meaning the dev team is limited. Literally though, go to any game forum and you’ll see morons arguing about biased opinions and kitten they don’t understand.

Suckers playing WoW are basically paying a subscription to check your garrison and enjoy the old content that was released last June. Enjoy looking forward to no new content until the end of summer. Lawl.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The bottom line is, whether people like it or not, we got a couple of years worth of development time in this package. Anet said early on it would be lighter on content and more on the features that will take the game into the future.

We got at most a few months worth of developer time in this package. Or have you forgotten what they could do back before they became complacent?

Bi-weekly content updates during LS1, SAB, fractals, and so on. And no way was HoT more polished upon launch than those updates were.

Rebound.3409

@Avarice no it’s not. Because it mostly has been a very repetitive and frustrating “200h” experience compared to 60-100h of other games that are memorable. The quality is simply not there for me. The only reason i put in that much time is because i like to complete goals and that i really wanted to give this game a chance and see why they hyped so much HoT for it’s price. If i had the knowledge i have now, back when the game came out, and if i knew the amount of boring and rewardless grind this game is, i wouldn’t have invested even that amount of time.

Another reason i played this is, i will admit, because there were no games out there that interested me. But now, black desert is almost out even if it isn’t that great, atleast it’s eyecandy and for the initial money u buy it for, it’s well worth the fresh experience, just like GW2 was. Blade and Soul even if it’s grindish, it’s surprisingly fun…there’s 2 kinds of grind a fun grind and a boring grind. Blade&Soul makes it interesting. The division is coming out, played the beta and i loved it altho it definitely needs dark zone improvements.

So yea…the “Drought” season for me is over, thus a big reason i still played GW2 is also gone and this expansion failed to give me the consumer enough reasons to support this, already old (both mechanically and graphically), game.

The ONLY time you can justify time/money as you do…is when someone has fun in all that time spent in the game. For ex the base game justifies it’s money. This? no sry.

On top of that, the level of disappointment grows because i see a company that has promised some things and has completely abandoned them. Not to mention i payed 60$ for the base game that offered me easily and without exaggerating 10 times the content. So no…i am not satisfied and it is in no way shape or form worth 60$…it’s at the borderline of being a scam.

@Vayne i don’t play “for efficiency” like it’s a goal. You misunderstood me. I play normally by my standards, i never once felt that i put in more then i usually do in the game. By that i said that other ppl must be inefficient at the most basic things…as in “inefficient compared to normal play standards”.

As i said, personally, this expansion is the last investment i do in this company monetary wise. I fully stopped any gem purchases even tho i might have liked some of the stuff in the gemstore because honestly i can’t support the direction this company has chose to go in. This is my personal decision. I am sure the game won’t die with me leaving.

A game is fun as long as it makes u feel like you are having fun. The moment a game becomes like a second job in which u poor hours for something that seems to get further and further, it becomes “not fun”. A “not fun” game is not a game anymore. I will just move to other things. Maybe do some dailies for that 10AP. Other then that..nah. not worth it.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Vayne.8563

We got at most a few months worth of developer time in this package. Or have you forgotten what they could do back before they became complacent?

Bi-weekly content updates during LS1, SAB, fractals, and so on. And no way was HoT more polished upon launch than those updates were.

First of all, I’m not sure how much development time we’ve had and you aren’t either. We do know that the living story stuff that was 2 week apart didn’t rewrite the entire game though. We didn’t really receive new systems.

We also received extremely buggy content that people complained about constantly. It wasn’t sustainable by any means. And that’s before they decided to do expansions.

Now they have a live update expansion policy. They’ve already said they’re working on their next expansion. Since expansions are now in the mix, I don’t know how long it’ll take to produce a living story but we do know it took four months before. So yes, this a lot more than 4 months development time. Even if you say 4 maps isn’t enough, you’re not including 2 guild hall maps, a WvW map (like it or not it took development time), and a new PvP type as well as the rewriting the basic premise of the game.

I think a few months development time isn’t just optimistic. I think it’s completely unreasonable. I think that if each of these new maps took a 3-4 months to develop and populate, then the maps alone took a year.

Even if they only took 2 months each and I find that really hard to believe, that’s 8 months of just the maps with nothing else.

No, I find your estimation of the amount of time this kind of stuff takes to be unrealistic.

Rebound.3409

@Vayene i remember ANet stating i think during the live introduction of HoT (or close to it) that the expansion has been in the works for 2 years? something like that. And they already had plans for it (as in the story and whatnot) since the game released. I might not be entirely right but i do clearly remember them saying it’s been in the works for more then 1 year.

Vayne.8563

@Vayene i remember ANet stating i think during the live introduction of HoT (or close to it) that the expansion has been in the works for 2 years? something like that. And they already had plans for it (as in the story and whatnot) since the game released. I might not be entirely right but i do clearly remember them saying it’s been in the works for more then 1 year.

It’s not quite what they said, but it’s close enough. I know that expansion, the stuff in it, is more than a year of development time. It’s obvious to me. There are people out there saying that HoT took 3 or 4 months to make.

The value of the expansion over all will be different to different people, but it will be sold at least partly on developer hours, not just the amount of content. Fair or unfair, that’s how businesses work. You have to pay for development time, so that becomes important.

Yes, there were things that didn’t come out on time. That’s obvious. But saying the staff is lazy and they used to be hard working is just not on, and it’s what someone here is saying.

What they actually had said originally was that they were working on projects in the background and they weren’t sure how they were going to deliver them, but I think it’s likely they’d originally planned to deliver stuff through a living story mechanism and a vocal portion of the playerbase demanded an expansion.

That’s certainly how I remember it anyway.

Rebound.3409

Yea i agree with u here….and i admit i was one of the vocals that demanded an expansion expecting an expansion’s worth of content especially for that money.

Most people say it’s “lazy” because they most certainly think of the money they payed for it and the money they spent for other games or the initial GW2 base game. The criteria they compare it with i see acceptable…so the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I for one am not satisfied with both the quantity AND more importantly the quality of the product i payed a “full game’s worth” money for and the so called “free LS updates” come too slow for me to care anymore about what happens in the game.

kolompi.1287

First of all, I’m not sure how much development time we’ve had and you aren’t either. We do know that the living story stuff that was 2 week apart didn’t rewrite the entire game though. We didn’t really receive new systems.

We also received extremely buggy content that people complained about constantly. It wasn’t sustainable by any means. And that’s before they decided to do expansions.

Now they have a live update expansion policy. They’ve already said they’re working on their next expansion. Since expansions are now in the mix, I don’t know how long it’ll take to produce a living story but we do know it took four months before. So yes, this a lot more than 4 months development time. Even if you say 4 maps isn’t enough, you’re not including 2 guild hall maps, a WvW map (like it or not it took development time), and a new PvP type as well as the rewriting the basic premise of the game.

I think a few months development time isn’t just optimistic. I think it’s completely unreasonable. I think that if each of these new maps took a 3-4 months to develop and populate, then the maps alone took a year.

Even if they only took 2 months each and I find that really hard to believe, that’s 8 months of just the maps with nothing else.

No, I find your estimation of the amount of time this kind of stuff takes to be unrealistic.

I’ve even said that HoT was not any more polished than the LS1 updates exactly because i knew someone would bring that up. No, HoT was for many unplayable even upon start (simply could not enter HoT). I call that extremely buggy.

Also… new systems, really? They have reworked their systems several times before in so-called feature patches. Just think about removal of glory from PvP, the addition of the wardrobe, and so on.

Maps, cool… we received 4 new maps, we also received 4 new maps during those living story updates, not counting changes to already existing maps (like Kessex).

WvW maps, amazing but we received Edge of the Mists just so, with no expansion development.

They also made all the content for festivals back during the same time. Reworked Tequatl, made the marionette, the invasion of LA (hey, they actually remade the LA map a few times too), then us taking back LA, they made the triple trouble fight, somehow they managed to add all those fractals in a very short time (which they reworked a few times too), they made SAB (could be a stand-alone game even) just for an april fools gag.

They added more skins – even if to the gemstore – during that time than what we got now in this expansion thing.

Nope, not quite convinced that we received years worth of dev time with this.

Vayne.8563

I’ve even said that HoT was not any more polished than the LS1 updates exactly because i knew someone would bring that up. No, HoT was for many unplayable even upon start (simply could not enter HoT). I call that extremely buggy.

Also… new systems, really? They have reworked their systems several times before in so-called feature patches. Just think about removal of glory from PvP, the addition of the wardrobe, and so on.

Maps, cool… we received 4 new maps, we also received 4 new maps during those living story updates, not counting changes to already existing maps (like Kessex).

WvW maps, amazing but we received Edge of the Mists just so, with no expansion development.

They also made all the content for festivals back during the same time. Reworked Tequatl, made the marionette, the invasion of LA (hey, they actually remade the LA map a few times too), then us taking back LA, they made the triple trouble fight, somehow they managed to add all those fractals in a very short time (which they reworked a few times too), they made SAB (could be a stand-alone game even) just for an april fools gag.

They added more skins – even if to the gemstore – during that time than what we got now in this expansion thing.

You can not be convinced if you want, but none of the maps we received during the living story came out at once, with the exception of Edge of the Mists. They were staggered over months. And there were many months between releases of stuff. I mean Southsun came pretty soon after release and my guess it it was already being worked on before release anyway. On top of that it’s a smallish map, with only a small number of dynamic events. The Karka Queen was added later if you recall.

So that leaves three maps. One of those maps was as WvW and we know that took a year. Just the one map took a year according to Anet. So I don’t know how you can believe that four maps plus everything else took a few months. It’s not reasonable in my opinion.

People complained about the Living Story updates being a couple of hours of content too, so I would say it’s probably the same pace. It’s more likely to me that people don’t have a clue how long it takes to program stuff than that a company is paying people to sit around and do nothing.

kolompi.1287

You can not be convinced if you want, but none of the maps we received during the living story came out at once, with the exception of Edge of the Mists. They were staggered over months. And there were many months between releases of stuff. I mean Southsun came pretty soon after release and my guess it it was already being worked on before release anyway. On top of that it’s a smallish map, with only a small number of dynamic events. The Karka Queen was added later if you recall.

So that leaves three maps. One of those maps was as WvW and we know that took a year. Just the one map took a year according to Anet. So I don’t know how you can believe that four maps plus everything else took a few months. It’s not reasonable in my opinion.

People complained about the Living Story updates being a couple of hours of content too, so I would say it’s probably the same pace. It’s more likely to me that people don’t have a clue how long it takes to program stuff than that a company is paying people to sit around and do nothing.

So now the only thing about the expansion that took time is the map design? But sure, let’s see. There were 4 PvE maps because you might have forgotten the Labyrinthine Cliffs but i’m sure many have not.

We can of course keep putting content on a scale and measure it but it’s pretty obvious that the game lacks content and what is there is just not enough to keep people logging in even for the daily free chest.

Vayne.8563

So now the only thing about the expansion that took time is the map design? But sure, let’s see. There were 4 PvE maps because you might have forgotten the Labyrinthine Cliffs but i’m sure many have not.

We can of course keep putting content on a scale and measure it but it’s pretty obvious that the game lacks content and what is there is just not enough to keep people logging in even for the daily free chest.

I did forget about Labyrinthine Cliffs, but no one could possibly construe that as a full sized map. So if Southsun was a prelaunch thing (and I don’t really see how anyone could argue that it wasn’t) that leaves EoTM, Silverwastes and Dry Top, plus a sliver of a map with a couple of dynamic events. Anet has even created a few mini games over the years.

They created how many adventures though. Like them or not that’s content.

So over 3 years they created 3.5 maps to be generous and now you’re saying the created 4 maps, plus 2 guild maps, a new PvP map and the new WvW in a few months. There’s just no evidence to support that. Even if each of those maps only took a month to build and a month to test, that’s 2 months each, which is a year and four months.

Sorry we’re going to have to agree to disagree if you really think that these updated didn’t take time.

And that’s the problem. There’s simply not enough time to do everything. Other games tend to run into the same problems.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I agree with the OP. We should at least already get an announcement and glimpse at the new PvE content being developed to pad the current xpac’s existing one…

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Designing the elite specs and masteries couldn’t of taken more time than developing all the classes, their utilities healing skills, etc. That is what I was saying, the expansion must of taken a lot less time than making gw2. Same cost, but one had multiple thousands of hours of content, compared to the expansion the value is lower, but cost is the same.

The hope was that there would be more content released after the expansion, and outside of one raid wing with few unique drops, there has been nothing. Again, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and likely still buy their next expansion, but I did feel a little ripped off once I finished the expansion content. Wondering where to find glider skins… Oh right only if I pay even more.

I honestly don’t think this would be much of a problem if the initial game wasn’t such good value back in the day. They shot their own foot, and can’t seem to live up to their history.

(edited by Loboling.5293)

Vayne.8563

Designing the elite specs and masteries couldn’t of taken more time than developing all the classes, their utilities healing skills, etc. That is what I was saying, the expansion must of taken a lot less time than making gw2. Same cost, but one had multiple thousands of hours of content, compared to the expansion the value is lower, but cost is the same.

The hope was that there would be more content released after the expansion, and outside of one raid wing with few unique drops, there has been nothing. Again, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and likely still buy their next expansion, but I did feel a little ripped off once I finished the expansion content. Wondering where to find glider skins… Oh right only if I pay even more.

I honestly don’t think this would be much of a problem if the initial game wasn’t such good value back in the day. They shot their own foot, and can’t seem to live up to their history.

You’re making it sound like Guild War 2 is the only game that has this issue with expansions but it’s not. This is what I read on other MMO sites about their expansions as well. People pay a subscription to WoW, pay for an expansion and still finish it in a couple of months and complain there’s not enough content. That’s the nature of the beast. People really shouldn’t expect an expansion to be as big as the original game. It’s not realistic. It doesn’t happen.

The one thing you could say is that you feel they charged to much for an expansion, which a lot of people seem to agree with. Even I think the expansion should have been cheaper than it was.

I’m not sad I paid for it, because over all, I’m still well ahead on my entertainment dollars. I don’t really compartmentalize that way.

As for the stuff that isn’t out yet. I’m not that worried about it. I do think if all 12 legendaries came out at once though, the issues with the price of mats would have been a whole lot worse.

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

—//
As for the stuff that isn’t out yet. I’m not that worried about it. I do think if all 12 legendaries came out at once though, the issues with the price of mats would have been a whole lot worse.

The kind of failed thinking that’s gotten Anet into the mess they’re in. You don’t hear how silly it sounds that they can’t release more than 3 new grind collectables at a time because of lack of in-game currencies? Like it’s an own entity that Anet has no control over xD

I wonder what miracle workers they had to put out the original 20 legendaries at once. But you’re probably right, that’s their kittened reasoning. Same as why we have almost no new armor- and weaponskins and no free gliders as to not disrupt the gem store.

It’s not just the opinion of a few here, Anet didn’t even earn 1/3 of what they expected from the ex-pack because – take a wild guess…

Vayne.8563

—//

The kind of failed thinking that’s gotten Anet into the mess they’re in. You don’t hear how silly it sounds that they can’t release more than 3 new grind collectables at a time because of lack of in-game currencies? Like it’s an own entity that Anet has no control over xD

I wonder what miracle workers they had to put out the original 20 legendaries at once. But you’re probably right, that’s their kittened reasoning. Same as why we have almost no new armor- and weaponskins and no free gliders as to not disrupt the gem store.

It’s not just the opinion of a few here, Anet didn’t even earn 1/3 of what they expected from the ex-pack because – take a wild guess…

It’s not just the opinion of a few here, in either direction. In almost every thread where someone has complained about grind, a good portion of the responses are people saying that grind doesn’t exist.

That same for most other complaints except for the WvW complaints.

I don’t think 50% of the playerbase is unhappy with the expansion, or the value of the expansion. Nor do I think 50% of the player base is finished with the expansion content. I’ve done most of what I want to do now, but only this week, and I still have stuff I can work on should I want to.

But yes, a lot of people share all kind of opinions. A lot of people believe we should have mounts. There’s probably even a number of people in favor of full on gear grind. A lot of people think the game should be easier, a lot of people think the game should be harder. A lot of people think a lot of things, which is indicative of nothing in particular.

As for the logic I have, I recognize the game probably didn’t go over as well as Anet wanted it to, but I don’t think it’s quite the unmitigated disaster some are trying to make it out to be.

The rest of the expansion will come when it comes. Frankly if they took raids out of the game complete, I wouldn’t cry about it.

kolompi.1287

I did forget about Labyrinthine Cliffs, but no one could possibly construe that as a full sized map. So if Southsun was a prelaunch thing (and I don’t really see how anyone could argue that it wasn’t) that leaves EoTM, Silverwastes and Dry Top, plus a sliver of a map with a couple of dynamic events. Anet has even created a few mini games over the years.

So over 3 years they created 3.5 maps to be generous and now you’re saying the created 4 maps, plus 2 guild maps, a new PvP map and the new WvW in a few months. There’s just no evidence to support that. Even if each of those maps only took a month to build and a month to test, that’s 2 months each, which is a year and four months.

Sorry we’re going to have to agree to disagree if you really think that these updated didn’t take time.

And that’s the problem. There’s simply not enough time to do everything. Other games tend to run into the same problems.

You are grasping at straws and conveniently forgetting all the other points i made about LA, the events, the encounters, the skins, all the content. Now we are at “how many and how big maps they’ve built”…

Vayne.8563

You are grasping at straws and conveniently forgetting all the other points i made about LA, the events, the encounters, the skins, all the content. Now we are at “how many and how big maps they’ve built”…

It’s fun when people use terms like grasping at straws as some sort of attempt to prove someone wrong.

I’m saying the expansion required a certain amount of effort, which Anet charged for. It’s my only argument here. The other argument about there could have been more X or Y isn’t relevant to my argument and therefore isn’t something I need to respond to. It’s a side argument.

This thread is about the rest of the expansion. It’s asking about the stuff that was promised, not that stuff that people want that wasn’t promised and wasn’t delivered. Even this conversation is bordering on off topic and probably should be taken to another thread.

But there’s no grasping and no straws here. Someone made a statement that the expansion took a minimal time to program and I responded to it. If the EoTM map took a year to max, then 7 maps didn’t take 4 months.

And actually on topic, the WvW overhaul didn’t make it into the expansion because it required more work/time than Anet thought it would. This is why they normally don’t say anything before hand. Because if stuff gets delayed its protrayed as a betrayal by the fans.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

My point isn’t that GW2 provides more content than WoW, provided WoW has been around for 12 years. My point is you get a whole lot more out of this game for $60 than you do from WoW which will initially cost you $40 dollars for an expansion plus the $15 dollar a month subscription. This is what you are taking out of context. Sure you can pay for gold but this takes time which is still a resource tied to money. If your main argument is that there is only one raid present in GW2 then that is pretty weak… It’s been what… a few months since this game dropped their first raid? Do you have evidence somewhere that there are no plans for a new raid ever? You’re sure acting like it. The point I’m trying to make is it’s pathetic how people complain but give no examples of why. I don’t understand the expectations others have for this game. You can call GW2 “cheap,” but it is simply a non-subscription game meaning the dev team is limited. Literally though, go to any game forum and you’ll see morons arguing about biased opinions and kitten they don’t understand.

Suckers playing WoW are basically paying a subscription to check your garrison and enjoy the old content that was released last June. Enjoy looking forward to no new content until the end of summer. Lawl.

Guess you didn’t played wow right? Their 1 area in Northrend is like all four maps here in HoT. And what content are you reffering to? 5 events that are repeating every 1hour? Fractals with new (same) 50 levels? Even pvp in wow is better than gw2 now. SW beats all four maps in HoT by far. Megaserver saved this game cause it masks real server population (real server pop you can feel in wvw which is almost dead).

kolompi.1287

It’s fun when people use terms like grasping at straws as some sort of attempt to prove someone wrong.

I’m saying the expansion required a certain amount of effort, which Anet charged for. It’s my only argument here. The other argument about there could have been more X or Y isn’t relevant to my argument and therefore isn’t something I need to respond to. It’s a side argument.

This thread is about the rest of the expansion. It’s asking about the stuff that was promised, not that stuff that people want that wasn’t promised and wasn’t delivered. Even this conversation is bordering on off topic and probably should be taken to another thread.

But there’s no grasping and no straws here. Someone made a statement that the expansion took a minimal time to program and I responded to it. If the EoTM map took a year to max, then 7 maps didn’t take 4 months.

And actually on topic, the WvW overhaul didn’t make it into the expansion because it required more work/time than Anet thought it would. This is why they normally don’t say anything before hand. Because if stuff gets delayed its protrayed as a betrayal by the fans.

I don’t want to prove you wrong, there is no sense in that.
Just try to think for a second though. If you buy a new car, do you get a chassis and the promise of an engine some months later? And if you are dumb enough to trust this promise, would you not rightfully ask where the engine is?

You do not have to know what it takes to develop and build a car engine, you don’t care, you want a functioning car.
Similarly, it’s not our job to make maps, we don’t get paid for making games. Anet developers are. We do not need to concern ourselves with how much time it takes to make a legendary weapon. That is the point that people are making. We – the customers – are incredibly patient already. And you are not doing anyone (Anet the least) any service by defending them all the time. You’re just blinding them to the actual problems until you’ll be doing the brand new meta events with 3 people who are left to play with.

Mirta.5029

Except burning crusade is 2007. The fidelity and complexity of games and game engines have come a long way since WoW’s engine.

Developing content takes significantly more man-hours and money than it used to.

I was asked to compare to the first WoW expansion, so I did. Warlords of Draenor then:

7 zones + a PvP zone
Garrisons
8 new dungeons
2 raids

still more than GW2 HOT

My point is you get a whole lot more out of this game for $60 than you do from WoW which will initially cost you $40 dollars for an expansion plus the $15 dollar a month subscription.

And I would disagree with that statement.

If your main argument is that there is only one raid present in GW2 then that is pretty weak… It’s been what… a few months since this game dropped their first raid? Do you have evidence somewhere that there are no plans for a new raid ever?

How about this? What they’re dropping in updates for the next year is what they promised HoT to launch with. The first raid is not complete yet even. In the next half a year you’re a getting a wing, with still a wing unreleased. Then there’s those 13 extra legendaries that they seem to have forgotten. Then there’s the LS3 that everyone is waiting for… Do you honestly think you’re getting more than one raid an expansion?

So people playing GW2 at release or before the expansion were… Suckers?
There was a 9 month gap between last update and GW2 expansion.
There was an over a year gap between GW2 release and first content.
For what people are getting here, in the next half a year you’ll get one raid wing. That’s it for substantial content. Everything else is only gliding in Tyria, event timer fixes, balancing, bug fixing. That is all. And here people don’t even have a finished expansion to enjoy in the mean time.

Vayne.8563

I don’t want to prove you wrong, there is no sense in that.
Just try to think for a second though. If you buy a new car, do you get a chassis and the promise of an engine some months later? And if you are dumb enough to trust this promise, would you not rightfully ask where the engine is?

You do not have to know what it takes to develop and build a car engine, you don’t care, you want a functioning car.
Similarly, it’s not our job to make maps, we don’t get paid for making games. Anet developers are. We do not need to concern ourselves with how much time it takes to make a legendary weapon. That is the point that people are making. We – the customers – are incredibly patient already. And you are not doing anyone (Anet the least) any service by defending them all the time. You’re just blinding them to the actual problems until you’ll be doing the brand new meta events with 3 people who are left to play with.

This is a terrible analogy though, because the main parts of the expansion have been delivered, except for the WvW upgrade which is being delayed. You’re saying if the car is missing the engine. Well if the car is missing the engine, the car won’t run.

But people can play through the HOT zones. They can craft precursors they never got before. They can craft three new legendary weapons. They can even still WvW if that’s what they want to do. The motor isn’t missing here and analogies like this aren’t going to make your point any stronger.

Here’s what happened. I bought Guild Wars 2 and since then MANY features were delayed and eventually delivered. I got the base game, and guesting was delayed. It was delayed by many months. Eventually guesting got delivered and was then later superceded by the mega server.

These things that don’t get in on time, come later, and this has been true since the moment the game launched. It’s not just something that happened with HoT. It’s always been the case, not just here, but in every MMO.

So what we’re missing are new legendary weapons (which are just more things to make and some people are making the ones they released anyway), we’re missing a new legendary backpack and legendary armor, which is all just basically items to work towards. Not quite content to play. We’re missing the WvW overhaul which admittedly is taking longer than they expected it to, and we’re missing more raids, which I’m sure 75% or more of the population of the game could care less about. In fact, most of these items are niche items, appealing to a hard core crowd that probably isn’t most of the people playing. Yes, they’re frustrated but they’re also probably not a majority.

But unlike many, I observe and learn from the past. I learned that guesting was announced and delayed. I saw that precursor crafting was announced and delayed. And I saw that some stuff that came out during that time wasn’t even on my radar, but I thought it was a cool bonus, like Fractals and the Shatterer revamp and gliding in central Tyria.

Maybe because I can see how the company has operated, I can draw conclusions from how things will go, including the fact that delays will happen, because they have happened.

But the combat system is there. I’m doing the meta events. I’ve finished leveling my masteries, except for the raiding ones, which I’ll likely never get, and I’ve leveled all my elite specializations.

So where is this motor you’re talking about? Maybe I missed a new radio system that was supposed to come with the car and was delayed, but I can drive just fine, thanks.