whispers of "Cantha" in the HoT cinematic?!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

I might be wanting to hear things but just listen carefully to 0:45 in this video :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUk2y0K2m8&t=0m43s
Am I the only one hearing this voice whispering “Cantha” when Rytlock opens up the golden gate? xD
Although it seems rather unlikely that Cantha is a part of HoT, (if that is indeed what the whisper says, I’m far from sure), it might actually be a hint for the future.
Or is “Cantha” the password to open up the gate, maybe some kind of mastery easter egg, maybe one of those new mastery languages that they said would link to lore (then why Cantha out of all places)? The moment the whispers end the gate gives in for his push. (I just can’t stop thinking about the possible reference to Gandalf saying “Mellon”, opening up the gates of Moria)

Let me know if you hear the same thing or is it just a random whisper of no words at all? xD

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

massively unlikely statement incoming

Wouldn’t it be cool if part way though HoT Living Story they were like “BOOM, new continent”?

Seriously though, it’s probably just in your head.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
I didn’t really hear anything, other than maybe some indistinct whispers for dramatic effect. Might have just been the sound effect of the flames though.

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

Nope, it’s probably you wanting to hear it.. xD

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

All of you are very welcome.

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

what’s it called again? paleido… googles pareidolia. aka “this is totally jesus’ face on my toast”, or as the GW fans know it, “this is totally a hint that cantha is coming”.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I get a feeling that ArenaNet delays Cantha another year for every Cantha thread posted. At this rate we won’t get Cantha until Guild Wars 8.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It does sound like someone whispering Cantha, but it was probably complete accident generated by the various effects going on in that scene.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Moldur.6275

It does sound like someone whispering Cantha, but it was probably complete accident generated by the various effects going on in that scene.

Thank you for being the first person actually listening to the whispering sound and not just blaming me to be crazy lol! I agree that it might be an accident, but we can all agree that is is a whisper there and I do strongly believe Cantha is a possible word: the whispering starts with a consonant, then an A vocal, then more consonant sound, and then an ending A vocal. That was the reason I suggested Cantha, because it matches that description (I couldn’t find any other “relevant” words that did right now).

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

Thank you for being the first person actually listening to the whispering sound and not just blaming me to be crazy lol! I agree that it might be an accident, but we can all agree that is is a whisper there and I do strongly believe Cantha is a possible word: the whispering starts with a consonant, then an A vocal, then more consonant sound, and then an ending A vocal. That was the reason I suggested Cantha, because it matches that description (I couldn’t find any other “relevant” words that did right now).

Yeah it is dramatic whispering to emphasize the mystic nature of finding a golden structure, but yes it can be described as sounding like Cantha. or any over word or words that follow the same structure.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Just stop, please stop. Guild Wars 2 is it’s own game, it is NOT Guild Wars 1. They share the same universe setting, but not the same storyline or location setting by far (Lion’s Arch is different from the Lion’s Arch in GW1).

Elona won’t happen this expansion or maybe the next due to it being blocked off by the Crystal Desert where Krawlkatoric resides. Until that Elder Dragon is faced and defeated, lore wise we cannot reach Elona; and that isn’t happening with HoT at all.

Cantha is far more xenophobic than the Tengu are thanks in part to it’s overly paranoid Emporer. They reached near 100% isolation when Zhiatan rose with Orr out of the ocean. With the races of Tyria being so interwoven together against the Elder Dragons and the looming doom of yet another one growing in strength, it would easy to understand them staying hidden in their lands still today.

I don’t ever see Cantha as being part of Guild Wars 2 in the next 2-3 expansions beyond HoT. Elona might based on what’s said earlier, but only after the dealing with the Crystal Dragon of the Branded. It’s just a matter that GW2’s entire story plot line revolves around the Elder Dragons and not a one of them is located in or around Cantha. Basically it’s a location unrelated to the rest of the game and would be incomplete “filler” content that doesn’t really work.

#noCantha

Posted by: Dirven.3021

Dirven.3021

Omg we’re getting Cantha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: malevolence.9487

malevolence.9487

Strange, all I hear in whispering is “buy more gems” , weird lol.

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

First expansion

HoT: Heart of Thorns

Second expansion

C:OLD: Cantha: One Little Dream

Posted by: Sevorathe.3584

Sevorathe.3584

Moldur, if you are just hearing things, then I am too. I’m pretty sure there really is a “Cantha”-like whisper over there!

Cantha confirmed in HoT… or NOT :P

Moldur.6275

It’s just a matter that GW2’s entire story plot line revolves around the Elder Dragons and not a one of them is located in or around Cantha.

Bubbles

(Cantha is certainly not in HoT, but maybe a part of their long-term plan, we know that the core story we are seeing right now were primarily written before the release of the game and the preparation foundations for the story date back all the way into GW1.)

(edited by Moldur.6275)

Moldur.6275

Moldur, if you are just hearing things, then I am too. I’m pretty sure there really is a “Cantha”-like whisper over there!

Cantha confirmed in HoT… or NOT :P

Glad to hear that
No Cantha in HoT though

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

The big problem with going back to Cantha is first Anet has to to find a way to get China and South Korea to get along and not have them lose their crap if they mix culture styles like they did in the Cantha District in Divinity’s Reach.

If not Anet will just say “Sorry we can’t go back to Cantha since it’s just a giant hole in the ground”.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)