who made DS

who made DS

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

who did that? were they kittened? Because wasting 2 hrs for only 15mins to complete the map STILL filled with super op enemies (in fact, it seemed more full), is not a good design. I wasted 2hrs and 15minutes for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because I could not reach a simple commune HP because of the enemies.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

who made DS

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

oh an I didn’t get any leystone gear at all so even my secondary goal failed

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

who made DS

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I agree, it’s a very unnecessary design… The scramble ending just serves as an annoyance for me. Don’t mind scouting the map, but it’s more annoying than anything

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

who made DS

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The HP by the spiders can be obtained at any time with a leap skills or one of the teleport rifles.

The HP on the far west of the map can be reached at any time by coming at it from above. There’s a path leading up to it from the first camp.

The only ones that require the entire meta to be completed are the mushroom one at the center lane and the one in the final area. The vista and POI also require you to have beaten that meta. The three towers have HP but can be done at any time once those doors have been opened. You can easily get all three once you have completed the tower events.

I’ve done map completion twelve times in that map and 15 min is more than enough time to get what you need and farm pods.

who made DS

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

The HP by the spiders can be obtained at any time with a leap skills or one of the teleport rifles.

The HP on the far west of the map can be reached at any time by coming at it from above. There’s a path leading up to it from the first camp.

The only ones that require the entire meta to be completed are the mushroom one at the center lane and the one in the final area. The vista and POI also require you to have beaten that meta. The three towers have HP but can be done at any time once those doors have been opened. You can easily get all three once you have completed the tower events.

I’ve done map completion twelve times in that map and 15 min is more than enough time to get what you need and farm pods.

^ THIS

Most of the map can be explored at any time. Only 1 Vista, 5 PoI, and 4 HP require that you do the meta event. And 15 minutes are more than enough to get those after the meta event is over.

who made DS

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

^ THIS

Most of the map can be explored at any time. Only 1 Vista, 5 PoI, and 4 HP require that you do the meta event. And 15 minutes are more than enough to get those after the meta event is over.

This.

Also, who says a map has to be completed at once? Took me 3 DS runs to complete my first DS map since I decided not to use guides and figure stuff out on my own.

In essence it’s only 1 Vista and 5 PoI since you could always do some wvw and compete those HP via wvw tomes.

who made DS

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

no idea what are you talking about, I easily access all the pods though which is the only real goal to achieve once DS is complete

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

who made DS

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

if you don’t stand a chance or are just bored about spending 2 hours in ds, try through wvw farming.

It let you avoid masteries too.

who made DS

Posted by: Berserk Steve.1530

Berserk Steve.1530

Well I think people are missing the point – It’s a lot of wasted content. The 15 minutes forces people to rush, ignore others and generally ignore the content which I am sure was put there to be experienced. At the minute when I lead I focus my time on pods as it’s what the majority want however there are multiple champions which should be an evolution of the ones from previous maps , possibly their hardest incarnation which would be good to fight however who wants to waste that time? Things like the mushroom emperor would be regularly killed if people weren’t racing against the clock (ironically spending most of the time on the floor) and it would remove a lot of the negativity from people who have a hard time. Remember its the last story map too, all will want to experience it.

There are pets to be found, dialogs on some npcs and just stuff to look at. I really don’t understand why the map has to A) close instead of just wiping people at 2 hours and refreshing the map (keeping people together for multiple runs with participation) and B) not lasting the 2 full hours regardless of completion time. There is something disheartening about having to wait around to start again if you are optimised and have a good run. It’s like being punished for wanting to play the content repeatedly as is encouraged yet actually doing it well.

Another point to add is that the map is incomplete – it seems we are almost certain to see another 2 areas added if the explorer panel is correct – you may feel you have enough time now but what about then?

who made DS

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

Well… initially I was angry for that 15 minutes. But after some time I realized that DS meta is very fun to just run it time to time. And then you have enough of 15 min atempts to clear all the stuff on the map.

By now I probably did DS like 10-15 times and I still have a lot of fun just doing it with friends. → just bring some people to do what you want each time you run DS.

who made DS

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

It’s a really pretty zone in places.
To me the real shame is all the rush rush rush that goes on for the most part.
Personally I think if one beats the Mouth the map should stay open until the invariable volunteer option and closure 1 hour hence.

who made DS

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s a complete waste of an area. One of the most boring zerg events in the game because of how long it takes, for crap loot I don’t want and probably won’t get because of RNG. No redeeming features at all.

who made DS

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

People complain about the most dynamic event in the the game. i love DS.

Why boring? I wonder what isnot “boring” for them, do world boss train and kill fire elemental?

i dont remenber well, but There 5 or 4 red arrows.

With practice you can over time get the pods of almost all of them. Then sometimes you do not always need pods, then you can use the time to complete something else.

And am currently making gold with the hot maps, has good drop of yellows, materials, black diamonds and purple recipes who worth gold. U can use the currency of the maps to get exotics.

Completing the collections i got 3 exo backpieces, 1 ascend backpiec, im working to get the “The Great Reformer” title.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

who made DS

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Whether its boring or the most exciting thing since nude skydiving, no person with a quarter life can log on and routinely do 2 hour events. Not realistic.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

who made DS

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Whether its boring or the most exciting thing since nude skydiving, no person with a quarter life can log on and routinely do 2 hour events. Not realistic.

It’s definitely harder for more casual players to access, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t access it. It’s simply less convenient. One person who works full time and has a family finally beat it today for the first time. Everything doesn’t have to be done today.

who made DS

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is the easiest map to get completion on of any of the new maps. Yes you need to do the entire meta to get the last POI and HP but really as you are doing the meta you are getting most of the poi’s and vistas. After the meta is done then use the open waypoints and get the rest.
Only quibble I have with the map are the insane mushrooms at the central HP. I mean really that many in such a tiny area? Can still get the HP using the bouncing mushroom but come on getting the goodies in the area is tough.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m still trying to figure out why I’d want to open those pods.

who made DS

Ayrilana.1396

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

Yeah, I was looking at that page when I made that post. It’s what inspired it.

So all the hullabaloo is about loot I don’t want or need without what I play games for to begin with: interesting gameplay? Because I haven’t found any in that area. Everywhere I go people do stuff with lots of sound and fury, and I’m tagging along doing pretty much nothing at all because why bother, the game plays itself for me on a full map with driven people. It’s embarrassing to think that’s a GW2 area.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

who made DS

Vayne.8563

So all the hullabaloo is about loot I don’t want or need without what I play games for to begin with: interesting gameplay? Because I haven’t found any in that area. Everywhere I go people do stuff with lots of sound and fury, and I’m tagging along doing pretty much nothing at all because why bother, the game plays itself for me on a full map with driven people. It’s embarrassing to think that’s a GW2 area.

Funny I think the game play is quite interesting. If you’re doing nothing at all you’re leeching. Someone has to do the work. It’s funny you think that something a bunch of people are enjoying is embarrassing.

who made DS

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

It’s embarrassing to think that’s a GW2 area.

this

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

Funny I think the game play is quite interesting. If you’re doing nothing at all you’re leeching. Someone has to do the work. It’s funny you think that something a bunch of people are enjoying is embarrassing.

Really? You think it’s interesting to run from place to place in a herd of people so tightly packed you can’t see your own character, firing off attacks at enemies you can only identify by merit of their red name tags, apart from some bigger boss type creatures?

And then there’s the squad joining invitations popping up ever so often. Yeah, like I want every visual aspect of the game to be drowned out in even more useless clutter, like dozens upon dozens of blue player name tags you can’t turn off for some reason. Beneath it all there’s a nice looking game I’d imagine.

I happily leeched the run I did, because actually participating was the most terrible experience this game ever offered me in terms of, well, everything. I hung back occasionally shooting at something veering close enough. I also took every opportunity I could to wander off and explore the map, and finished it completely during that one run, using 7 scrolls of maguuma heroics to deal with the HPs. I finished with 200% participation. Yay me.

who made DS

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So you don’t like a map, you got the exploration aspect done, what is the issue. You are done everything you want to do on that map, yay you. I enjoy it occasionally, others do as well. You don’t so change the map? No.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

Is there any reason in particular why I need to justify posting my opinion of this map in a topic where people post their opinions of that map, and no one else needs to? Why am I being singled out here?

who made DS

Ayrilana.1396

Really? You think it’s interesting to run from place to place in a herd of people so tightly packed you can’t see your own character, firing off attacks at enemies you can only identify by merit of their red name tags, apart from some bigger boss type creatures?

And then there’s the squad joining invitations popping up ever so often. Yeah, like I want every visual aspect of the game to be drowned out in even more useless clutter, like dozens upon dozens of blue player name tags you can’t turn off for some reason. Beneath it all there’s a nice looking game I’d imagine.

I happily leeched the run I did, because actually participating was the most terrible experience this game ever offered me in terms of, well, everything. I hung back occasionally shooting at something veering close enough. I also took every opportunity I could to wander off and explore the map, and finished it completely during that one run, using 7 scrolls of maguuma heroics to deal with the HPs. I finished with 200% participation. Yay me.

How’s it any less appealing than world boss runs, farming Orr, and so on?

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

Sure, the core game has similar kitten faeces in some places. I don’t do those. And that leaves me with a plenty of game to enjoy. HoT is kitten faeces all over and a terrible waste. No variety in content at all.

who made DS

Vayne.8563

I guess you play differently from me. I’m seldom in a pack of people. I ride the sidelines looking for threats some people are ignoring, like snipers taking a bunch of people down. I help call targets. I’m pro active.

I’m sorry that for some reason you can’t tell what you’re doing, but I can sure tell what I’m doing.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

Maybe it’s because I can’t care to know what I’m doing because it’s all so uninspired, pointless and unengaging. It cannot capture my attention, because it doesn’t need my attention. It plays out perfectly without my participation.

Spending any kind of mental effort on it is a waste. I look at what’s happening on my screen, zone out to the point that nothing I’m looking at holds any meaning any longer. Just pretty colors and a cacophony of dozens of concurrently playing sound effects, and I start wondering what’s the point of it all. But I got that answer. It’s the loot, apparently. How many people would submit themselves to it if there was no loot?

who made DS

Vayne.8563

Sure, the core game has similar kitten faeces in some places. I don’t do those. And that leaves me with a plenty of game to enjoy. HoT is kitten faeces all over and a terrible waste. No variety in content at all.

No variety? So raids are the same as dynamic events are the same as adventures, are the same as the new PvP map, are the same as the story, is the same as guild halls and the precursor collections?

Okay then.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

I guess I should rephrase that, but I don’t care to. Because you know what I mean anyway. We’ve been over this before. I’m in no mood to mince words.

who made DS

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Just pretty colors and a cacophony of dozens of concurrently playing sound effects, and I start wondering what’s the point of it all. But I got that answer. It’s the loot, apparently. How many people would submit themselves to it if there was no loot?

The look sucks! Dozens upon dozens of chests, bags and containers that contain even more bags that don’t stack with each other for no good reason despite having identical names. Takes forever to open and salvage all if it. In fact I would very much appreciate if all the random loot would be removed and less, but larger and potentielly higher quality chests would be added. But in reality I don’t care about that anyway. All you ever need is crafted so I don’t really get it. All people care about is interesting loot. Not truckloads of it.

So yes, that leaves mostly the people doing it for fun. And I do think DS is fun. A bit too long maybe, but the frantic blighting towers event is fun to do.

If you like it “less zergy”, Auric Basin is much slower and progression of the map can be done with far less people. And success there doesn’t really matter, the meta event starts regardless.

Verdant Brink is also different. If you join a map that aims for Tier 4, you’ll also be running in small groups.

So only DS is probably non-stop commander zerg. I think there is much variety in the four maps. Should be something for everyone, as long as you like event chains.

who made DS

Berserk Steve.1530

It’s kinda sad you don’t wanna join the squad, aka you don’t want to participate, so you can’t see the chat or explanations or actually help in a meaningful way. It’s also sad you can’t adapt your gameplay to have more fun. I lead LARGE zergs and can find it enjoyable but for example a few nights ago 5 of us took our raid builds and 5 manned VB night bosses. It was some of the best fun I have had in ages. The events scale extremely well to low numbers on all maps. Don’t like DS with a zerg? jump the map 25 mins late and do a lane with 15 people, it’s still very doable, often faster, and fun.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

I will not join squads until they implement an option to disable squad member name tags.

Apart from that, no, I don’t want to participate. I don’t give a rodent’s rectum about what’s happening on those maps and what other people there expect of me. I just want to dot my i’s and cross my t’s, i.e. get some achievements done and complete the maps. If I have to “leech” someone’s organized map for that, blame the designers for ignorantly creating open world content that can’t be played solo in a non-leeching capacity. It’s stupid beyond words.

They’re open world maps so I’ll do there what I please, and it pleases me to not submit myself to the insane clock-driven metacycles. A game has no business telling me when to play. The most extreme bit of planning I’ve ever done around a game is to tell someone I might be back later that night, when I logged off.

who made DS

Berserk Steve.1530

But you claim that you don’t like it yet when given the option to run it a different way you change the qq to timers instead of zerg. DS takes 30ish minutes to push to the towers, the map cycles 2 hours long. So basically you can do it anytime you want, but you don’t want to. That’s fine but don’t expect people to not think you have a horrible attitude

Edit: Thinking about it – it’s also odd that you dislike the content yet want the achievements etc. Just don’t do the stuff you don’t like, similar to how my EotM achievement page is completely empty…. ohwell you can’t please all I guess.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

I didn’t change the “QQ” to timers, I’ve lambasted those timers from the first day I became aware of them. It’s all over these forums.

Of course I don’t want to do it. I have no idea how long it takes to push anything anywhere and I don’t care. Content that requires me to meta-game is worthless to me. I want to login and play and not spend a single second planning anything with anyone. And I really don’t care what people think about my attitude.

There are a few things I want out of the content, and that’s why I go there. On my terms, not on ANet’s ridiculous schedule and certainly not beholden to other players. For starters, I wanted to see all of the landscapes and I decided to finish the story as well, after having dropped it for 2 months when my distaste for HoT set in shortly after entering VB for the first time.

who made DS

Berserk Steve.1530

I should have looked at your post history before replying – sorry for wasting both of our time. You are always right it seems …

ON subject – I would rather the map just didn’t close. the wipe and reset seems unnecessary.

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

When I talk about my own preferences, likes and dislikes, of course I’m always right.

I’m guessing the map has to close because resetting everything on it to pre-meta cycle status to allow starting a new cycle, is too complicated for that particular map.

who made DS

Berserk Steve.1530

It’s likely to do with the fact it locks it out (new instance?) and that is what is destroyed. Still annoying.

who made DS

Vayne.8563

I will not join squads until they implement an option to disable squad member name tags.

Apart from that, no, I don’t want to participate. I don’t give a rodent’s rectum about what’s happening on those maps and what other people there expect of me. I just want to dot my i’s and cross my t’s, i.e. get some achievements done and complete the maps. If I have to “leech” someone’s organized map for that, blame the designers for ignorantly creating open world content that can’t be played solo in a non-leeching capacity. It’s stupid beyond words.

They’re open world maps so I’ll do there what I please, and it pleases me to not submit myself to the insane clock-driven metacycles. A game has no business telling me when to play. The most extreme bit of planning I’ve ever done around a game is to tell someone I might be back later that night, when I logged off.

It’s better to light a single candle then to curse the darkness.

who made DS

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Whoever designed Dragon’s Stand clearly had no idea what made Guild Wars 2 great to begin with.

Also, whoever thought putting most of the noxious pods after the meta in areas surrounded by smokescales, bristlebacks, and rolling devils deserves to be fired.

who made DS

Ayrilana.1396

There’s nothing wrong with having enemies around the pods. If players would team up and kill them, they would be able to safely open the pods.

who made DS

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I think the DS meta event is good fun. I don’t feel that it needs to be changed drastically in any way.

But I agree the rush at the end is stupid. I don’t know why they can’t just close the map later. I would prefer to not have to choose between running for pods or working out how to get to the HP at the end. I’d simply like to just have time to explore the area after the meta too.

Also, while I don’t think it’s crazy to put mobs near the pods, I do agree the choice of Smokescales, Bristlebacks and Rolling Devils is ludicrous. ESPECIALLY when you’re against the clock. It’s as if they want you to limit you to your loot and kill you just so you miss out. It’s a true kick in the face at the end of completing such a triumphant event. I don’t see an issue with making it mob free though, because AB chests in Tarir are.

| Lithia |

who made DS

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s better to light a single candle then to curse the darkness.

I prefer just getting my jollies wherever I can find them regardless of anything, and cuss the living excrement out of everything that offends my sensibilities. As far as games go anyway.