why shooting gallery challange sucks

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Twitchcom? I don’t even know what that is.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Only the biggest(and I think the only one too) streaming website in the world. I don’t know how can people buy a game then complain about the stuff THEY KNEW THEY WERE PAYING FOR. And if you didn’t know, who’s fault is it? Anets for…nothing, or yours for not having a clue what you’re spending your cash on? The people in this game are a special kind of special

As a side note, I just met a warrior with Eternity that was using Balanced Stance as his main CC and was asking me why do I need a stunbreak removal skill(Headbutt) and why don’t I use Signet of Fury to charge my adrenaline. Yes, this is your average GW2 player.

I don’t even know why I’m arguing on the forums. Guess I’m bored.

Manasa Devi.7958

Why would I know anything about streaming websites? Is that a requirement nowadays? I know ANet does some video streaming on what they call twitch.tv, but I never watch that. Is twitchcom another name for that? I’m not alone in not knowing twitchcom. Google didn’t know it either when I looked it up.

Your side note is very amusing.

Raizen.7981

Why would I know anything about streaming websites? Is that a requirement nowadays? I know ANet does some video streaming on what they call twitch.tv, but I never watch that. Is twitchcom another name for that? I’m not alone in not knowing twitchcom. Google didn’t know it either when I looked it up.

Yes, on twitch they announce further updates and even show parts of them. That has been one of the techniques used by gaming companies ever since twitch launched. And you can find twitch notes on dulfy usually. Also, I suppose that twitchcom stands for twitch(dot)com, and the guy wrote it this way so it wouldn’t create a link

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I meant TwitchCon, which was a videogame convention (like E3 or PAX) hosted by Twitch, so with special focus on Esports and/or games that provide good streaming material.
It took place around a month before HoT release and loads of info about the expansion were revealed.

Obviously, you’re not required to watch those streams if you don’t want to. I think, however, that looking for some kind of summary is always a healthy approach (the info provided included things as little as the balance preview or the druid specialization).

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Edit: http://dulfy.net/?s=twitchcon

They advertised the hell out of Twitchcon though. They had 24 hours of straight Guild War 2 television. It was covered both here and on reddit. People talked about it.

Anyone paying any attention at all would have heard of it. Because it revealed quite a bit about what was in the expansion.

People say Anet doesn’t communicate, but when they do, people don’t pay attention.

Edit: http://dulfy.net/?s=twitchcon

Manasa Devi.7958

I read the news blog. I don’t watch any video at all. Video is a dreadful way of taking in information for me because I read much faster than people can talk and I can’t stand to listen to most people anyway.

Interestingy, this is what the blog said this about adventures:

“By their nature, dynamic events are not always available and occasionally have some downtime. Guild Wars 2 has many content opportunities and challenges beyond events, but most are well hidden. Those that aren’t well hidden tend to be available only once per character.

Adventures are the next level of repeatable, on-demand content challenges in the open world."

Terrible misinformation. “On-demand”? As opposed to the dynamic events that “are not always available”?

What a joke.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Vayne.8563

I read the news blog. I don’t watch any video at all. Video is a dreadful way of taking in information for me because I read much faster than people can talk and I can’t stand to listen to most people anyway.

Interestingy, this is what the blog said this about adventures:

“By their nature, dynamic events are not always available and occasionally have some downtime. Guild Wars 2 has many content opportunities and challenges beyond events, but most are well hidden. Those that aren’t well hidden tend to be available only once per character.

Adventures are the next level of repeatable, on-demand content challenges in the open world."

Terrible misinformation. “On-demand”? As opposed to the dynamic events that “are not always available”?

What a joke.

You don’t have to watch videos to get recaps on Dulfy or on Reddit. Dulfy does a very good job of providing up to date information. It’s a single website. Anet also has a blog post about adventures on their own website.

That you didn’t know about them at all? I think it’s pretty amazing.

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t frequent either Dulfy or Reddit.

You mean the blog that said they were on-demand challenges?

Vayne.8563

I don’t frequent either Dulfy or Reddit.

You mean the blog that said they were on-demand challenges?

I didn’t memorize the blog, but I’m sure you can google it and find out what it was said. It certainly gave examples of what to expect is my point.

Whether or not you frequently sites like reddit or google really isn’t the issue. The information about those things was being discussed everywhere I go which is here, reddit, dulfy, and in this case on the official site itself.

If you don’t go to any of those places, you can hardly complain that Anet didn’t tell anyone about it.

Manasa Devi.7958

You’re moving the goalposts. I was saying I never saw the “adventures” advertised. They either are or they aren’t.

Whether or not they were discussed on places that don’t interest me has no bearing on that. Furthermore, every iota I found about it on the guildwars2.com blog/news were lies and misinformation. Heck, they made the shooting range adventure look interesting in a news article.

Here’s another bit of misinformation:

As you progress through outposts and event content in the world, more Adventures will open up. This means that when you or other players clean up events in an area, there will still be readily available, on-demand content to experience, regardless of the current state of the open world.

So I have to scour the internet for information and also try to guess what is true and what isn’t?

Vayne.8563

You’re moving the goalposts. I was saying I never saw the “adventures” advertised. They either are or they aren’t.

Whether or not they were discussed on places that don’t interest me has no bearing on that. Furthermore, every iota I found about it on the guildwars2.com blog/news were lies and misinformation. Heck, they made the shooting range adventure look interesting in a news article.

Here’s another bit of misinformation:

As you progress through outposts and event content in the world, more Adventures will open up. This means that when you or other players clean up events in an area, there will still be readily available, on-demand content to experience, regardless of the current state of the open world.

So I have to scour the internet for information and also try to guess what is true and what isn’t?

Well know, since a lot of info was offered pre release and things sometimes change (that’s in every MMO I’ve ever played not just here), yes, you have to roll with the punches. That said, in everything, in the third zone most of the adventures are opened most of the time. At least I hardly ever see them closed.

But this is exactly the reason Anet doesn’t want to say stuff. There always someone on the forum who reads something coming up, and it changes and they go on the attack about it. Why should Anet tell us more, when if stuff changes, this is the reaction they get?

Manasa Devi.7958

You can’t have it both ways.

You can’t blame me for not being informed if the information they provided that I did pursue to inform myself turned out to be false.

Manasa Devi.7958

I said I didn’t see them advertised. I knew about them, and I thought they would be fun side content. I had no idea there would be 15 and they would be insufferable, and ties into character progression. They made them sound like fun, with some story integration that would make them seem “adventurous”.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/adventuring-forth/

Compare that with the Shooting Gallery we actually got. I know, it’s sad.

Vayne.8563

I said I didn’t see them advertised. I knew about them, and I thought they would be fun side content. I had no idea there would be 15 and they would be insufferable, and ties into character progression. They made them sound like fun, with some story integration that would make them seem “adventurous”.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/adventuring-forth/

Compare that with the Shooting Gallery we actually got. I know, it’s sad.

So you don’t find them fun, I find some of them fun, others find others of them fun. The shooting gallery is obviously one of the worst offenders. Punch-o-matic was until the last update. There’s no guarantee you were going to love them all.

On the other hand, flying circus is a blast for me.

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m not talking about the Shooting Gallery not being fun, but about the implementation not being anywhere near how they announced it. They describe gameplay elements as well as storytelling elements that just aren’t there. That write-up gave me certain expectations about the “adventures” that weren’t met by a long shot.

They’re just a pole you click for a mini-game. Some of the time.

Which brings me to the announced availability of adventures, which is no small thing, far from it. Also nothing but misinformation.

Vayne.8563

I’m not talking about the Shooting Gallery not being fun, but about the implementation not being anywhere near how they announced it. They describe gameplay elements as well as storytelling elements that just aren’t there. That write-up gave me certain expectations about the “adventures” that weren’t met by a long shot.

Which brings me to the announced availability of adventures, which is no small thing, far from it. Also nothing but misinformation.

Different adventures have different ties ins with what’s going on in the world. Obviously it’s not a novel. They’re flavor things.

Comforting the fallen masks is great to me. Sorry you don’t like it, but there are lore tie ins with quite a few adventures. But then, I read that same article and expected what I got.

I guess we make different assumptions.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

For the last kittening time. There is no one hiding your MPs behind arcade games. They’re here to help you get fast MPs.

This is incorrect.

If one cannot get the MPs in question without doing the mini-games, then the MPs in question are gated behind the mini-games.

Personally I like the idea of difficult content, but if I want to play an arcade style shooter, or a platformer, or whatever…there are options available that can provide those types of gaming experiences better than an MMO. I don’t buy a computer chess game to play a FPS either.

That is incorrect. You can get the MPs with little to no effort. You don’t have to MAX out the content (like doing hard metas) in order to get a reward. If they would’ve added more MPs to hard achievs, every1 would ignore metas and just get MPs from adventures. If they would’ve added MPs to gold adventures, and migrated the other 15 MPs from silver to other meta achievs, y’all be complaining about a MP grind. It’s the wisest path they’ve chosen, to make happy the largest (almost every1) amount of people. Choosing any other course of action would’ve made a lot more angry people, than the 3 here spamming this thread about how hard adventures are.

My post is accurate. One cannot get the MPs tied to the mini-games without doing the mini-games. I made no claim about gold or silver, merely about doing the mini-game.

Your claim that one can get the mini-game MPs with zero effort is a blatant falsehood. If, “no effort,” is required then one could get them while AFK. Such is not the case.

Raizen.7981

For the last kittening time. There is no one hiding your MPs behind arcade games. They’re here to help you get fast MPs.

This is incorrect.

If one cannot get the MPs in question without doing the mini-games, then the MPs in question are gated behind the mini-games.

Personally I like the idea of difficult content, but if I want to play an arcade style shooter, or a platformer, or whatever…there are options available that can provide those types of gaming experiences better than an MMO. I don’t buy a computer chess game to play a FPS either.

That is incorrect. You can get the MPs with little to no effort. You don’t have to MAX out the content (like doing hard metas) in order to get a reward. If they would’ve added more MPs to hard achievs, every1 would ignore metas and just get MPs from adventures. If they would’ve added MPs to gold adventures, and migrated the other 15 MPs from silver to other meta achievs, y’all be complaining about a MP grind. It’s the wisest path they’ve chosen, to make happy the largest (almost every1) amount of people. Choosing any other course of action would’ve made a lot more angry people, than the 3 here spamming this thread about how hard adventures are.

My post is accurate. One cannot get the MPs tied to the mini-games without doing the mini-games. I made no claim about gold or silver, merely about doing the mini-game.

Your claim that one can get the mini-game MPs with zero effort is a blatant falsehood. If, “no effort,” is required then one could get them while AFK. Such is not the case.

Let’s not be nitpicky and get into semantics, you got my point.

You people claim that content is gated behind MPs. The only thing that the last MPs gate is your access to HoT legendary weapons.

If we take a look at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/
and see the “The first step was making the journey an account-based experience from top to bottom. Then we wanted to shift some areas to take full advantage of the new Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns features and content” thing, you realise you’re supposed to do more than mindlessly farm gold in the SW in order to aquire said weapons. We can argue that adventures are intended for this exact reason, and I’m pretty sure that the argument would be 90% in my favor.

Also, let’s recap: 114 mastery ranks in maguuma
104 MPs from HoT + 30 MPs from adventures, getting 10 silver rewards would cap you(and now since 4 adventures are easy gold, you get the point)

Also, even if you’d REFUSE to complete adventures and remain at 104 MPs, the last mastery(either nuhoch alchemy or adrenal mushrooms) are in no way a requirement to ANYTHING in the game, they do not offer any advantage, so you can live without them happily ever after.

Also, if you feel yourself locked out of content(that being legendary weapons) I can’t see how would you be okay with farming 3000 gold and spending days on scavenger hunts, but can’t spend 30 mins to do 10 adventures and be done with it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s what they should do:

1) Make Shooting Gallery its own instance.
2) Have participation persist across all map instances (IP’s) including any adventure instances tied to that map. Participation degradation still occurs and instanced adventures do not count towards participation.

Another option would be to just give players a choice as to whether to do it on the map or within an instance.

As far as the adventure difficulty itself goes, I don’t feel that it’s an issue. I haven’t gotten gold yet but I do see it as doable with practice.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This is a nice thread about the Adventures:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first#post5958817

Some of them are really hard, others are very easy, others have easy silver and harder gold requirements. Some of them like Salvage Pit and Drone Race are +4 Mastery Points without even trying (too easy), others are much harder, like Fallen Masks and Shooting Gallery (based on RNG). Fortunately the hardest adventure has been fixed (Haywire) because it was literally impossible to do before the patch.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t know how can people buy a game then complain about the stuff THEY KNEW THEY WERE PAYING FOR.

I’m not complaining about the stuff i got. I am complaining about the stuff i didn’t get. Namely, in this case, enough mastery points that are in normal MMORPG content, not in some side stuff that should have never been required for anything more major.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This is incorrect.

You people claim that content is gated behind MPs. The only thing that the last MPs gate is your access to HoT legendary weapons.

If we take a look at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/
and see the “The first step was making the journey an account-based experience from top to bottom. Then we wanted to shift some areas to take full advantage of the new Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns features and content” thing, you realise you’re supposed to do more than mindlessly farm gold in the SW in order to aquire said weapons. We can argue that adventures are intended for this exact reason, and I’m pretty sure that the argument would be 90% in my favor.

104 MPs from HoT + 30 MPs from adventures, getting 10 silver rewards would cap you(and now since 4 adventures are easy gold, you get the point)

Also, even if you’d REFUSE to complete adventures and remain at 104 MPs, the last mastery(either nuhoch alchemy or adrenal mushrooms) are in no way a requirement to ANYTHING in the game, they do not offer any advantage, so you can live without them happily ever after.

Also, if you feel yourself locked out of content(that being legendary weapons) I can’t see how would you be okay with farming 3000 gold and spending days on scavenger hunts, but can’t spend 30 mins to do 10 adventures and be done with it.

Honesty and accuracy are not nitpicking or merely matters of semantics to those actually being honest and accurate.

I did not claim that content is being gated behind MPs. This is another point where honesty and accuracy might serve you better than falsehoods and inaccuracy.

I did, however, point out that MPs are gated behind a type of content that I do not believe should act as a gate in an MMO.

Raizen.7981

This is incorrect.

Honesty and accuracy are not nitpicking or merely matters of semantics to those actually being honest and accurate.

I did not claim that content is being gated behind MPs. This is another point where honesty and accuracy might serve you better than falsehoods and inaccuracy.

I did, however, point out that MPs are gated behind a type of content that I do not believe should act as a gate in an MMO.

Fair enough. I still consider that the term “gating” is way too harsh for 10 mastery points that are incredible easy to get.

If it means anything, I’ve spent 8 hours doing the JP to get the one mastery point in VB (something over canopy something).

Let me try something. Strongboxes; 20 MPs, are a sort of a find-and-seek game, that you would never get done without dulfy guides. I can argue that if we’re being honest, and we’re saying “Adventures versus Strongboxes, no guides” and take 2 guys that have never been to HoT, the guy doing adventures would be at 20/30 MPs from adventures faster than the other guy would find the 3rd strongbox. With guides, both are incredible easy. My point, these strongboxes are a far bigger gating than the adventures. Yet nobody complains about them, because you follow a guide and get ez MPs.

And let’s be fair. Salvage pit is running around not getting killed. 2 MPs that every1 gets. On wings of gold? It’s gliding. You dont even need to be precise, and the timer is overkill. You got enough time to collect all 47 things(30 to get gold) and still have 1 min on the clock. Flying circus is precise gliding. Bugs in branches is precise gliding. Here’s 8 MPs that have nothing to do with arcade games. No extra skills, no new concept in the game, just running or gliding. Gather 2 more points from the Fallen Masks and The Floor is Lava, and you’re rank capped. All these points are obtained by doing regular HoT activities, only that they require coordination while on a timer. Every other PvE activity in this game, from dungeons to world bosses require doing regular stuff on a timer while being coordinated. The other adventures are arcade, but since you’re capped you really don’t need to jump on them.

Vayne.8563

This is incorrect.

This is my point too. I don’t agree with this as a design decision.

Manasa Devi.7958

Different adventures have different ties ins with what’s going on in the world. Obviously it’s not a novel. They’re flavor things.

Comforting the fallen masks is great to me. Sorry you don’t like it, but there are lore tie ins with quite a few adventures. But then, I read that same article and expected what I got.

So after reading that article, you were expecting something not nearly as interesting as how they made it sound in there and you also expected they wouldn’t actually be available all of the time, “on demand”, despite the article saying they would be?

Man, I never realized you were such a pessimist about the game. I guess lowering my expectations is what I need to do to enjoy HoT more.

Vayne.8563

So after reading that article, you were expecting something not nearly as interesting as how they made it sound in there and you also expected they wouldn’t actually be available all of the time, “on demand”, despite the article saying they would be?

Man, I never realized you were such a pessimist about the game. I guess lowering my expectations is what I need to do to enjoy HoT more.

No. I’m 54 years old and I parse everything I hear as a sales pitch because you know, it’s how the world is.

Manasa Devi.7958

Always an excuse for everything you say that doesn’t make sense beneath the surface or even at surface level in this case.

To “expect” what we actually got after reading that article would take a psychic. The only thing one could reasonably expect, after reading that article, if one figured that they’re just painting a pretty picture, is that “adventures” wouldn’t be as fabulous in the actual game. But that’s not what you’re saying.

You’re saying that you expected “what you got”. So you expected that they would be closed some or even most of the time in some cases, despite the article explicitly stating that they’d be open all of the time. And you expected that the Shooting Gallery would be an uninspired slog lacking several elements that were mentioned in the article. You also expected dysfunctional leaderboards and faulty score tracking?

Vayne.8563

Always an excuse for everything you say that doesn’t make sense beneath the surface or even at surface level in this case.

To “expect” what we actually got after reading that article would take a psychic. The only thing one could reasonably expect, after reading that article, if one figured that they’re just painting a pretty picture, is that “adventures” wouldn’t be as fabulous in the actual game. But that’s not what you’re saying.

You’re saying that you expected “what you got”. So you expected that they would be closed some or even most of the time in some cases, despite the article explicitly stating that they’d be open all of the time. And you expected that the Shooting Gallery would be an uninspired slog lacking several elements that were mentioned in the article. You also expected dysfunctional leaderboards and faulty score tracking?

Yes that’s the answer I’m psychic. That’s obviously it. I did my research bought the game, and, for the most part, knew what I was getting. Other people did too, they must be psychic.

But you who doesn’t go to reddit, or Dulfy or other sites expects to know something about a game by simply reading the press on the company’s page? You take everything said by everyone at face value?

Okay then.

Raizen.7981

Yes that’s the answer I’m psychic. That’s obviously it. I did my research bought the game, and, for the most part, knew what I was getting. Other people did too, they must be psychic.

But you who doesn’t go to reddit, or Dulfy or other sites expects to know something about a game by simply reading the press on the company’s page? You take everything said by everyone at face value?

Okay then.

Mate give up already. Some people will never admit they were wrong

Manasa Devi.7958

Okay then.

Moving the goalposts again. You said: " But then, I read that same article and expected what I got." Not Dulfy, not kitten Reddit. The article.

And after reading that you expected that they wouldn’t actually be open all the time? Come on, be honest. I’ve never called anyone a white knight before because I hate throwing labels at people. I’m on the verge now. You’re making entire unreasonable arguments.

Article:

And reading that, you expected what we got? I dare say that’s absolutely impossible.

Vayne.8563

Okay then.

Moving the goalposts again. You said: " But then, I read that same article and expected what I got." Not Dulfy, not kitten Reddit. The article.

And after reading that you expected that they wouldn’t actually be open all the time? Come on, be honest. I’ve never called anyone a white knight before because I hate throwing labels at people. I’m on the verge now. You’re making entire unreasonable arguments.

Article:

And reading that, you expected what we got? I dare say that’s absolutely impossible.

As you progress through outposts and event content in the world, more Adventures will open up. You thought they’d open up permanently? Really?

See, when you go and do events in the world, the Orr Temples open up, and then they cycle. So yes, that’s what I expected. I expected them to cycle.

You do an event in the game and CoF opens up. Does it STAY OPEN. No. You have to open it.

As long as CoF is open, ie the event is done, you can play CoF. When CoF is closed , you can’t because you have to do the event.

If you’re not willfully misinterpreting it to try to make some kind of point or rile me up, you didn’t think about it, you just read words and didn’t apply any kind of in game logic to it.

Basically anything in this game that you need to do events to open up eventually closes and you have to do the events again.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve been following Manassa’s posts for a while now. He’s admitted to actually using language to rile people up so he can complain more about HoT. The moment he did that, everything he says is suspect. He’s not trying to have a conversation he’s trying to stir the pot by his own admission.

I only stir it to keep the conversation going. Everything I write is sincere, I just dress it up.

There’s absolutely no reason to give up anything to someone that admits to trying to stir the pot. The information was out there, and he chose to ignore it. How, exactly is that wrong?

The information was misinformation.

Put it another way. Before I spent $50 of my hard earned money on a game, I do a bit of research so I don’t waste my money on that game. Because I’ve lived in this world for 54 years, I depend on more than just a company to tell me about their product. It’s practically the companies job to sell you on a product. You have to take any advertisement for anything with a grain of salt. It’s why review sites exist.

I bought HoT on the strength of the original game. I guess that was a mistake. I haven’t been a “real” gamer for a dozen years or so. I’ve bought and played 2 games other than the GW franchise in all that time. I grew out of gaming. I’m not going to tell you how old I am, but I was already into games when the first Space Invaders cabinet came out. I probably played every pinball machine ever made bar some extremely rare ones. So, as a “non-gamer” I have no interest in gaming websites at all. If that means I’m bound to be a victim to publisher misinformation, or one might call them outright lies if one were less charitable, I’ll just repay that by being “in your face” on their forum. At least that’s a moderately entertaining waste of time.

But in this particular case Anet went into some depth about what adventures were. Massa didn’t even know they were in the game at all. It all came as a surprise to him.

I knew there would be an element called “adventures”. I didn’t realize what they entailed exactly. Turns out they were badly implemented boring minigames that you can’t even play when you want. Only vaguely similar to what was told about them on the official company news blog. Lesson learnt. Next expansion won’t be on my shopping list until I’ve had word of mouth from people I know in person. I still won’t go to Dulfy or Reddit, or whatever else they use to hype their lacking kitten.

Do your research and maybe you won’t be surprise, maybe you won’t be disappointed, maybe you won’t have to come on a forums to intentionally rile people up (as he’s already stated in other posts) just so you can complain more about a game you did no research on.

No. I’ll do as I please.

That’s essentially my issue with what he’s saying. It’s one thing to have legitmate gripes about a game, but this is a guy who’s claimed Anet doesn’t care about it’s players because they made a long meta event.

They did so without considering whether or not it would inconvenience players. That’s an apathetic attitude. And I distinctly remember reading a post here somewhere yesterday that the meta event cycles are being reconsidered, according to some ANet bigwig’s statements on one of those sites I couldn’t (couldn’t!) care less about. So what does that tell you?

So what exactly should I be giving up?

We all know you’ll never give up. That was a pointless piece of advice.

Manasa Devi.7958

Okay then.

Article:

As you progress through outposts and event content in the world, more Adventures will open up. You thought they’d open up permanently? Really? Have you played this game before.

See, when you go and do events in the world, the Orr Temples open up, and then they cycle. So yes, that’s what I expected. I expected them to cycle.

You do an event in the game and CoF opens up. Does it STAY OPEN. No. You have to open it.

As long as CoF is open, ie the event is done, you can play CoF. When CoF is closed , you can’t because you have to do the event.

If you’re not willfully misinterpreting it to try to make some kind of point or rile me up, you didn’t think about it, you just read words and didn’t apply any kind of in game logic to it.

Basically anything in this game that you need to do events to open up eventually closes and you have to do the events again.

“readily available, on-demand content to experience, regardless of the current state of the open world.”

“regardless of the current state of the open world.”

“regardless”

That quote implies you’d have to do certain events/unlock outposts only once and get an adventure that’ll be unlocked forever. That’s the only way that paragraph can be read. Certainly, it does not allow for the adventure to close based upon the current state of the open world. Because, again: “regardless of the current state of the open world.”