worth?

worth?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AIex.4105

AIex.4105

is this new expansion worth getting?

Last time I played was bored to death by the game, wvw was for me “meh run like a tar*”, only thing I like is build balistas,catapults,etc but are waste of time since it costs too much to build and easy to destroy, I abused Ranger so much in pvp that i got bored to death, main story line was so repetitive that I could not stand it. Dungens were ok not so boring as fractals.

Im not interested in making new characters since I only like guardian and ranger. So is worth getting?, I liked the PVE event that we had to kill 6 boses and 1v1 against other minibosses, forgat the name of event, was entertaining and gived decent rewars, things like this I would like to see in the exp.

Dont think im total noob, played alot the game and managed to get 1 legendary, but after the mat grind I was sick of the game and realy could not stand it anymore, so im just asking if is worth.

(edited by AIex.4105)

worth?

Posted by: Derenek.8931

Derenek.8931

There’s obviously less story and map content than the original game and the price is the same. So if you’re bored of the gameplay, ummm….

There’s a couple new PvP game types, a new WvW map, and a new character class. Revenant is a heavy armor class like guardian….

But if you hate the grind, it really sounds like HoT is designed from the ground up to be for grinding. Grinding for legendary and ascended item mats. Grind for guildhall upgrades. Grind to unlock enough points to get lore about races we don’t get to play as. Grind more and grind longer.

So if you like the gameplay, it’ll be worth it. If not, you’ll die of boredom.

worth?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Only you can decide whether the expansion is worth it. That said, a lot of people here will consider it to be worth it to them.

A full list of features can be found here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns

In addition, there a lot of videos and reviews of the expansion because of the 3 betas so have a look at that.

worth?

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Worth is a very important, and yet vague term. What for someone is worth nothing, for someone else is worth treasure. Only you can decide the worth of something.

It is a bit like money. The value of money is only in our heads, a value set and put by others. The only difference here is that you decide if expansion is worth getting or not, or if some parts of it are entertaining for you, or not.

To help you decide, read the website, as it already contains some information about the expansion:
www.guildwars2.com

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

worth?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

This last week now before release Anet will shoot out information of things that have allready been talked about about in HoT. Before you buy it I advice you to iether read and look at these coming blogposts and streams or you can go to Youtube and find Guild Wars 2 channel and look there for all the information.

After that decide for yourself what you think but to me it sounds like GW2 isn’t just the game for you, what you didn’t like wont change that much becouse to me it sounds like you allready made up your mind to dislike GW2.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

worth?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s only 50€, so why not. A meal for two in my country.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

worth?

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

10% of an average monthtly wage in my country.

worth?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Both on mine. Yep, unequality on berserker gear.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

worth?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

is this new expansion worth getting?

Last time I played was bored to death by the game, wvw was for me “meh run like a tar*”, only thing I like is build balistas,catapults,etc but are waste of time since it costs too much to build and easy to destroy, I abused Ranger so much in pvp that i got bored to death, main story line was so repetitive that I could not stand it. Dungens were ok not so boring as fractals.
Dont think im total noob, played alot the game and managed to get 1 legendary, but after the mat grind I was sick of the game and realy could not stand it anymore, so im just asking if is worth.

I actually find the game fun to play and I have been playing since the beta/headstart 3 yrs ago. I play almost every day, usually a few hours a day.
It was worth it for both my husband and I both to pay the $100 for the Ultimate edition.

Honestly if you are not having fun then why play?

worth?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

You must be from balkan too then

worth?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

@OP. For you, based on what you wrote, no, it’s not worth you getting the expansion.
Based on what you wrote you are done with this game. It happens.