would it be smart to buy a slot now?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

Q:

so with he new expansion pack coming out i have been preparing stuff for my future revenant and i was wondering if it would be wise to buy a new character slot now or wait? i’m not sure if there will be a free character slot like guild wars 1 did per game u purchase if it doesn’kittens fine would just like to know ahead of time

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

A:

Wait to see if they do a sell on slots. If that time comes around and they have not released any info about additional character slots i would say go ahead and get it

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

probably couldn’t hurt to go ahead and buy one. not very helpful, i know. but we don’t know enough about what will be included in HOT to make an accurate prediction. Personally, I went ahead and got another slot after getting all other profs to 80.

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Why would you get one now unless you wanted to use it for key farming or something while you wait for the expansion? If you buy that slot and it sits empty till the expansion is released what was the point? There is a chance the expansion gives you a slot or character slots could go on sale in that time and you would have wasted money for nothing. You will likely not be given a refund if you buy one now and the expansion comes with one so if you don’t need the slot now just wait.

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Why buy another slot now when the profession you want is not even out yet? Just wait until they announce if its included. If its not then you can buy it.

I’d bet anything that the expansion will include a slot though. That would be pretty kitteny of Anet to make a new profession but not include a slot.

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Yeah, they’ll kitten their customers off if we buy an expansion that does not even include at least one new character slot. They keyword is “buy” the expansion…it should come with at least that minimum value of another character slot.