7th Elder Dragon?

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: eligecos.8429

eligecos.8429

This is all pure speculation and theory, but what if all the ley energy leaking from Tyria is actually a 7th elder dragon trying to coalesce into one while the 6 are trying to hold it back?

The 6 dragons are known to consume all the magic in Tyria until it is at a low level. Is this cycle meant to actually hold something back that could do more harm than good if all elder dragons were killed?

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Oh man, I guess we gotta all pull old enemies together to face an even greater threat that we can’t defeat alone, huh?

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unlikely. The Elder Dragons by all indication aren’t acting with the goal of balancing magic – that seems to be more of a side effect of their nature of consuming magic, which is seemingly common among all draconic beings (there are hints that there was a race of dragons in the distant past, beyond even what we saw in Cantha in GW1).

The Elder Dragons were probably once actual beings before becoming eldritch abominations, maybe even indirectly replacing older Elder Dragons like we see Tequatl possibly trying to fill the void Zhaitan had left (so not the same situation as Kormir replacing Abaddon or Grenth replacing Dhuum).

Magic coalescing seems to be more akin to the formation of elementals – which we know form in places of high ambient magical energy – though a lot more powerful. Someone on the forums (think it was Aaron) theorized that this may even be how djinn were made in the distant past.

Killing the Elder Dragons would be harmful, if we don’t find an alternative method of balancing magic, but I would rather take it at face value for what we’ve been told will happen: the world falls into chaos with too much magic, and crumbles into darkness with too little magic.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Not me… lessee… looks like it was Narcemus building on something Randulf suggested.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Loki.9462

Loki.9462

I would agree with Konig. I would put it like this: the world in GW is like a rubber baloon that can store only limited volume of water. If you try to put more and more in it, it will start to leak. Elder Dragons in that case are additional containers that held excess of water – when we started to kill them, we poured all the water at once into the balloon. And that is how i see what is happening now with ley energy.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, that was me, Konig, and I continued to take it even a step farther in theorizing that magic may be the source of all sentient life. Though I would highly doubt that I was the first to theorize that Djinn may have been created that way. It is really just a short leap to go from areas of high magical concentration create Elementals to areas of higher magical concentration creating Djinn. Or Djinn being Elementals that have lived long enough to gain sentience, or perhaps have accumulated more magic after being “born” until such a point that they gained sentience.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Inb4: when all dragons are killed, magic surges are so powerful that the planet turns into a gigantic dragon. /kappa

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Or the fabric of reality is merely torn to shreds and Tyria as we know it is gone.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think Thaumanova Reactor explosion may be a good indication of what happens when magic overloads.

In the fractal, we see it create some sort of sapient lightning elemental – not dissimilar to djinn and seems to be a more advanced stage of the ley line coalescences – and in the city itself we see magic turning toxic, causing water bubbles to appear in the air adjacent to a landscape that’s been frozen adjacent to a land that’s had rapid natural growth adjacent to an area that’s been scorched. We see creatures being teleported in an out randomly.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

We don’t know how many elder dragons their really are. If the domains of the Elder dragons are proportional to their geographic reach, there should be several other elder dragons that are ‘off the map’.

The oceans alone should have room enough for dozens. We know almost nothing about ‘bubbles’. There is no reason to assume that all the worlds oceans would hold just one.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The All shows only 6 bodies of power which are tied to the Elder Dragons. And all historical lore on the previous dragonrise(s) indicate six Elder Dragons.

The question is not “how many Elder Dragons are there” but rather “why did they clump up at Tyria?”

Historical lore actually shows that most of Central Tyria was likely Kralkatorrik’s domain – including Orr, the then Crystal Sea, and Charr Homelands (now called Blood Legion Homelands) and everything inbetween. This coming from: Kralkatorrik bled in the Crystal Sea/Desert in some ancient battle (said in Edge of Destiny), hibernated in the Blood Legion Homelands, and its champion (Glaust) was found in Arah (as indicated in Arah explorable’s Forgotten path).

Only Kralkatorrik and Primordus really show heavy involvement in Tyria in the distant past, and Primordus’ was in the ancient dwarven lore, except for where Zhaitan and Mordremoth fell asleep and the minions they left behind. Jormag had some small informed involvement, again in ancient dwarven lore and in Drakkar’s hibernation location, but that level of involvement seems similar to what Primordus is doing now.

There’s pretty much zero indication that Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and the DSD had any involvement with Central Tyria until they were close to hibernation (and even then, the DSD still had minimal to no involvement). The most involvement in Central Tyria in the past is shown in the fact that they hibernated in Central Tyria, and the previous races knew of them (and they might’ve only known of them due to Glint and them hibernating near Tyria – or far away civilizations the ancient races traded with being wiped out by them, etc.).

Which implies that, for some reason, half of the Elder Dragons went to Central Tyria at the end of the last dragonrise, but prior were far more spread out than we see them in GW2.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Which implies that, for some reason, half of the Elder Dragons went to Central Tyria at the end of the last dragonrise, but prior were far more spread out than we see them in GW2.

If all the Elder Dragons have the ability to gain the knowledge of an individual that they corrupted, I can see them all invading Central Tyria in a mad dash to stop the creation of the Bloodstone after they gained that information. Because an ultimate weapon that would be them in a state of indefinite hibernation? That’s a threat that deserves the upmost attention from all of them.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Nobody can beat Devastator, so you have to hit him hard enough to separate him into the Constructicons and then put them to sleep. XD

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

If all the Elder Dragons have the ability to gain the knowledge of an individual that they corrupted, I can see them all invading Central Tyria in a mad dash to stop the creation of the Bloodstone after they gained that information. Because an ultimate weapon that would be them in a state of indefinite hibernation? That’s a threat that deserves the upmost attention from all of them.

I would agree that the likeliest reason for them coming close to central Tyria would have to do with the creation of the bloodstone and/or perhaps the Tyrian Civilizations hidden by Glint were the last life forms to survive, so the dragons came to try and find them in their last known location.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: JMNZ.7619

JMNZ.7619

This is all pure speculation and theory, but what if all the ley energy leaking from Tyria is actually a 7th elder dragon trying to coalesce into one while the 6 are trying to hold it back?

The 6 dragons are known to consume all the magic in Tyria until it is at a low level. Is this cycle meant to actually hold something back that could do more harm than good if all elder dragons were killed?

bro, by any chance you watch Naruto?
This aren’t tail beasts, just saying

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

VergilDeZaniah.3295

If would be fun each ED is in fact the guardian of a greater power (as seen of The All, each letter is in/near a bigger circle) and by killing them we’re just dooming Tyria \o/

Son of Elonia.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If would be fun each ED is in fact the guardian of a greater power (as seen of The All, each letter is in/near a bigger circle) and by killing them we’re just dooming Tyria \o/

Obviously the Elder Dragons slowly developed as Tyria’s immune system, and once they’re all dead; those angelic/demonic figures that GW2 was originally going to have as antagonists are going to come out of the Mists and destroy the world. The “corrupted” Elder Dragon magic is actually a deterrent.

It all makes sense now….

/Sage Nod

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Obviously the Elder Dragons slowly developed as Tyria’s immune system, and once they’re all dead; those angelic/demonic figures that GW2 was originally going to have as antagonists are going to come out of the Mists and destroy the world. The “corrupted” Elder Dragon magic is actually a deterrent.

It all makes sense now….

/Sage Nod

REPENT, MORTALS! Eternal suffering is upon us!

Son of Elonia.

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, you’re actually not wrong. To all we know, at least.

Each Elder Dragon is tied to a sphere of power, but they are not that sphere of power by all indications – some theorize those spheres of power are in fact spirit realms, others (jotun) tie them to stars. The true identity of the spheres of power is unknown, ultimately, but they don’t seem to be the Elder Dragons themselves.

And killing the Elder Dragons does doom Tyria because it results in too much magic in the world, resulting in the world falling into chaos. We’re seeing the beginning of this happening now, by all indications, with the overflowing ley energies.

Dear ANet writers,

7th Elder Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

If the elder dragons are the immune system of Tyria it seems the races on Tyria especially the five ones are the germs that became to strong for the immune system to handle them. It happened because Glint saved a lot of the previous ones and gave them time to adapt and gain knowledge that was later taken by the new races.
The new races became so strong now that there some individuals that can fight a champion of a Elder Dragon and win and I mean individuals.