A Question about Ebonhawk...

in Lore

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Looking to the Lore “experts” here to get a General opinion about how you think the citizens of Ebonhawk would react to a Krytan Noble of Canthan descent moving to the city.

I’m a part-time Role-player, and I have a Character that is a “Krytan Noble of Canthan descent” I was planning on having her move to LA, but LA is too busy.. So I have instead thought of moving her to EB.. But.. I am not sure how the people of EB would treat her..

Any insight or input would be helpful.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Hard to say, but given Asalonian pride they may see her as an outsider – especially the Separatist sympathizers.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Ascalonians are proud people who usually think of themselves as the ‘heroes of humanity’. Adelbern outcasted Rurik because he couldn’t accept Ascalonians to live in the shadow of Kryta, which is actually happening atm. A part of the Seraph called Fallen Angles are taking over the barracks of Ebonhawke while putting on pressure to push Ascalonians forward the treaty.

Kryta helps them a lot nowadays, and they are grateful for the asura gate and the treaty (mostly), but none of them actually likes the presence of Kryta. They aren’t hostile, but they clearly not 100% fine with that.

But I think some of them would even like that there’s someone who, after decades, is not leaving the fortress but is moving in. Some may see this as hope for a new beginning or some as Kryta is expanding and absorbing Ascalon. It really depends on people.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

the people from ebonhawke aren’t particularly fond of krytans, despite all the help the latter give them. don’t think canthan descent would help or worsen the situation.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

the people from ebonhawke aren’t particularly fond of krytans, despite all the help the latter give them. don’t think canthan descent would help or worsen the situation.

I wouldn’t think they’d care about Canthan descent, and would be suspicious of a Krytan noble. After all, Queen Jennah brokered the peace treaty which has roughly half of the city riled up.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

The problem is, even if you are of Canthan descent, you have lived in Kryta for a very long time. From their perspective you are just another Krytan with a little bit of Canthan flair.

in Lore

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

My Norn walked into Ascalon settlement after single-handedly slaughtering the army of centaur besieging it only to have an old woman tell her to get out, you’re not Ascalonian.

Yeah, your character might get along better than my nine-foot battering ram, but if they don’t like you, nothing you can possibly do will make them rethink their bigotry.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Lore

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

Well.. You can’t please all the people all of the time anyhow… So.. that is not too much of a problem.

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t think Ebonhawk is a good place for any noble, of Krytan descend or otherwise. The place is constantly at war with the Charr. What would a noble be doing there? Aren’t most of the people there either soldiers or farmers? The place was literally made by the last inch of resistance of former Ascalon, the people who stayed behind to fight. It is no place for any nobility. These people do not live in wealth, they live in constant war. The threat of the Elder Dragons and his minions, along with the Charr, constantly looms at their gate. I think everyone that lives there makes some sort of contribution to the survival of it’s people. Fancy titles are worth nothing in Ebonhawk I think. They seem like the sort of people who only want to know if you can wield a sword. Otherwise, they’d probably send you back to Divinity’s Reach, where people drink wine from expensive gilded goblets.

If you are Krytan, you’d probably do best to keep it to yourself in Ebonhawk, as people would probably look at you with some suspicion. And if you’re noble on top of that, then you really want to keep that to yourself. I can’t think of any reason why any noble would want to be there, when Dinivity’s Reach is just one step away.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

I don’t think Ebonhawk is a good place for any noble, of Krytan descend or otherwise. The place is constantly at war with the Charr. What would a noble be doing there? Aren’t most of the people there either soldiers or farmers? The place was literally made by the last inch of resistance of former Ascalon, the people who stayed behind to fight. It is no place for any nobility. These people do not live in wealth, they live in constant war. The threat of the Elder Dragons and his minions, along with the Charr, constantly looms at their gate. I think everyone that lives there makes some sort of contribution to the survival of it’s people. Fancy titles are worth nothing in Ebonhawk I think. They seem like the sort of people who only want to know if you can wield a sword. Otherwise, they’d probably send you back to Divinity’s Reach, where people drink wine from expensive gilded goblets.

Actually, there’s a ceasefire (3 years now) and the whole Fields of Ruin (and a bit of Blazeridge steppes) is going to be in human hands. And you can see some noobles ‘chilling out’ in a balcony next to a pipe organ.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

There are quite a few Ascalonian nobles in Ebonhawke. Mostly generic ‘Noble’ NPCs, but IIRC, there’s one called Elise Fairchild who speaks of how much she doesn’t like Queen Jennah bossing around with her Fallen Angels.

But I agree that the nobility there are not your run-of-the-mill nobles who will fret if the hem of their skirt gets dirty – so no Farens. The war surely have steeled those noble families through the centuries.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think a lot of those Ascalonians nobles are also battle hardened soldiers. And they probably don’t carry their nobility on their chests. I think if you’re one of the few surviving members of an Ascalon noble family, then you and your ancestors probably were made of tough stuff. It means they endured, and stayed behind to fight, while everyone else fled to the safety of Kryta.

And while there may be a ceasefire (even if is for 3 years now), it is not a peace. It is still very much a fortress that is ready for war. And it is not exactly inviting Charr over for tea and biscuits.

So being a Krytan noble is not the same as being an Ascalon(ian) noble. You are not on equal footing. These people fought for their legacy, and paid for it with blood.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Actually, there’s a ceasefire (3 years now) and the whole Fields of Ruin (and a bit of Blazeridge steppes) is going to be in human hands. And you can see some noobles ‘chilling out’ in a balcony next to a pipe organ.

Two years, tops.

The ceasefire started after the end of Ghosts of Ascalon, which took place one year prior to GW2 (1324 AE), a year has passed gametime wise (roughly) placing us in 1326 AE.

Though instead of fighting charr, the ogres moved in almost immediately after the ceasefire began..

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Two years, tops.

The ceasefire started after the end of Ghosts of Ascalon, which took place one year prior to GW2 (1324 AE), a year has passed gametime wise (roughly) placing us in 1326 AE.

Though instead of fighting charr, the ogres moved in almost immediately after the ceasefire began..

Yes but at least Ogres don’t put up siege engines against the fort-city. Still dangerous outside, but where isn’t?

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

going by Sea of Sorrows, there have been more than one attempt at a treaty/ceasefire. none of them succeeded.

sure, this one’s going strong for 3 years, but half of ebonhawke has something to say about it, and it’s still a touchy subject that could blow up at any moment.

of course, in gameplay terms we know it’ll never happen, at least not within GW2’s timeline, but for the in-game characters, who can’t see through the 4th wall, the treaty is like dynamite waiting to explode.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Since Ebon Hawke was build by Gwen and inhabited by her decendants and decendants of the ebon falcons, they should welkome her as long as she is on their side and wants humanity to have a foothold in ascalon and is not an descendant of the Krytan white mantle.