A new pale tree?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

speculation

when orr is cleansed by treaherne the plants start to regrow and a large plant grows around where treaherne plants Caladbolg into the ground and a large plant quickly springs forth, could this be another pale tree type thing doubtful, as we saw in guild was 1 what the pale tree looked like as it was growing and it looked nothing like the thing treaherne made. But then what was the plant that was created from this?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I think it was more showing life coming back to Orr more than anything else. We do not know how the Pale Tree reproduces, but we know that it came from a seed originally, and part of me doubts that it would grow a new one from a thorn (which Caladbog is described to be). Not to say it’s not possible, just not likely.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

The plant is…likely just a plant. A symbol and the first step to a new, living ecosystem (Risen Gorillas and whatnot gave me the impression that Orr was probably quite tropical in its heyday, but I’m not certain). Maguuma plants have a history of springing up pretty fast :P

I think Trahearne’s goal is simply to restore life, and I don’t see why it needs to be anything more magical or mystical than that.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Although I will admit that a Pale Tree growing in the ruins of an Elder Dragon’s realm is honestly a great symbol of the Pale Tree’s ultimate victory

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Although I will admit that a Pale Tree growing in the ruins of an Elder Dragon’s realm is honestly a great symbol of the Pale Tree’s ultimate victory

I don’t know, it’s possible the Mother would not like a rival, especially a rival grown in an even more innately magical area of Tyria than her own :P I think a subordinate tree works better!

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: oneeyedirishman.6835

oneeyedirishman.6835

I don’t know, it’s possible the Mother would not like a rival, especially a rival grown in an even more innately magical area of Tyria than her own :P I think a subordinate tree works better!

In one of the Sylvari personal quests early in the game you meet a Sylvari named Malyck with no memory of the Pale Tree or the dream. You come to learn that he is an outsider to the Grove, born from another mother tree at the source of a river far from the Grove. We have not yet seen this tree, but it’s been revealed that there are other such trees as the Pale Tree out there. Caithe hides this from the public because if the Nightmare Court found out, she fears they would just destroy the Grove and move on to try to find these other trees to corrupt instead.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Malyck is a blessing and a curse to the Nightmare Court. on one hand, his existence proves they don’t have to rely on the Pale Tree for new recruits. on the other hand, his mentality proves that their theory about Ventari’s Tablet is most likely wrong

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Who says the Pale Tree would see it as a rival? I mean we obviously know that not all Sylvari are good, but other Pale Tree’s are known to exist. I’m more inclined to think that she would see them as kin. And if they were friendly (barring the existence of a fully corrupted Nightmare Court Pale Tree) she would treat them the same. Plus what mother wouldn’t want her first true child to have the chance to grow up even stronger than herself.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

Well remember, Caladbolg is a piece of the Pale Tree, so…… Speculate!

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

It’s a thorn, thorn’s aren’t always known to take root and grow :P

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I’d rather that Trahearne himself turns into a new Pale Tree so that we don’t ever, ever have to suffer through his company on our adventures ever again!!!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

And image appears

Two Trahearns at the end of a long hallway.

Come play with us Oglaf. Forever, and ever.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I’d rather that Trahearne himself turns into a new Pale Tree so that we don’t ever, ever have to suffer through his company on our adventures ever again!!!

No. Nonono. NO!

Imagine the Sylvari storyline in an expansion or even Guild Wars 3: Trahearne as old and wise Pale Tree and the player character regularly seeks his guidance as part of the story. Trahearne would be probably a part of a Sylvari “Pantheon” along with (the at least two) other Pale Trees … just like Kormir…

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s a thorn, thorn’s aren’t always known to take root and grow :P

Bark, technically, but your point still stands.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Oglaf.1074

No. Nonono. NO!

Imagine the Sylvari storyline in an expansion or even Guild Wars 3: Trahearne as old and wise Pale Tree and the player character regularly seeks his guidance as part of the story. Trahearne would be probably a part of a Sylvari “Pantheon” along with (the at least two) other Pale Trees … just like Kormir…

I’d rather him being reduced to a “mentor” or “adviser” type character than the main character of the story arch.

And I’m Norn; I don’t give a dolyak’s kitten about the Sylvari storyline!

Do you even lift, bro?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

You don’t get it Oglaf… in 250 years, during Guild Wars 3, the sylvari would have outnumbered the other races by their hundreds of newborn sylvari a day birthrates that they drove the “simple animal” races to near extinction simply by shear numbers.

GW3 will feature but one race as playable: sylvari.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Oglaf.1074

Considering Trahearne’s combat “prowess”, I don’t think so. I mean, he is the creme de la creme with a fancy legendary Saladbowl-type sword and he can’t kill anything.

Do you even lift, bro?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Trahearne’s a scholar, not a fighter. Caithe’s closer to the “creme de la creme.” (also, Trahearne kills plenty for me, and dies seldomly, compared to how folks complain about him – he only dies if I let him solo 3+ enemies (fewer if vet/champ is included) and hell, he’s solo’d a champ or two in my personal story before – ‘sides, he can’t be some super-powered NPC for the same reason Destiny’s Edge can’t be, they’d make the game easymode (well, supereasymode – it’s already easymode)).

Dear ANet writers,

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Oglaf.1074

Do you even lift, bro?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yes, really. Trahearne has died on me in the past, but he’s never died with only one or two foes on him (unless it was an abomination). Clearly that video was rigged. Or my Trahearne beats the snot out of all of yous’ Trahearnes.

Dear ANet writers,

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Oglaf.1074

Stage one: Denial

:3

Do you even lift, bro?

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I gotta agree with Konig. I remember playing through a story where I was constantly reviving all of my NPC allies, and I could do it because Trahearn was soloing all the enemies while I brought the allies back to life. He was totally kicking kitten.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Trahearne was kicking kittens? So much for being a hero.

… So that’s why there are three cats in his office…

Dear ANet writers,

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Nope, just kitten, not kittens. He’s not mean enough to kick multiple ones, just one individual one. He’s not a hero, he’s the leader of a military organization. He’s definitely the barbaric personality type, LMAO.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Trahearne has an equal share of survival-against-throngs and kormir-level-suicide in my Personal Story. especially in my most recent run (remake of my Sylvari ranger) he is able to hold his own against 4 (normal) enemies at a time with little help

btw, does anyone remember if the model for Caladbolg used to be the green (T2) cultural greatsword? it’s the bark (T3) one now but i think my first sylvari was carrying around a green one (with him being ele, i doubt it was the “Avenger’s Sword” one)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Don’t know, I refused to play sylvari in the beta’s because I wanted the sylvari experience to be 100% new when the game got released. I had started to feel a little bit bored with the starter zones and such through the first and second beta weekends.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Caladbolg is and always was a unique model.

@Narcemus: You wouldn’t have gotten Caladbolg in the BWEs, since it’s only in the lvl 26 and 28 storylines.

Dear ANet writers,

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Ah that’s true, I just assumed that’s what he was talking about. Forgot it didn’t appear until the Orders storyline.

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically, it appears just before the Orders storyline. Unless you’re counting the racial storylines that deal with all three orders as part of the Orders storyline (most don’t since they’re still race-specific).

Dear ANet writers,

A new pale tree?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I consider it the Orders Storyline personally because it’s the storyline about choosing through the 3 orders. It’s the names I personally give them.