Loremasters?

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Rils.7368

Rils.7368

Quick and random question – are Ree and Jeff still Loremasters at ANet? During development of GW2 we heard from them all the time, but I can’t remember seeing anything from them recently… Seems like its Angel and her team now. Not that there’s anything wrong with Angel, she’s great, just curious what happened to the originals!

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Define “Lore masters.”

Jeff and Ree are the Lore Continuity writers. Their job is just to make sure there’s minimal contradictions in the writing.

The writing team – which includes the self-called “lore master” Angel McCoy – has expanded past them for quite some time. Either since Ree and Jeff were hired with Nightfall’s development or during Eye of the North. Known writers off the top of my head other than those three include Bobby Stein (who I think was here since Prophecies), Scott McGough, Peter Fries, and John Ryan.

I think it’s only Bobby, Angel, and Scott who are in charged of the overarching plot storylines nowadays. At least in regards to the Living Story.

From what we’re told, Jeff and Ree are working on some unknown project.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

König is the resident Loremaster in the forum. Good enough for me.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Konig Des Todes IS the Loremaster of Guild Wars.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Can we start a partition to get Konig hired at Anet, assuming he wants the position? Oh and Drax too!

noice

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

He may or may not want the position, but boy would access to the Guild Wars Lore Database be very tempting… *Salivates

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

But can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Yes he can and he wrote a 20 page essay on the subject.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I’m still waiting for him to publish his thesis about it.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Yes he can and he wrote a 20 page essay on the subject.

Awww so much love! You better marry him then, there is still a cozy spot down in his crypt. :P

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The direction of this thread has gone in a… uh… coughs interesting direction.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Looking at the Personal Story and the Living Story updates I think the Loremasters office is down the hall… and down the stairs… 10 floors down… in the basement… behind a trashcan…

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i think arenanet should maybe do a poll or competition (best story wins) to ask us what happens next in the living story, the main selling point of which for me was that the players would determine where it would go, we’ve only had the choice once as i can remember it and looking at my signature, it didnt go well for me

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Loremasters?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I doubt that such would not only ever occur, but could even work.

There’d be so many lore breaking submissions, let alone just outright terrible ideas, that the game would be ruined if any of those are picked… and sadly, despite ArenaNet’s “no retcon,” they very well may end up doing just that…

It’s rather amazing how many things they’ve said about their story that they seem to be redacting now. With the excuse of “Guild Wars 2 is not human-centric, like Guild Wars 1 was.”

Dear ANet writers,

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

They’re doing everything in their power to make in “non-human-centric” that it’s killing the lore.

And this makes me mad.

noice

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Things I think we need more of: Humans and their gods, Mursaat, Seers, other ancient races, the Elder Dragons themselves, and the Lich and/or Shiro re-appearing with a speech about how the Gate of Madness was merely a setback.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Loremasters?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

See, the idea that you have to push away the human centric lore in order to promote the other races is a problem. The best way to promote other races would be bringing up the old human centric lore and giving spot lights from the other races to show how it effected them, if it effected them at all. If not, then show some interest from them in the subject or something to promote them without just forgetting what is already built into the game.