Aetherblade Air Fleet (AAF) Location?

in Lore

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

This is a speculation thread. So if you want solid 100% prove look elsewhere. :P

The airships of the Aetherblade Air Fleet (AAF) were being produced in Twilight Arbor. That facility is now destroyed, but many airship made it out.

Location on the map:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/97/Tyria_map_with_zones.jpg

The AAF cannot fly though a major city without being seen. I am wondering where they are now. I see a few possible location.

1) Bloodstone Fen
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Fen

In this scenario, the AAF sailed north west toward the bloodstone in the Maguuma jungle. They are there to perhaps harvest the energy and magic inside the bloodstone. They may also be working with the White Mantles and Mursaats in the area. Or maybe the AAF are indeed the remnants of the White Mantle as some players suggested.

Predicted next attack target: Divinity’s Reach.
Objective: Capture Queen Jennah and restore White Mantle rule over Kryta.

2) Labyrinthine Cliffs
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Labyrinthine_Cliffs
http://www.guildmag.com/wp-content/uploads/gw011.jpg

In this scenario the AAF sailed south east to Labyrinthine Cliffs. Thanks to its natural height this location makes a perfect base for airships. The AAF is probably working closely with the Inquest in the CoE nearby. The AAF may or may not have attacked and win over the Zephyr Sanctum.

Predicted next attack target: Black Citadel.
Objective: Capture Charr production facilities and make more war machines for world conquest.

3) Ring of Fire
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Abaddon%27s_Mouth_

In this scenario, the AAF sailed south west to Ring of Fire. They are there to harvest energy and magic from the bloodstone in RoF. They maybe also be trying to bring Titans under their control (with some device from Scarlet).

Predicted next attack target: Rata Sum
Objective: Bring the whole Asura sociality under Inquest control.

4) Orr

In this scenario, the AAF flew to Orr, and use the local Risen minions as protection. They maybe doing something with Zhaitan, perhaps harvesting energy and magic from his dead corpse.

Predicted next attack target: Lion’s Arch
Objective: Destroy the central Asuran gate network hub, in effect destroying all the Asuran gates in the whole Tyria.

5) Labyrinthine Cliffs and Orr

In this scenario the AFF sent half their forces to LC and the other half to Orr. This is their grand strategy to destroy the whole Tyria.

Predicted next attack target: Ebonhawke, follow immediately by Lion’s Arch. This is followed up by Rate Sum and Divinity’s Reach.
Objective1: AFF at LC will attack Ebonhawke to draw the Pact forces there.
Objective 2: AFF at Orr will attack Lion’s Arch to disable all the Asuran gates in the whole Tyria. The Pact troops in Ebonhawke will literally be trapped. They must walk their way back.
Objective 3: AFF takes Rata Sum and Divinity’s Reach before the Pact forces can make it back in time. The Inquest would already be ruling over Asuran society and the White Mantle ruling over the whole Kryta.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Hm… I think we can rule out Orr and the Ring of Fire- you don’t want to moor by active volcanoes (although being in the air would seem to obviate that problem, the flying lava rocks present as much a hazard as encroaching lava) or within the hub of interest and activity of the most powerful of your potential enemies. Remote, uninhabited places like Bloodstone… Gorge? (doesn’t look like a fen anymore, at any rate) and Labyrinthine Cliffs certainly have much to be said for them… but I would suggest another possibility.

We know, from this latest patch, that Scarlet seems to have an interest in setting up a base in the Mists. And for those who have beta access to Edge of the Mists, or have watched those who have (I’ll hazard pointing you to Wooden Potatoes if you haven’t)… there is quite a bit of Aetherblade architecture in the desert corner, even down to a docked airship with Aetherblade markings. Now, it’s not a perfect theory- the area is populated with ogres, not sky pirates- but maybe it was an abandoned first attempt? And if so, maybe the second has worked out by now?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

CHIPS.6018

Hm… I think we can rule out Orr and the Ring of Fire- you don’t want to moor by active volcanoes (although being in the air would seem to obviate that problem, the flying lava rocks present as much a hazard as encroaching lava) or within the hub of interest and activity of the most powerful of your potential enemies. Remote, uninhabited places like Bloodstone… Gorge? (doesn’t look like a fen anymore, at any rate) and Labyrinthine Cliffs certainly have much to be said for them… but I would suggest another possibility.

We know, from this latest patch, that Scarlet seems to have an interest in setting up a base in the Mists. And for those who have beta access to Edge of the Mists, or have watched those who have (I’ll hazard pointing you to Wooden Potatoes if you haven’t)… there is quite a bit of Aetherblade architecture in the desert corner, even down to a docked airship with Aetherblade markings. Now, it’s not a perfect theory- the area is populated with ogres, not sky pirates- but maybe it was an abandoned first attempt? And if so, maybe the second has worked out by now?

Interesting theory and observation. I wonder what the AAF are doing over in the Crystal Desert. Are they working with Kralkatorrik or Joko? :P

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think the desert corner of the Edge of the Mists is meant to represent the Crystal Desert – at least not perfectly. The lack of undead or anything we had previously seen in the Crystal Desert shows for that – unless the giants we saw in GW1 are as I’ve suspected: ogres. And even if so, the jungle corner doesn’t seem to hold what we know to be in any jungle witnessed in GW1 nor GW2 what with the grawl presence.

Anyways, as to where the Aetherblades’ base is… they could easily be anywhere, honestly. Remember June content? They had an entire base within a mountain/cliff – two in fact (one each, specifically) – both hidden by holographic projections that made the mountain look as solid as it had been previously. They could easily be mining out some tall mountain in the Shiverpeaks and just have some of their Inquest-made hologram projectors.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Interesting theory and observation. I wonder what the AAF are doing over in the Crystal Desert. Are they working with Kralkatorrik or Joko? :P

The mists is not the Crystal Desert… :P
Also a Dragon wouldn’t “work” with an organisation, it would simply corrupt them. I also somewhat doubt Joko would work with anyone, considering how large his army is likely to be and considering he most likely has total control over Elona at this stage (unless Kralk is pushing into his land).

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

But… but… Scarlet! Don’t hate on the Arid Alliance!

On a serious note, though, I agree with Konig and Foxx. None of the WvW zones appear to be reflections of anything specific in Tyria. All five are such an assorted jumble that they’re only accurately described as their own place. In this case, though, I think the Aetherblade stuff was deliberately built within the Mists, rather than being copied from the real world.

And it just occurred to me- we’ve already witnessed Scarlet directing attention to the WvW zones. Remember the stalks out there, and how Scarlet was present at them via hologram? In light of new information, I would bet that those events were depictions of her scouting out the territory.

… Just not with gold. My wallet is just coming off of life support from my last bet.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I seem to remember Scarlet getting airships through a portal at the Queen’s Jubilee? If that’s reusable technology then there’s really no limit to where they could be.

in Lore

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Or they retreat over Southsun Cove, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom (Refueling at the Inquest base and taking supplies for a long journey) and Straits of Devastation to the south. On this route they avoid the Ring of fire which volcano ashes could damage the engine. Once they are past Orr their airships can use the natural winds and save a lot of fuel which increase their range vastly. From there they got 3 options:

1. Istan: Its the closest destination but the situation on the Island is probably very instable during the reign of Palawa Yoko. Also the Order of Whispers got their agents in Elona.

2. Battle Isles: Its mostly not inhabited and gives enough space for a airbase. Since the local Zaishen wont take any refugees its rather unlikely they will stay there. (unless they fight them but then they would have to face the Canthanian army. And with their current state they are not ready to fight an army that big)
Maybe they just stop there to refill their supplies. (Its unknown on which level the Canthanian technology is but they probably dont have fuel)

3. Cantha: Its the destination with the longest way to travel but this makes it the savest. The people of Cantha dont know anything about the AAF or the Aetherblades during the seabarrier of risen minions. The Aetherblades could establish a base there without any problems and even strongly influence the emperor of Cantha to their advantage. This would be the by far most dangerous possibility. Imagine the whole Canthanian army, equipped with modern gear and indoctrinated by the Aetherblades, would attack Tyria. Even with the Pact and the additional reinforcements from all 5 races it would be very hard to repell a invasion of this scale.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

But all three of those options basically amount to fleeing Tyria (the continent), their only source of profit and the hub of all of their interests. We’ve dealt them a setback, but not nearly enough to send them whimpering into the unknown with their tails between their legs.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Also I would love to know how the Aetherblades would be able to dock in Cantha despite being a multi-racial organisation >.>

Also considering the Luxons had turtle canons I would imagine that Cantha’s technology has exceeded Tyria’s over the last 250 years… Maybe (hopefully)

in Lore

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

The current emperor is obsviously seeking for more power. He reunited Cantha and reconquered the Kurzicks and Luxons. I think in time of civil war there isnt much potential for new technologies especially when they dont have access to laboratorys like the asuras. Also the pact develeoped a very progressive technology in less than a year.
I would think that the emperor would be impressed by the AAF and “allows” them to set up a “temporarily” base on Shing Jea.
Also the Aetherblades are not stupid, they know they dont have a chance to stand the pact at their current state. And with Scarlet (One of the worst employers in Tyria) AND the pact on their kitten they cant really rebuild themself without getting disturbed and attacked.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

The current emperor is obsviously seeking for more power. He reunited Cantha and reconquered the Kurzicks and Luxons. I think in time of civil war there isnt much potential for new technologies especially when they dont have access to laboratorys like the asuras. Also the pact develeoped a very progressive technology in less than a year.
I would think that the emperor would be impressed by the AAF and “allows” them to set up a “temporarily” base on Shing Jea.
Also the Aetherblades are not stupid, they know they dont have a chance to stand the pact at their current state. And with Scarlet (One of the worst employers in Tyria) AND the pact on their kitten they cant really rebuild themself without getting disturbed and attacked.

War is usually what propels the advancement of technology.
The Emperor dissolving the vassal factions isn’t necessarily an attempt to gain more power – just an attempt to unite the continent and avoid having people killing one another. And once again, the Aetherblades are a multiracial organisation, there is no way Canthans would let them dock there…
And considering Cantha was united as one nation 250 years ago they’ve had a lot of time to advance their technology and have presumably been under less pressure from potential threats. Of course for all we know the tidal wave caused by Zhaitan’s awakening could just have easily wiped out all of Cantha.

in Lore

CHIPS.6018

I personally don’t think the xenophobic Canthans will welcome the AAF. But a combined force of AAF airships and the Canthan navy would be scary looking indeed. :P

And if the Canthans puts the airships on mass production, they would raze Lion’s Arch to the ground by carpet bombing from airships (even if the Pact wins). I am not sure if Anet story writers are bold enough to destroy Lion’s Arch and burn it to a crisp just yet. :P

Attachments:

(edited by CHIPS.6018)