Are we ever going to deal with Palawa Joko?

in Lore

Posted by: gold elemental.6491

gold elemental.6491

Last time I ever saw Palawa Joko was near the end of the nightfall campaign in GW1. since then he has gathered his strength, wiped out the sunspear order, and completely taken over Elona. Is Anet going to wait untill the elder dragons are gone before going back to the other continents? Are we ever going to see the other continents that we saw in GW1?

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Why do you ask this?? We don’t have more information then you and we don’t have a crystal ball to see the future.

From my point of view they can go three ways:
a: Never touch the world outside of the map of tyria (the continent) and concentrate on the elder dragons and go to GW3 when they are done in a year or 7.
b: go to the unexplored parts of the world cause besides Tyria (continent), Cantha and Elona there is so much more. This can be during the dragon’s story and afterwards
c: incorparate e.g. Palawa Joko in the main theme thats allready building up. Palawa blocked the path of elona river to go through what we knew as the crystaldesert. The river now actually floods into the sea where fort trinity is. Both Palawa and the Zhaitan used undead. On the northern shores of the new river Elona is the suspected location of Kalkatorix. So there is a lot of potential for Palawa to enter the story, but then again, they can go the other way and ignore it.

Personally I have a feeling we know more bout the next move within weeks or even days… but I can be totally wrong here

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Lore

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

ok i dont think there will ever be a guild wars 3 A net has set this game up to stay and yes we will go to elona but not for a few years unless they take us straight to elona now right after zitan because his army is what was keeping palar out of our continent from what i understand so we will go back just maybe not for a few years or it will be soon you never know

in Lore

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

I imagine that if we ever head towards the Crystal Desert to deal with Kralkatorrik there, we’ll encounter Palawa Joko’s minions and influence, at the very least. It’s too big an opportunity to miss.

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Zhaitan was the only reason why we couldn’t go to Cantha. or the shores of southern Elona.

From now, they can either finally write in some lore with those continents, or we keep zerging dragons..

@mercury, the river is called Elon, and the continent is called Elona. Not the same.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Zhaitan wasn’t the only reason we couldn’t go across to Cantha. They stated somewhere that they were happy with the way that they have set up the DSD because it gives a kind of “Here be monsters” feel to the oceans, giving people plenty of reasons not to cross it.

in Lore

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

ok the reasion why we cant go to cantha was becasue of the deep sea dragon and part of it was from Zitan himself with risen army ships and galliards.
Elona has Kralkatorrik and Joko, Joko has the Elona river dammed so he is able to have full control and spreading the desolation. and if im correct Joko is also fighting agenst Risen and Branded. and his army is undead not risen the difforence between risen and undead, is who controls them. this would make sence as to why joko and elder dragon zitan fight eachother

Risen: The Risen are the undead minions of the Elder Dragon Zhaitan. They consist mostly of the humans of Orr and corsairs, but have many of the species of Tyria within their ranks as well. Most of the Risen army are nigh-mindless berserkers, possessing only a fraction of the dragon’s willpower. They are often directed by more powerful creatures, such as the many dragon champions of Zhaitan, who act with much more self-will, determination and strategy. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Risen

Undead: Undead refers to creatures that have been killed and reanimated by magical means often practiced by necromancers. In most cases reanimated undead do not retain their original soul and as such they are bound to the will of a master – the magician who brought the creature into undeath – and would usually be useless without one, either perishing along their master or continuing to wander without purpose. Undead ghosts (excluding those created by the Foefire) often manifest themselves of their own, free or subconscious will rather than being bound by a necromancer. They are usually tied to the world of living due to some task left incomplete and will often depart when their souls are put at ease. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Undead

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Zhaitan wasn’t the only reason we couldn’t go across to Cantha. They stated somewhere that they were happy with the way that they have set up the DSD because it gives a kind of “Here be monsters” feel to the oceans, giving people plenty of reasons not to cross it.

DSD is in the deep sea, not really making an influence in the waters to sail, maybe a very little.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

You think because he’s called the Deep Sea Dragon means that he’s only going to do stuff deep under the ocean not on the surface? That’s like saying Zhaitan’s only going to have minions on the ground, none in the air…

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

You think because he’s called the Deep Sea Dragon means that he’s only going to do stuff deep under the ocean not on the surface? That’s like saying Zhaitan’s only going to have minions on the ground, none in the air…

“This particular elder dragon does not have a major influence on the world of Tyria”
Straightfrom the wiki.

Also, he is forcing races from the deepest waters towards the surface, which sugests that he rather resides in the deepest waters, earing the name Deep Sea Dragon, not only Sea Dragon.

We don’t even know its name, and after the last story quest, when DE is talking abut the other dragons, they don’t even mention this one, maybe because they don’t even know about its mere existence. Also, the Unending Ocean is pretty huge, if minions would patrol all the waters, it would be a territory 50-60 times greater than other dragons’.

It is possible that 1 out of 10 ships go missing, but definitely not something that cuts off one or 2 continents.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

You do realize that the reason that no Tyrian has attempted to cross the ocean is because Zhaitan’s fleet prevented it right? No one has any clues as to what is going on with the DSD mainly because through the entire timeline we have (minus Halloween, Lost Shores, Wintersday, F&F, and Southsun) took place while Zhaitan’s navy blockaded pretty much the entirety of Tyria’s southern trade. The DSD wasn’t around until, best guess, 51 years after Zhaitan. Plus I never stated that the DSD made travel there impossible. I merely stated that the DSD give the oceans an ominous feel, which is what the devs wanted. I stated I do not remember where the article I read says this, just that I remember someone stating that they enjoyed the “Here be Monsters” feel that it gives to the oceans. Humans didn’t stop sailing the seas when they had this written on their maps, and I wouldn’t expect Tyrians to either. But to say that the DSD’s minions couldn’t come up on the surface and wrap itself around a ship Kraken style is really limiting the DSD, especially when we know next to nothing about it.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

If you check the lore on the official wiki, the DSD doesn’t have to do with Cantha. The reason we can’t go to Cantha is because of the rise of Zhaitan and Cantha’s xenophobic leadership. Zhaitan’s minions officially cut off Cantha though, because they destroyed any ships that attempted to cross the sea.
The DSD has more to do with Quaggans, Largos, and Krait than the Canthan empire. You’ll only see hints at the DSD from those npcs.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Yes, but you know what sits between Cantha and Tyria now that Zhaitan’s dead and his armada is slowly being destroyed? Seeing Cantha is highly unlikely to be on anyone’s top 10 list (racewise), but aside from that there be a giant ED in them waters, somewhere. The only reason the DSD hasn’t stopped any ships that we’ve seen, IMO, is because no one ever goes far enough off shore because of Zhaitan’s old fleet. All I am stating, and have ever stated, is that the DSD might be a problem if they try to sail ships to Cantha. All I have stated, I am not sure why everyone is ganging up on me for such a small statement that holds some possibilities of truth…

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Yes, but you know what sits between Cantha and Tyria now that Zhaitan’s dead and his armada is slowly being destroyed? Seeing Cantha is highly unlikely to be on anyone’s top 10 list (racewise), but aside from that there be a giant ED in them waters, somewhere. The only reason the DSD hasn’t stopped any ships that we’ve seen, IMO, is because no one ever goes far enough off shore because of Zhaitan’s old fleet. All I am stating, and have ever stated, is that the DSD might be a problem if they try to sail ships to Cantha. All I have stated, I am not sure why everyone is ganging up on me for such a small statement that holds some possibilities of truth…

You take your own theory as a fact, that’s why. And yes many many ppl want to go back to Cantha, even the devs, just look around.

And still DSD isn’t something to cut off 2 whole continents.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I don’t take my theory as fact, in fact I never stated a theory. I merely took a quote from a dev saying that the waters are dangerous, a paraphrase of “Here be Monsters”.

No one has tested the waters. I’m sure someday someone will, now that Zhaitan’s armada is dead or dying. But until then there is still an unknown danger lurking, and yes the key word is UNKNOWN! We do not know where it is or even what it’s minions/champions look like or what they can do. I merely stated that they are there somewhere and you came in with your theories that they couldn’t leave the deeps and that they would never, ever harm anyone crossing on the surface, which in and of itself is unsubstantiated theory. So please do not even start talking about calling my theories fact. You jumped at attacked a post that was merely a quotation of a dev from some time in the past saying that it was out there.

in Lore

Posted by: Caerulei.7159

Caerulei.7159

Elona is likely because NCsoft does not care about mixing African cultures (<<’), Cantha on the other hand… ( ;; )

Not to mention there is so much important lore in Elona! Palawa Joko is a likely future antagonist but there are still a tonne of prophesies/EOTN areas untouched! Maguuma, Verdant Forests, Fire Island chain, Crystal Desert, Northern Shiverpeaks, Blood Legion homelands, not to mention the Ash Legion homelands in the east, Isles of Janthir to the north, the last regions of Orr, and the Domain of Winds.

Elona is only likely after ALL of these have been released, but in 3-4 years I think we’re likely to see the land of the golden sun return, at least in part.

Encharrneer of first Foundation then Chronicles of Tyria.

in Lore

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

@Narcemus,

I totally agree with your stance. Even with Zhatian dead, the DSD will also have minions out there and will MOST LIKELY cause problems getting to Cantha. My feeling is we will try to get to Cantha to get help with the DSD in the future if I had to guess.

@Gandarel,

How is the DSD not enough to cut off two contenients. Zhatain was able to do it with his undead fleet, how at this point in the game do we know anything about what the DSD is doing, your statement is the same as Narcemus saying the DSD could cause problems, I also don’t see him taking his theory as fact, their is a lot of speculation about any of the remaining dragons, and most of the people that are active on the lore forums understand that.

My PERSONAL OPINION is we will deal with Krak and Jormag before anything else. This will allow us another way to Cantha via a northern route and would also open up Elona to us.

Hjorje

in Lore

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

It is possible that 1 out of 10 ships go missing, but definitely not something that cuts off one or 2 continents.

I agree. Maybe it is the things he is forcing out of the deeps that are causing the problems for ships and land races and not the dragon itself.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

@Hjorje,
Zhaitan cut off only a small strait, not a whole ocean, and the wiki suggests that some sailors from cantha actually made it to the shores of the Tarnished coast.

The DSD would have to have 60-70 times the army of any dragon, and maintain control not only in the depths but in the upper levels.

DSD can sink some ships and scare some sailors off, but there are many many maps in Kryta that show Cantha, even in the Seraph HQ. I think this can suggest that they will try to communicate with Cantha if they will have the chance. They could provide shelter, supply, reinforcements and so on.

Also, we do not know when the DSD awoke. Races used to sail the ocean until the rise of Orr. Not having the date of the awakening can suggest 2 things: DSD awoke after Zhaitan, or has nearly 0 impact on the waters to sail.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Hjorje.9453

The wiki states some Cantha sailors washed up on the shores of the Tarnished Coast. Which means Cantha was still sailing but sailors were either getting washed over board or their ships destroyed. Also with the races that have come up from the depths, how many more do you think are still out there that can’t come on land and are causing problems for sailors.

It is true we don’t know when the DSD awoke but that don’t really matter, what we know now is it is awake and disrupting things out there. The longer it is awake the more disruptive it will be. Most of the problems would most likely come from other creatures that it displaced or champions it has.

Hjorje

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

To be fair, the canthan sailors washing up on shore could have been from attack by Zhaitan’s Armada. BTW, where is this article about the sailors? Just curious. You’ll notice Gandarel and I never stated that the DSD had minions blockading the entire ocean, making travel to cantha impossible. Only that since he’s in the oceans the travel COULD be dangerous. Since there are so many unknowns.

in Lore

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

BTW, where is this article about the sailors? Just curious.

It originally came from The Movement of the World:
“Sporadic sailors have washed ashore on the southern coast of the Maguuma jungles, but that is the only evidence that Cantha even exists past the cataclysmic event that cut it off from Tyria.”

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

K, thx. It’s been a while since I read that article.

in Lore

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

With the cancellation of guild wars beyond(the branch of gw1 to gw2 to fill in gaps) being gone, I’m finding it harder to see us going to elona or cantha(despite the evidence we would and i REALLY want to) just because of the cancellation(misguised i know).

But what really interests me http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Doern_Velazquez is this man isn’t from elona or kryta. During the mission where you pick which minor race you help, you can ask where he’s from and he’ll say he isn’t from kryta and your character will say he looks like he’s from cantha and not elona. this could mean there is infact already ways to travel between them given his dialogue.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Well, we know the Order has at least one travel route that isn’t available to outsiders, being into Elona. If Palawa hasn’t closed the ports, it’s possible that someone from elsewhere could arrive in Istan or Kourna and then be shipped to Tyria by whatever smuggling route the Order has established.

Doern is an interesting case, though. He doesn’t look classically Canthan either, and the PC’s supposition that he’s Canthan seems to come from eliminating Elona and being left with the only human nation the PC has heard of outside of Tyria. However, there are some wilder theories that I personally think might actually be more likely – he’s from some fourth human culture we haven’t seen yet; he’s not human at all but pretending to be; or his “forgetting” that he’s supposed to be from Kryta was purely a matter of trolling the PC for the lulz.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Actually, he may have his hands full. Zhaitans Undead are nearby him, and Kralkatorrik decided to make his home nearby too.

in Lore

Hjorje.9453

@Narcemus,

I agree, I meant to have could be disrupting in my previous post but got in a hurry at work. But if the Krait and Karka that have come ashore are a sign of some of the things happening out there, it is probably to safe to say some things are being disrupted, but right now we don’t have any information to prove it.

Hjorje

in Lore

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

Prophecies- April 28, 2005
Factions- April 28, 2006
Nightfal- Oct 27, 2006
EotN- Aug 31, 2007
1st War in Kryta update- April 2nd, 2010
10th WiK update July 8th, 2010
Final phase of Winds of Change- Feb 9th, 2012

These…. things…. take…. time….

in Lore

Posted by: ThatOddOne.4387

ThatOddOne.4387

Actually, he may have his hands full. Zhaitans Undead are nearby him, and Kralkatorrik decided to make his home nearby too.

Correct. I can’t remember where I read it, but it’s been said that Zhaitan’s Risen and Palawa’s undead were fighting in the deserts of Elona. Must have been quite terrifying to behold – Undead vs undead.

And now Kralkatorrik is down there as well.

I would bet money on seeing Palawa as an ally, not an enemy.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I would bet that Joko is going to be an ally of convenience, or outright necessity, whenever we get to Elona. Depends on what Kralky is up to. So basically, what he was in gw1.

That won’t stop the Order from sabotaging him left and right though.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I can see him trying to be an ally, but gods, I really want to watch him burn eventually. I can’t see him staying an ally forever. If nothing else, the Order of Whispers will lead a charge against him. I’m personally interested in seeing how things work out if the Pact allies with him, and what kind of fall out there will be between the Order of Whispers and the Pact because of it.

in Lore

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

If joko isn’t an eventual target for us to take down then i’d have to admit i’d stop caring bout anet games just because it’d be such a let down that it’d be hard for me to trust them with all the build up he had.

in Lore

Posted by: Righteous Sen.1053

Righteous Sen.1053

hopefully the next step lorewise/contentwise (on a large scale) will be the Scav causeway and maybe (fingers crossed) some Elona.

However I would be just as happy if we finaly get to explore the large unaccessible part of Maguuma and those little inlets NW of Maguuma

in Lore

Posted by: Righteous Sen.1053

Righteous Sen.1053

then again im dying to see Cantha.

so many possibilities!!!
:)

in Lore

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

I’d love to be able to go deal with Palawa Joko but we won’t have that chance until Elona is added in presumably if it is.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks