Are we still the Pact's Commander?

in Lore

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

I feel like our little rag tag team doesn’t even know and the rest of the world forgot about us.

Remember when Truehorn told us as long as he is Marshall Tyria will repay the dept they owe us?
Seems he didn’t do that since no one knows who I am

in Lore

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Truehorn? Rofl

Glorious Human Master Race

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

We are still the pact comander.
In S2E1 Kasmeer actually asks us the question, on which we answer that we have not comanded for some time.

This implies we are still associated with the pact, maybe even as comander, however we do not executing the position at the moment.

That the Pact was not really used in S1 is something that was debatted alot in the past allready, but S2 seems to pull the Pact back in, with mentions of Trahearn as well as the attack on Concordia, a Pact outpost.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

There is a post about this. It’s the closest thing to an answer you will get. Reader the spoiler part (it’s a Personal Story spoiler, not a Living Story one).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Enough-of-your-GMPC-please/first#post4173255

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We don’t seem to act like any member of the military force, like Pact so far tbh.

We’re like “super amazing pack of friends” dealing with dragon as a part-time hobby instead threat to entire world.

I guess, if we still were commanders, we would first report situation to the Pact, then bring the military force with soldiers, artilery and logistics. And completly ignore our pack of NPC fantastic buddies for our own good.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

we’re called commander by members of the orders all the time, and our buddies are very much aware of our importance (i’m pretty sure kasmeer brings it up during this episode). then there’s that priory chick that discloses confidential information to you because, well duh, you’re the freaking commander of the pact, the one that killed zhaitan.

we still have our status, even if we’re not in active duty.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Destiny’s Edge don’t much like commanders and captains either, with one obvious exception. I guess that’s just the way the game world works.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Belinda outright talks to you formally, and your character tells her “No need to be so formal, I haven’t commanded the Pact in a while.”

Belinda also mentions how Marjory had told her stories about your actions in the Pact and killing Zhaitan.

Everytime I talk to the trio of priory guys in Dry-top, they open with “Commander!”

in Lore

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

then there’s that priory chick that discloses confidential information to you because, well duh, you’re the freaking commander of the pact, the one that killed zhaitan.

I don’t know the answer one way or the other, but this isn’t evidence at all that we’re still a commander in the Pact. She just says she told you be “you’re you.” It’s only evidence that we have a good reputation, which, yes, was earned by defeating Zhaitan while acting as a commander of the Pact.

The only ways we’ll know for sure is A) hearing straight from a dev that we still have official status as a Pact commander or hearing the same thing from a prominent NPC in game. Having an order member call us “commander” isn’t really clear evidence. People in the States refer to ex-presidents as President Bush, President Clinton, etc. often, it’s a sign of respect for the role they once served.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Lore

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

We’re basically besties with Trahearne. If we want to go back to active duty I’m sure we just have a coffee with him and he puts us in charge of something.

Hmmmm, speaking of coffee, I just had a picture of us sipping coffee like the guy in Avatar while we blow up the Pale Tree.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

then there’s that priory chick that discloses confidential information to you because, well duh, you’re the freaking commander of the pact, the one that killed zhaitan.

I don’t know the answer one way or the other, but this isn’t evidence at all that we’re still a commander in the Pact. She just says she told you be “you’re you.” It’s only evidence that we have a good reputation, which, yes, was earned by defeating Zhaitan while acting as a commander of the Pact.

The only ways we’ll know for sure is A) hearing straight from a dev that we still have official status as a Pact commander or hearing the same thing from a prominent NPC in game. Having an order member call us “commander” isn’t really clear evidence. People in the States refer to ex-presidents as President Bush, President Clinton, etc. often, it’s a sign of respect for the role they once served.

i was referring to our reputation, not our active status. while it’s been confirmed that we’re not actively commanding anymore, i doubt we wouldn’t regain active status (even if an honorary status) the moment the pact comes back into play.

we’re on leave, not retired.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Yeah, EVERYBODY knows you are the commander of the Pact, or were.

We haven’t been forgotten. and “You’re you.” You are command of the Pact, so that’s what I take that as.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I am not the commander of the Pact anymore. I understand some idiot charr with spiky blond hair took over that role on the insistence he was someone named “Son Gokitty”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

i’m pretty sure kasmeer brings it up during this episode

Kasmeer brought up my importance as she was telling my sylvari that she was doubtful of my ability to gain an audience with the Pale Tree. Apparently Kasmeer thinks she has better connections with the Pale Tree than the Pale Tree’s own children who have not only had several audiences with the Pale Tree during the Personal Story (there is at least two audiences during sylvari plots and every race gets one with Trahearne during the Pact plot) but can also walk into the Omphalos Chamber at any time. Maybe Kasmeer is the bimbo of Tyria, doubting the PC’s connection to the Pale Tree let alone thinking Kasmeer’s letter matters at all compared to one of the tree’s Valiants, a commander and founding member of the Pact, and someone who greatly aided two of her Firstborn to accomplish their Wyld Hunts (Trahearne and Caithe).

So yeah, Kasmeer brings it up but it doesn’t make a lick of sense. I get that the story would be strange if we only performed the duty of a Pact commander, limiting our ability to engage with other threats in Tyria (although it’s a bit silly that we are dealing with Elder Dragon plots right now – we should be working primarily with the Pact, to not do so is what doesn’t make sense). Plots that don’t deal with the Elder Dragons or the Pact can recognise the other part of our identity – Order members (they are literally everywhere) who have a role to play in most threats across Tyria.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

i’m pretty sure kasmeer brings it up during this episode

Kasmeer brought up my importance as she was telling my sylvari that she was doubtful of my ability to gain an audience with the Pale Tree. Apparently Kasmeer thinks she has better connections with the Pale Tree than the Pale Tree’s own children who have not only had several audiences with the Pale Tree during the Personal Story (there is at least two audiences during sylvari plots and every race gets one with Trahearne during the Pact plot) but can also walk into the Omphalos Chamber at any time. Maybe Kasmeer is the bimbo of Tyria, doubting the PC’s connection to the Pale Tree let alone thinking Kasmeer’s letter matters at all compared to one of the tree’s Valiants, a commander and founding member of the Pact, and someone who greatly aided two of her Firstborn to accomplish their Wyld Hunts (Trahearne and Caithe).

So yeah, Kasmeer brings it up but it doesn’t make a lick of sense. I get that the story would be strange if we only performed the duty of a Pact commander, limiting our ability to engage with other threats in Tyria (although it’s a bit silly that we are dealing with Elder Dragon plots right now – we should be working primarily with the Pact, to not do so is what doesn’t make sense). Plots that don’t deal with the Elder Dragons or the Pact can recognise the other part of our identity – Order members (they are literally everywhere) who have a role to play in most threats across Tyria.

actually, you might be taking that a bit out of context.

kasmeer basically says “Yeah, i know you’re important, she’d probably listen to you, but do you really think you can set up an audience for the whole group?”

in other words, your character chose to wait a few days so that the whole group can listen to what the pale tree has to say, rather than go in alone.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I believe that you are A Commander in the Pact now. You’re still the first and probably most high-ranking of the Commanders behind Trahearne, but you stepped down to continue adventuring after the defeat of Zhaitan, and Trahearne’s since appointed new Commanders to fulfill different roles.