Asura Age vs Size

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Zaldinora.6748

Zaldinora.6748

What age do Asura actually reach the height of your average player character Asura?

The Progeny NPCs in Splorge Metamystics in Metrica Province are absurdly tiny, and given the setting, I’m going to assume this is more of a pre-college environment, and are probably anywhere between 5-10 years old. Taimi is still an extreme smol, but not as smol as the Progeny there, and she’s sixteen…

What age do these sharkrats actually reach player character size? Or is Taimi’s illness making her such a height and she’s an exception to the rule, other sixteen year old Asura would be a lot taller, nearing player character size/development?

At that, what’s the sort of age one would be looking at for an Asura graduating from college?

Trying to wrap my head around Asuran ageing, and drawing more blanks than a training rifle.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Taimi’s short for her age, but asura like Zojja and Kudu are what we consider ‘young adults’ (20-25 in human years?) so I don’t think they normally get much taller.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

idk but it seems to me they get smaller with age…
which makes no sense…

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Why not, haven’t you seen how human grandmas and grampas shrink with each decade past 70?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Stand The Wall.6987

for some reason I was thinking they came out that big…
which makes no sense…

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Ardid.7203

Maybe they are growth in giant test tubes? Or they sprout from a special portal somewhere in Rata Sum? :P

Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Stand The Wall.6987

that would mean no sex…
which makes no sense…

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Ardid.7203

I don’t see Asura particularly preocupied about sex. They clearly overcame that basic animal obsession a long time ago. Now they obsess with way less primitive, way more explosive stuff.

Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

I don’t see Asura particularly preocupied about sex. They clearly overcame that basic animal obsession a long time ago. Now they obsess with way less primitive, way more explosive stuff.

They breed based on social status since intelligence and status is a sign of good evolution. The higher your position, the easier it is to find a partner. But if your status is too high you might either find yourself scaring if candidates or having your peers hold you to a standard so if you fall in love with someone of a much lower standing, you might lose valuable credibility in your position.
Couples rarely marry, though, as Asura. They usually sick together as a lovers’ krewe until they’re satisfied with each other. Unless they continue to challenge each others intelligence, relationships end with the projects.
But they don’t worry about their kids as they can just dump them at a university as soon as they can walk

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I didn’t get that feeling from Ceera, the asura who you have to tell about her Husband’s death in the Zhaitan campaign. She holds a grudge against you even still in Heart of Thorns. Seems more like love to me.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Ardid.7203

That’s true, Ceera is clearly still in love with her late husband.

However, that love can still originate and be defined by their projects, ideas and ways of understand the world. Love doesn’t have to be eternal, romantic or physical to be true: Ceera can be suffering for all the amazing crewe work she was still wanting to do with Tonn when the commander failed to save him. This is love too.

I like to imagine Asura that way, capable of a practical love born from the creative spark two people can cause each other.

However, this doesn’t have ANYTHING to do with the OP, so I better shut up.

Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

I didn’t get that feeling from Ceera, the asura who you have to tell about her Husband’s death in the Zhaitan campaign. She holds a grudge against you even still in Heart of Thorns. Seems more like love to me.

Love is a feeling of matching personalities, in this case intelligence and status. Ceera was in love with her husband, in since they hadn’t split up naturally yet, of course she’d be devastated. But it’s not necessarily true that Asura ever split in their lives.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Stand The Wall.6987

its not just a feeling of matching personalities lol. its life.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

its not just a feeling of matching personalities lol. its life.

nope, it’s science
love is the release of hormones in the air, which get stimulated by different HLA patterns.
People with the same HLA patterns are much less likely to be attracted because of
the evolutionary drive

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Ardid.7203

True science doesn’t deny things it doesn’t know (yet). Love IS scientificly observable, but it still contains lot of unclear components, and remains mostly unpredictable and unrepeatable in the lab.
So, is not “magic”. But isn’t a scientificaly aprehended phenomena either.

Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

True science doesn’t deny things it doesn’t know (yet). Love IS scientifically observable, but it still contains lot of unclear components, and remains mostly unpredictable and unrepeatable in the lab.
So, is not “magic”. But isn’t a scientifically apprehended phenomena either.

true
But the question was how people experience love, in this case, how Asura experience love.
They’re a different race, and genetically they desire different traits to assure the best offspring.

Humans prefer healthy looking mates, and will associate larger breasts with a
better ability to take care of the offspring. this a biological trait. There are also social
traits like wealth or status, which a mate can believe will have a positive effect on
the upbringing of the offspring.
Asura have similar, but slightly different traits they look for in a mate. Their traits are
less biologically oriented, and more mentally oriented. They want their offspring to be
as intelligent as possible, so they always seek a mate who has proven capable in this
field. The best method is to go into a couple-krewe with them and experience there skills firsthand.
hereafter, once they’ve finished their project, and produced offspring, they can
decide for themselves whether the traits they love(d) each other for are still present
or not. Some Asura separate after one child. Some Asura stay together their entire lives.
But it always comes down to the wish “produce the best offspring, while giving them the best opportunities to become great within their racial view of what’s important”

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Ardid.7203

Totally agree. I can see Asura acting that way and I think is the most coherent way to explain them.
However, is this view official lore?

Hawks

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

Totally agree. I can see Asura acting that way and I think is the most coherent way to explain them.
However, is this view official lore?

I’m not 100% sure, but more like 98.7%
Konig Des Todes can pop up any moment to give a complete 5 page definition of Asuran marriage and relationships, if you’re patient. It’s just what I pieced together from various dialogues and wiki pages

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

While I don’t have any hard evidence, I’m pretty sure there are some physically attractive traits for asura, but they aren’t necessarily the primary source of attractiveness. They frequently discuss the size of asuran ears, so I’m certain that factors in somehow, perhaps as an indicator of how intelligent an asura is (even if it’s a false association).

I don’t think asura love lives are explored that often. The Dynamics college personal story discusses a bit about an asura who loves another, if I remember the story properly, but it’s been a long time since I’ve played that line, so I don’t remember much about their relationship except that it didn’t really have a happy ending.

As for the original question, which I don’t think was ever answered, asura seem to age at a rate similar to humans. When I asked a similar question months ago, I didn’t really get an answer other than that, either.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

While I don’t have any hard evidence, I’m pretty sure there are some physically attractive traits for asura, but they aren’t necessarily the primary source of attractiveness. They frequently discuss the size of asuran ears, so I’m certain that factors in somehow, perhaps as an indicator of how intelligent an asura is (even if it’s a false association).

I don’t think asura love lives are explored that often. The Dynamics college personal story discusses a bit about an asura who loves another, if I remember the story properly, but it’s been a long time since I’ve played that line, so I don’t remember much about their relationship except that it didn’t really have a happy ending.

As for the original question, which I don’t think was ever answered, asura seem to age at a rate similar to humans. When I asked a similar question months ago, I didn’t really get an answer other than that, either.

if I understood it right, the average age is
Charr > Human > Norn > Asura
Sylvari are simply too young to consider, and the age of the Charr might be heavily influenced by the fact they’re warmongrels, or live on junkyards scrapping in the oil and metals. Tends to get in your blood system.

It’s funny how Asura do age the fastest though. I don’t know the exact numbers, but at least within two years after birth an Asura is at school, like a pre-college.

Asura Age vs Size

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s funny how Asura do age the fastest though. I don’t know the exact numbers, but at least within two years after birth an Asura is at school, like a pre-college.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they age faster, just that they trust their young to handle advanced notions earlier. Charr actually get sent off to the fahrar younger than asura do. Also, I’ve never seen that two years figure… do you have a source?

For your list, I’m not sure what you’re trying to say… if you mean how long they live, you’ve got it almost backwards. It goes norn with the longest lives (although they don’t tend to make it all of the way), then asura, then humans. We don’t know where charr fit in, but I’d expect they’d be about as long as humans, or perhaps a little shorter. If you mean how fast they age, we don’t have any data to rank them by, except that iirc charr can walk from an earlier age than humans.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)