Asura and Primordus

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Q:

Do the asura know Primordus (at the year 1325 AE) by name? If not, what do they know him as?

I looked through the wiki and I can’t seem to find this out.

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

A:

By GW2’s time (1325 AE), yes, everyone knows the name Primordus. Only the DSD’s name is unknown – though Mordremoth’s name wasn’t known to the commoner in Tyria until the events of Season 2.

There’s dialogue in Sea of Sorrows that indicates that Primordus was not largely known by the time of Zhaitan’s awakening though (in the book, when Zhaitan’s existence is unknown it’s asked by a skeptic if people thought Zhaitan was a ‘second Elder Dragon like Jormag’ – paraphrasing).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

AegisRunestone.8672

Okay, thank you! I was asking for my Fan Story’s lore. I want to keep it in line with the lore as much as possible.

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

AegisRunestone.8672

Wait, one more question: do they know he’s an Elder Dragon?

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Yep. By this point, all the playable races know at least as much as, and probably more than, us players about every Elder Dragon except possibly Bubbles.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Asura and Primordus

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yes.

This book is an example of a Tyrian commoner’s knowledge of the Elder Dragons prior to the rise of Mordremoth. The members of the orders would know, as well as others who deal with their threats constantly (such as the Sentinels and norn).

Primordus, Jormag, and Zhaitan have all been well known since no later than 1256 AE (those of Lion’s Arch knew of Zhaitan since the city’s rebuilding, thanks to Cobiah and his crew that funded the rebuilding – other groups didn’t entirely believe him and the inhabitants of LA though until his presence became undoubtable when a large undead fleet assaulted the Krytan navy), with Jormag no later than 1169 AE, and Kralkatorrik – like Mordremoth – became common knowledge upon their awakening (1320 and 1327 AE respectively). Primordus and other ED has been known by the Order of Whispers and possibly others, such as the Durmand Priory, before anyone else (so before these dates).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.