BLTC Weapons

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: diremane.3250

diremane.3250

I don’t know if this has been asked before: is there some place in-game (or outside source too) that explains the lore behind each weapon you can buy with BLTC Tickets? There are many cool skins and I keep wondering if there is some lore behind them!

I have already gone through the wiki BTW.

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

As far as I can tell, no there isn’t.
There really isn’t any lore behind most of the armor/weapons in the game. Ascended armor and weapons there is a little bit, but not much. Mostly a blurb about how this armor is crafted in the style of [instert historical/famous person here].

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

diremane.3250

Hum, thats too bad. Although I understand that doing a backstory for everything would increase the cost too much, if there was a NPC giving some insight regarding the theme of each set of weapons would be awesome!

Thanks for the answer tough!

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

There are some homages to old stuff and some to things that just happen in the LW or festival.

For example the sclerite weapons did not resemble the karka, but had only a minor connection to them due to the theme.

they are vanity items and to some degree I am kinda getting fed up with them (even though they look nice).
I just wish they had more connection to the gameworld.
I mean, my personal big offender is still the “flaming” armor set, which just appeared in the gemstore.
This was the first item where I went: “okay, looks nice, but why is it there?”

This happens more and more. I understand their resoning, but it still feels weird.

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

diremane.3250

I hope someday they add a lore compendium to the Character Journal, so they can add BLTC items (and everything else) lore in a “not so expensive” way.
All those weapons concept arts could be used as well!

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Shadow skins are weapons from the shadow army. An army in the Fissure of Woe, lead by Menzies – evil half brother of the god Balthazar.

You could actually get a few of these weapons in gw1, not all.

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

Shadow skins are weapons from the shadow army. An army in the Fissure of Woe, lead by Menzies – evil half brother of the god Balthazar.

You could actually get a few of these weapons in gw1, not all.

Except the shadow weapons in GW1 had much different designs, not a complaint just stating a fact, personally i like the new ones more, they have more character, and aren’t just darkened skins from other weapons like in GW1

Raak Bloodmaw

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The lore is simple, Evon Gnasblade wants to make some money so they routinely brings out new varied weapons to sell to would-be-heroes of Tyria.

BLTC Weapons

in Lore

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Some of the weapons are based on gw1. The torment ones are pretty close to gw1 looks. The chaos skins r kinda based on gw1 except gw1 only had the axe. The others are the look u would expect them to have however

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend