BWE2 Story/Lore Observations

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

• Lord Faren is wearing a speedo. This makes less sense than him being in the jungle. I know he’s a comic relief character but this just seemed bizarre to me. It makes about as much sense as Kiel or Marjory walking around in a bikini.

I think it is simply a matter of him going on vacation and thus have vacation clothes on. They didn’t expect to be shot down and having to fight out of the jungle after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mordrem Guard either have a slightly different appearance or my graphics setting is higher. They now appear to have light teal leyline-like energy tendrils seeping out of their bodies. They also appear to be using a new weapon set that looks like Orrian weapons but is more bramble-like.

In past reveals, the Mordrem Guard have been using either Ley Line weapons or Mordrem weapons from the Black Lion Chest. Sounds like the weapons you saw could be either.

Lord Faren is wearing a speedo.

That’s beyond comic relief and into the realm of stupidity, in all honesty.

The ruins we see in Silverwastes keep turning up all over the jungle. Did we see anything like them in GW1?

No. Though they do bare remote similarities with the bridges and stairs of the Tarnished Coast that the asura took over. It’s possible that these are GW2’s re-interpretation of them, though we’ve seen a fair amount of these ruins in the Tarnished Coast, Steamspur Mountains (Sparkfly Fen, and Mount Maelstrom, and even the eastern side of Straits of Devastation).

Several characters I’d forgotten from Personal Story turned up. It’s nice to see the world didn’t forget them, especially the Pact members.

Anet, more of this, please.

Something called a Blighted Tree is found in the area, creating Mordrem similar to how the Pale Tree creates sylvari, only it specifically mentions using the dead.

Makes me wonder about the ‘dark presence’ in Wychmire Swamp that’s creating the Blighted Husks.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I think it is simply a matter of him going on vacation and thus have vacation clothes on. They didn’t expect to be shot down and having to fight out of the jungle after all.

I didn’t look too closely into the nobles’ deal so this may have been answered – but if they’re going on vacation why are they with a Pact battle fleet?

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I didn’t look too closely into the nobles’ deal so this may have been answered – but if they’re going on vacation why are they with a Pact battle fleet?

They were there to observe the battle (presumably while eating popcorn and sitting in comfy chairs).

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Shashoo and Baroosh show up. Baroosh explains that quaggans serving in the pact have learned to speak more directly and faster. This explains why Shashoo sounds so weird.

Shashoo is also the commanding officer of the ‘ordiance’ group airship survivors, including the legendary crafters Occam, Beigarth, and Izu Steelstrike.

Beigarth mentions his daughter is somewhere in Verdant Brink, as she was with the fleet. I forget her name but I’m curious if anybody has spotted her?

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They weren’t with the Pact Fleet, they were flying a bit behind them cheering them on.

I believe it was Faren that stated that since they took out Zhaitan they should have no trouble with Mordremoth and thus it felt safe to follow the invasion fleet.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Human nobility are dumber than I thought they were apparently.

in Lore

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Did you expect anything different from Nobles?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Beigarth mentions his daughter is somewhere in Verdant Brink, as she was with the fleet. I forget her name but I’m curious if anybody has spotted her?

Blacksmithe Vanhe was her name as we last saw her. She originally worked for the Vigil, though we only see her there.

Did you expect anything different from Nobles?

If it was “behind” the fleet rather than “with” the fleet I guess it makes some sense. Even back in the civil war it was known that some of the richer people would picnic on hills near upcoming battles to enjoy the scene. They often just added to the casualties via stray shots.

And at least Faren isn’t in his speedoes the entire time like the OP makes it seem. He strips down after becoming “one with the jungle”. Still sounds stupid on paper though, but nobles often are when it comes to actual life-and-death situations…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Isn’t Lord Faren a bit dumber than most of the nobles anyways considering the game has him as the comic relief character of GW2?

A lot of nobles and other NPCs in GW2 find him a bit annoying and dumb in their standards.

Heck he was even run out of DR by a angry mob of Nobles and commoners due to causing Chauncey von Snuffles III losing 1st place and ended up 2nd place.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Heck he was even run out of DR by a angry mob of Nobles and commoners due to causing Chauncey von Snuffles III losing his rightfull 1st place and ended up 2nd place.

Fixed it for you.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Did some looking at the ruins. Based on my observation, yes, there are many similarities. There are also some differences. Wear and tear kinda got to both of them in different ways. My guess is that it is probably just a generic tool used for ruins. However, we don’t know yet. After looking at the trailer for HoT again, it appears that the mursaat city in the trailer has totally different architecture than these ruins. However, the guild halls look like they use the same architecture. Hear are some screen shots.

The first one comes from the silver wastes and the second one comes from Verdant. In these screenshots I’m looking at the top of the pillars. As you can tell, both of them have the same step like design at the top. This is followed by a table that jets out a tiny bit that is supported by oval pillar things. This is then followed by a flat area sandwiched between another two tables. Particularly, look at the right silver waste pillar for the comparison. The top steps of the left one are kinda cut off a bit.

In the third at forth images, I’m comparing the doors. The third image comes from verdant and the fourth comes from the silver wastes. In the verdant image, the triangle is cut off by boulders. However, if you apply the tree like images and checkered pattern to the door at silver wastes, you can definitely see the similarities.

As you can tell, these particular two sets of ruins are very similar. This area of verdant really intrigues me, and I can’t wait to learn more.

Attachments:

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Lore

Posted by: HaseKent.1843

HaseKent.1843

There is 1 Tengu NPC in one of the camp as well. Can’t remember his name and which camp he is at… but I think he is one of the pact

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

There is 1 Tengu NPC in one of the camp as well. Can’t remember his name and which camp he is at… but I think he is one of the pact

Likely you mean Izu Steelstrike, one of the three legendary crafters/blacksmiths brought to the pact by Traehearne (Occam and Beigarth being the other two). That came is a giant PS npc call back really.

The three crafters are from one mission in the pact arcs (Though Beigarth is a major figure in one of the norn starter arcs. I want to say Occam is in one of the sylvari arcs but I’d have to check).

Then you have Shashoo, the female quaggan from the “Aid a race” arc, and Baroosh from the same arc (If you picked a certain path). BOTH show up in Orr (Baroosh is in the barge mission, Shashoo twice if you aided the quaggans). Both are now in the pact, and Shashoo apparently among the officers..

in Lore

Posted by: HaseKent.1843

HaseKent.1843

Ahhh, ok ok. I never really explore much on the PS much… Might missed them… hehe, thanks for clarify