Because I like to say random things...

in Lore

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

Random Thing #1.

Scarlet – Vines – Red..

What else is red? A bloodstone.

The Elder Jungle Dragon found a Bloodstone? There is one in Maguuma Jungle.

We must ponder this..

in Lore

Khorthall.1682

Random Thing #2.

Saw this screenshot in a forum.. is that picture of an eye? Or.. is that a Bloodstone?

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Bloodstones are big round thingies in the ground. At least the ones we saw in GW1.

How do you get from red stone to red vines?

Scarlet Briar —> Thornes —> Vines makes a bit more sense.

You know what it also red? sunset, fire, lava… Primordus?
What else is red? Inquest, Flame Legion, flowers, hair, some insects, we got some red Hylecs…

I do not mind new topics, but if we get one for every random thought about an allready existing one, then it is getting a bit crowded in here.
Nothing against you Khorthall, but you are not the first with this idea.

So could we get a mod in here, who is able to merge topics like this?
Maybe with one like this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/dragon-painting-in-scarlet-s-lair/page/3#post3553632

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

The stones are grey, not red. They’re called bloodstones because the original was sealed with King Doric’s blood.

in Lore

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

The stones are grey, not red. They’re called bloodstones because the original was sealed with King Doric’s blood.

Not the case entirely.

Attachments:

\o/

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Bloodstones are big round thingies in the ground. At least the ones we saw in GW1.

Not all of them, actually.

This is more or less a matter of semantics, honestly. All of the Bloodstone Shards/Dust are red, and in GW1 there was a Bloodstone (image linked by another) which was more or less all red. The other two Bloodstones had what appeared to be hardened lava stone around red crystalline stone.

Over time, it would appear that the stone around the original bloodstone has become part of it, more or less, in that it to has become highly magical stone. According to Linsey Murdock a long while back, the whole thing was the Bloodstone. But by all accounts we’re seeing, the red stone is the “original” Bloodstone.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Random Thing #2.

Saw this screenshot in a forum.. is that picture of an eye? Or.. is that a Bloodstone?

That’s not a bloodstone. It’s my storage vault. It just looks like a bloodstone because I have an entire stone’s worth of dust sitting in there.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Well, every bloodstone I saw in GW1 is grey. Yes, the one in the caves has some red parts up top, but the stone itself that you walk on is grey. Honestly I took those red parts more as local rock that was magically metamorphosed from the impact of the bloodstone.

Though yes, looking closely at the one in Bloodstone Fen, there do appear to be red crystalline structures coming from inside the grey stone. And Bloodstone dust is red. So yes, maybe the grey stone is hardened lava from when the shards were in Abbadon’s Mouth?

in Lore

Khorthall.1682

Not to spoil anything, but has anyone done Arah Path 4? There is a bloodstone shard at the ending. It’s red.

But anyway, I’m just a random thought here. Saw that screenshot as most people are convinced it’s an eye. To me it looks like a shard. A red shard. Who knows what such a powerful artifact can do to an Elder dragon. Enhance its abilities? Cause a change of color? Who knows, I’m just seeing a lot of red is all.

in Lore

Khorthall.1682

Random thought #3.

Thinking back on the bloodstone in Arah… didn’t you have to fight that thing? It was somehow alive? I’m not too sure on the lore of Arah path 4. But.. a living bloodstone with some sort of chaotic essence trapped within it? Who knows, could be fragments of some kind of nightmare.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Khorthall, if you note, I linked to the shard at the end of that path. :P

As to it being alive. I don’t think that was the case. Randall was going insane and during the fight turned transparent red. I think he was controlling it to mimic the five priests’ abilities.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)