Bloodstone dust: Tyrian steroids?

in Lore

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Hi everyone!

Today, I was reading the wiki about the Bloodstone-related foods, and I wondered: what if the introduction of this “joke” is actually a smart move towards improvements of classes?

Let me explain:

• The Bloodstone is a stone that contains uncorrupted magic.
  • The fragments each belong to a certain school of magic.

Thus far, it’s easy to understand, but what if the Bloodstone dust we ingest serves as a catalyzer?

This would “unlock” knowledge to each class, giving them more powerful spells/skills to use, some forgotten, some new.

With the tons of BSD roaming around Tyria (enough to recreate 45 Bloodstones), it would be easy to believe that everyone would get rid of these glittering artifacts and why not consume them. The consumption would then empower the characters’ abilities.

Therefore
Characters + bloodstone food = new powers!

What do you guys think? And nope, I haven’t consumed any myself

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Well, it seems like it reacts with blood, both in terms of how it got its name, and the rituals the White Mantle conducted back in GW1.

Maybe you could get some interesting effects by injecting it straight into the bloodstream in combination with other reagents. Sure, why not superpowers?

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Cooking it burns your hands and destroys kitchen equipment.

They are literally crystals.

I’m fairly sure that injecting/consuming bloodstone dust would be more akin to using meth.

And, uh, let’s not forget the fact that we slowly KILLED a grawl over the course of three days by feeding him bloodstone-based foods and broths.

I’m fairly sure this is all a part of ArenaNet saying “there will be no Ascended chef crafting, at least none that utilizes bloodstone dust, because it is not edible.”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Irremotus.7983

Irremotus.7983

Since bloodstone dust is really crystal shards, and deplete health upon consumption, I would say any form of newly acquired power will be from adding bloodstone dust into various weapons/tools. What would happen if someone crafting a staff with just the tips as bloodstone? Maybe someone can craft a bloodstone ladle to make new food. Eating them raw or mixing in food, I don’t think so. We could try melting the dust into soups, but somebody else can try empowerment. I’ll stick to my not raw omnomberries .

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, weaponizing bloodstone shards was a plot point for one of the dungeons in GW1, though we never saw the outcome. And I presume it’s also the basis in lore terms for ascended weapon crafting.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

what if we tipped our weapons in bloodstone dust so the blood of our enemies activates the bloodstone covering the weapon and that somehow feeds back to us and gives us kill streak sorta based boosts