Book Locations?

Book Locations?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

With all the new developments going on, I am finaly reading the books and I am a bit courious about several locations mentioned.

I know the first two were written with the game still in development, but are we actually able to visit these places in the game?

“Ghosts of Ascalon” followed Dougal Keane and his journey from Divinities Reach to Lions Arch, to Ebonhawke and finaly to Ascalon.
While we are able to follow his route in GW2, his first adventure regarding the Golems Eye seems not to be in the game.
I mean the Krypts beneath DE.
On the other hand, the destruction of the city of Ascalon and the sourounding area is kinda explained.

“Edge of Destiny” is a bit more tricky. I don’t think we can really pinpoint many places mentioned there.
However there is one particular place that got me courious:

Running from Ogre and Hyena, Rytlock, logan and Caithe discovered a hidden destroyed Dwarfen City with an Asura gate. Something that does not exist to my knowledge.
They escape via the gate, ending up near Lions Arch, however beforehand they cycle through some szenery:

• a grassy plain where wild horses run
  • a deep lagoon encircled by leaning palms
  • a sere desert where crystaline structures stood
  • a great glacier with snowcapped peaks in blue
  • a deep rain forrest
  • a hamlet in a hanging valley
  • a bustling harbor jammed with junks
  • a white city with gleaming spires (Divinities Reach)
  • a city wide white tree (The Grove)
  • a desolate tundra
  • a deep-hewn canyon
  • a storm tossed sea
  • a smoldering battlefield
  • a calving glacier
  • a trackless swamp

Now Asura gates don’t seem to need an exit. With the right calibrations, you are seemingly able to get anywhere, which is what happened here.
We get random images of a malfunction gate.

Some are a bit interesting, even though I could be interpreting too much into them.
The first four kinda represent Guild Wars 1. Kryta, Cantha, Elona and then the Shiverpeaks.

And the last ones are kinda remnicent of the Fractals. Smoldering Battlefield, Glacier, Swamp and I think i missed something out of Jade in my transcription.

Of course given the fact that this was written way before these parts of the game were even thought of, it is an itneresting thought.

Book Locations?

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

We are able to find Killeen’s grave. It’s actually a Hero Skill point (of whatever they’re called these days). You can also meet with all of the surviving members of the team somewhere in game. I think they might move around, but I can’t swear to that.

Apparently, there were originally supposed to be crypts under Divinity’s Reach, along with some docks, but they never made it into final development. Perhaps in a Living World Patch? I’m just waiting for the Activities in the cities to finally be added. Caudecus has been hogging the archery range for 4 years now! And what about that Polymock arena? I bet I could glide to it if I really wanted to…