Braham +Rox Relationship?

in Lore

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that there is some kind of underlying relationship between those two that goes beyond just friends. I don’t pay close attention to the storyline so besides Marjory x Kasmeer I don’t remember any real relationships between the ingame characters. I know its not that important, but I’ve always wondered about it and hearing the dialogue between them in Queens Gauntlet reminded me.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I don’t think so. They don’t feel like any more than friends (especially with the way Rox forces “my friend” into every line of dialogue she can), and I think the writers have hit the limit of the player tolerance for romance subplots.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I wouldn’t mind seeing a heterosexual relationship. I mean we had Caithe and Faolin, Marjory and Kasmeere. Logan and the Queen sure but it would never really happen. Granted the charr is a race that lacks romanticism entirely they reproduce strictly for furthering their species. So it would have to be norn/sylvari/human but since we have the lesbian relationship with humans and no sylvari in destiny’s edge 2.0 (No trahearne doesn’t count.) I would like to see a male/female sylvari relationship maybe Malyck and someone else.

This would be especially fitting since we are going after Mordremorth next (presumably.)

However braham and rox. No I don’t see it. Mainly because it’s like trying to get a tiger to have a relationship with a moose.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I don’t think Rox’s thing with Braham is a romantic thing she has for him, I think its more shes overprotective of him because shes scared of losing him. Her entire warband died, so I think she has issues about being abandoned, or team mates dying, which is why she obsesses over making sure Braham’s injuries are healing properly.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I have to concur. While I have no objections to seeing Braham and Rox get together romantically, I’m not getting that vibe from them. They just see each other as close friends and comrades-in-arms. Rox’s new fussing over Braham is probably a reaction based on how her original warband died and how Braham could have just as easily been killed by Scarlet.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This was already asked to the devs during a livestream, actually, and Angel McCoy responded with that there is nothing – they’re just friends.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

This was already asked to the devs during a livestream, actually, and Angel McCoy responded with that there is nothing – they’re just friends.

Thank God for that. I’m getting mighty tired of browsing these forums and seeing threads about “X and X should be in a relationship” and little if any attention being focused on the game’s lore and story.

Not a popular stance, I know, but I’m speaking from experience when I say that “shippers” can really derail a franchise if they’re allowed to run amok.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Thank God for that. I’m getting mighty tired of browsing these forums and seeing threads about “X and X should be in a relationship” and little if any attention being focused on the game’s lore and story.

Not a popular stance, I know, but I’m speaking from experience when I say that “shippers” can really derail a franchise if they’re allowed to run amok.

I’m not sure which forums you’ve been on, because I don’t think I’ve seen many relationship threads in awhile. There was a big surge when the Marjory/Kasmeer relationship was revealed, and a couple Braham/Rox ones a bit later, but I don’t think they have ever drowned out any discusses on the lore or other subjects. They have always died down after a short while.

The longest one is probably Another Lesbian Relationship thread, but that’s only on the front page because someone necro’ed it for whatever reason.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I don’t think Rox’s thing with Braham is a romantic thing she has for him, I think its more shes overprotective of him because shes scared of losing him. Her entire warband died, so I think she has issues about being abandoned, or team mates dying, which is why she obsesses over making sure Braham’s injuries are healing properly.

This is really it.

Her PTSD from losing her entire previous warband and devourer in something she had no control over definitely shows in how she’s learned in battlefield medicine (though most rangers in GW1 showed such ability as I recall), and is VERY protective and careful about Brahams leg.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I always got more of a ‘bromance’ vibe from them, something like army buddies. I like it that way.

in Lore

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I do not know if they ever will get together, but I ship them. I think it’s cute and outside the box. Because everything everywhere is going with the whole we are making homosexuals because we can, and thats a touchy subject, but a straight, yet different couple like Braham and Rox sounds cool to me. Maybe im just wierd like that, and before you say it, I’m not really into furries but I still think Braham and Rox are cute.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Lore

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I’m all for a good shipping session, but I like Rox and Braham as really close buddies.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They are just friends. People just have a tendency to think any close relationship between characters of the opposite gender = romantic. We live in the era of shipping, where regardless of how unrealistic the pairing is, people will ‘ship’ it. Apparently even if that means different species.

Braham and Rox are in a bromance, not a romance. People just can’t see it because Rox is a girl. If she were a boy there would definitely be a bunch of shippers, but for the most part people would see it as a typical “close male friendship”.

The longest one is probably Another Lesbian Relationship thread, but that’s only on the front page because someone necro’ed it for whatever reason.

That was a sad day. The longer that thread sticks around, the more motivation they give the writers to write more of the kinds of things people are protesting about.

in Lore

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Im neither for nor against a relationship between them. I never particularly liked the Braham character, but Rox was interesting enough. An interspecies relationship would have been kind of weird and I wish they would just end it with the injury focus by now. I’ve always thought that romantic relationship of any kind were pretty rare at least in the MMO genre. GW2 being a bit more story/lore driven I figured anything was possible.

in Lore

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I get more of a “heterosexual life partners” vibe from them.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeterosexualLifePartners

in Lore

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I will forever see them as potential Friends with Benefits.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

For a while it seemed like there might be something, but lately it seem Rox is more mothering Broham.

in Lore

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Btw charr relationships are usually pretty causal, so bromance doesn’t mean 100% impossibility of… you know.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Lore

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

Actually, it could be funny to run into such circumstances that Rox and Braham get alone and semi-naked (and injured), and they are asking themselves if their brotherhood of arms could lead to some mild hetero- or homeo-sexual opportunistic relationship. Imagine Rox palpating Braham’s twigh and taunting him to be more like a meaty and tasty bull than a real and appealing warrior, but this could be kind of an interesting experience, and Braham answering that he wouldn’t figure to hug a woolly dolyak skin, even if he could spend the night stroking and patting such a soft fur. Both would like to share something more beyond friendship, but would hold on to some tender gestures and soft half-ironical words, bewildered by such cultural and racial differences, and yet similarities.
I believe the writers may have an opportunity for some real and subtle work here.

(edited by Haaznahnuff.1907)

in Lore

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Actually, it could be funny to run into such circumstances that Rox and Braham get alone and semi-naked (and injured), and they are asking themselves if their brotherhood of arms could lead to some mild hetero- or homeo-sexual opportunistic relationship. Imagine Rox palpating Braham’s twigh and taunting him to be more like a meaty and tasty bull than a real and appealing warrior, but this could be kind of an interesting experience, and Braham answering that he wouldn’t figure to hug a woolly dolyak skin, even if he could spend the night stroking and patting such a soft fur. Both would like to share something more beyond friendship, but would hold on to some tender gestures and soft half-ironical words, bewildered by such cultural and racial differences, and yet similarities.
I believe the writers may have an opportunity for some real and subtle work here.

O_O

You… uh… really thought this out.

(Seriously though, I think having a Braham + Rox relationship in game would be kind of cool.)