Braham... Stegalkin?

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

I didn’t know Eir was a mom. It’ll be interesting to see if Braham’s claims are true.

Attachments:

(edited by dinominator.9862)

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I heard it’s Braham Eirsson; just as Eir’s father is Einar Cliffstrider.

Norn don’t have family names like us humans. I mean, in Hoelbrak you can find a married couple who’s last names are similar but very different, and another where the father and son’s last names differ.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

dinominator.9862

^ Good catch, Konig!

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It should also be mentioned that she’s said to be childhood friends with Krennak – who is also said to have been one of the first settlers around Hoelbrak (and iirc, there’s mention of Eir being a child when Hoelbrak was being built). So Eir’s rather old (probably around 120), so having a young adult son (so for norn that’d be, what, 30?) isn’t really odd. Norn are said to still be well fit at the age of 130, so it’s not surprising.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

In the life stream it was said that Braham is 17 years old. And Eir would be an amazing looking 120 year old, too amazing to be honest. I’d say she is around 50 if I had to make a guess.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

If Eir was a child when Hoelbrak was under construction… well, I doubt that it was being built 50 years ago by old man Knut’s grandfather. And Eir is always called an old woman.

And I wouldn’t take looks honestly for age in Tyria. There are grandmother NPCs which look like they’re late 20s/early 30s – sometimes with graying hair.

Also, we don’t know how old norn can live to be if they don’t go die in adventures – and we know that Eir spent most of her time making sculptures rather than adventuring.

Dear ANet writers,

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I didn’t know Eir was a mom. It’ll be interesting to see if Braham’s claims are true.

Eir confirms Braham is her son.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

If Eir was a child when Hoelbrak was under construction… well, I doubt that it was being built 50 years ago by old man Knut’s grandfather. And Eir is always called an old woman.

And I wouldn’t take looks honestly for age in Tyria. There are grandmother NPCs which look like they’re late 20s/early 30s – sometimes with graying hair.

Also, we don’t know how old norn can live to be if they don’t go die in adventures – and we know that Eir spent most of her time making sculptures rather than adventuring.

Hoelbrak under construction could simply mean that it wasn’t as big as it is today, so during the time Eir was a child it went from rather small homestead to the city like place it is today. I know Eir is supposed to be old, but only in relation to the other members of Destiny’s Edge. I think Knut calls her even young in the book, but I don’t remember it so well anymore.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

Hoelbrak was probably expanding into what it is now when she was a girl so being over 35 makes sense especially if she has a 17 year old son… How old is the original Hoelbrak settlement?

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

The funny part is one of reasons Rytlock gave for kicking Braham out of his office is he claimed he knows Eir well enough that she doesn’t have a son, & he hates being lied to. Looks like Eir is going to have a hard time when Rytlock discovers the truth from pact commander. Juicy norn family scandal to be explored later in the series?

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Braham says the reason he appoached Rytlock first was he wanted to avoid meeting his mother. It sounds like they dont get along well. We dont know the details yet. For whatever reason, Eir and Braham’s father Borj the Sun-Chaser seem to have a split after his birth. One of the people in Braham’s home settlement talks of when Borj arrived carrying Braham as a baby.

Hopefully we will learn more later. Id be curious about the age thing too. We know norn can live a very long time but how fast do they actually age? At what age to norn women stop being able to have babies?

Also, considering Rytlock never explained to anyone why he left his warband (the stone warband by the way) I suspect he wont be too angry at Eir if its clear its something Eir doesnt want to talk about.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

He never left the warband. He’s just been on extended missions that kept him distanced from them – because, iirc from EoD, he didn’t get along with them well.

Dear ANet writers,

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

dinominator.9862

The funny part is one of reasons Rytlock gave for kicking Braham out of his office is he claimed he knows Eir well enough that she doesn’t have a son, & he hates being lied to. Looks like Eir is going to have a hard time when Rytlock discovers the truth from pact commander. Juicy norn family scandal to be explored later in the series?

Cue “Jerry Springer” chant…

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: Unindal.9102

Unindal.9102

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I gotta say, that was a great story too! Always glad when they add these little stories to the game, like the story of Cadeyrn creating the Nightmare Court and such.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I heard it’s Braham Eirsson; just as Eir’s father is c

Norn don’t have family names like us humans. I mean, in Hoelbrak you can find a married couple who’s last names are similar but very different, and another where the father and son’s last names differ.

Norn Follow Scandinavian naming system, aka the Patriarchal naming system.

In the case the father is not known, the child adopts the mothers name.

In the case of Braham, its Braham Eirsson.

But because Braham hasnt done anything significant that earns him a title he still holds onto the parent name.

Eir’s full name would have been Eir Einarsdottir, for what reason she changed it to Stegalkin we dont know, just like her dad’s Cliffstrider.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

But his father is known, in fact he raised him. So his name should be Braham Borjesson.

Braham... Stegalkin?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The difference between norn and Scandinavian tends to be that the norn take their surnames from the more famous parent (though by norn tradition, marriage only occurs between two of equal status’ – though Eir certainly has gained lots of street cred since 17 years ago) until they earn their own surname – based off of NPC dialogue in Hoelbrak (specifically a certain “Wolfsdottir” NPC).

Dear ANet writers,