"Bubbles" the hidden Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Out of all the elder dragons “Bubbles” seem to be only one in this entire game where we have not seen one of his Minions.

We have mention of DSD minions by the inquest since they captured one or maybe more in other inquest bases but even then we still manage to magically avoid seeing DSD minions.

Mordy’s minions was not much of a mystery since get to see his first type being the Husks in Crucible of Eternity.

Anyone want to guess when we may finally get to see a DSD minion?

I’m just throwing a curve ball and say maybe after we defeat all the other ED or sometime after we defeat Primordus, Jormag, or Kralkatorrik as the 3rd ED we defeat since so far DSD been avoiding the Order and Pact so DSD appears to be the only ED that can build his army with minimal interference.

They may lead to DSD having the largest Minion army.

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Mordy’s minions was not much of a mystery since get to see his first type being the Husks in Crucible of Eternity.

I think it’ll be quite awhile before we get to “Bubbles”. I mean it’s been 3 years and we haven’t even gotten to Mordremoth yet.

But as far was the Husks and Mordremoth. It seems that Husks may actually a plant creature all of their own. Although the Nightmare court did have them around, and the Inquest did experiment on them, it seems that they are tied to the Great Jungle Wurm.

Unless of course GJW is itself a minion/champion of Mordremoth then Husks would be also.

But there are hints and rumors about the GJW that suggest that it is part of “something darker” then the nightmare court…which could suggest it being tied to Mordy, but its not conclusive.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Well we’re getting to Mordy soon once October 23rd hits.

I’m more curious on how in the world have the Order and the Pact made little contact with any of DSD minions despite Inquests having captured some of them a live.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Why? As far as we know the Pact haven’t shown any interest in moving beyond Tyria to wherever Bubbles’ territory is. Plenty of dragons here. Just because the Inquest went out of their way to acquire (as far as we know) a single specimen as part of their research, we shouldn’t assume an army that’s been occupied with fighting Zhaitan, Jormag, and Mordremoth have.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I find the presumption that we’ll fight all six Elder Dragons laughable, in all honesty.

3 1/3 years just to face down the second one. At the rate Anet goes, we’d face the sixth in 20 years post-intial release.

Honestly, the plot will have grown so stale by then that I cannot see Anet – or the playerbase – thriving on it so long. Even if we include a seemingly non-ED plot in between like Scarlet originally seemed to be (but wait it wasn’t!).

GW1 had completed its main development within 4 years. Killed by GW2.

I’m sorry, but who can honestly think GW2 to last so long?

Either we’re going to start facing off multiple dragons in one go, or some will be left to remain distant threats like Primordus already is. And given that Mordremoth is possibly the most interesting Elder Dragon due to the sylvari tie-in, I’m expecting both to happen immediately after Mordy – we kill off Jormag and Kralkatorrik in expansion #2, and leave Primordus ans Scleritethin to become distanced threats.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I’m expecting something to do with them being replaced in an “automated” process. Basically something happens at the end of this expansion or the next that results in the replacement or pacification of the remaining dragons.

We already have a setup for a replacement of Mordemoth via Glint’s Egg, though we don’t know if the baby (assuming it actually hatches) could be strong enough to take on the mantle of Mordremoth. There’s also Gleam and presumably the Pale Tree.

It sounds as if that’s the path they’re taking us down. That or what Konig said. We finish off the remaining two major threats and leave Primordus and DSD

noice

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Well we know each Elder dragon don’t like each other so we may have future story arc where two of the Elder Dragons go to war with each other so we can remove 2 in one story Arc.

As for removing the remaining well we still lack info on where the Elder Dragons come from and their origins so maybe finding that may lead to a event that cause the remaining dragons we have not defeated yet to be removed.

Back on topic:

Bubble’s minions has been avoided so far but the Inquest has shown to have the means to captre DSD’s minions they may have captured more and placed them in other research labs.
Not to mention each Elder Dragon does seek to expand their territory so eventually DSD may head into our current Tyria location and the Pact is giving them plenty of room by removing certain Elder Dragons.

Unless DSD has eyes on another place we can’t enter yet and force them to send someone to ask for the Pact’s aid.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

So the new masteries page on the HoT site has this three-headed dragon attacking LA from the seas….

DSD?

Attachments:

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

havent we all agreed he’s name is Steve AKA bubbles and like konig posted it seems LA is about to be destroyed again

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Fortunately, that’s the GW1 lion statue. As long as we leave it at the bottom of the harbor, this catastrophe can clearly be averted.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

So the new masteries page on the HoT site has this three-headed dragon attacking LA from the seas….

DSD?

oh nice find. I have not seen the new arts yet for HoT but if this is true then we may kill both Mordremoth and DSD in HoT era. Early art did show DSD to have 2 heads but Anet often changes things until the final product is done so it wouldn’t be far if Anet decides to make DSD has three heads now.

I can only guess it may mean DSD may appear in HoT and have us fight both Modremoth and DSD or maybe Mordremoth remains the focus of HoT Storyline and Season 3 serves to be the Storyline for DSD.

However, these are just my guess.

Fortunately, that’s the GW1 lion statue. As long as we leave it at the bottom of the harbor, this catastrophe can clearly be averted.

It may be a glimps to what caused the fall of the original LA since we know a tidal wave hit the GW1 LA. People assumed it was Zhaitan but may be it was DSD all along.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

People, he’s had a name for decades…millennia, even…

Cthulhu.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

I still prefer to call him Spongebob, the terror of Bikini Bottom.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

What if Bubbles is the real power behind everything and Mordremoth is just like Algae?

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

What if Bubbles is the real power behind everything and Mordremoth is just like Algae?

Yes he is that evil antagonist hiding behind the scenes. Pretending to not be a threat but when the time is right he takes off his mask and say “I am THE Elder Dragon.”

EVIL LAUGH

Jokes a side and back on Topic:

I a bit curious on how the DSD makes his minions and where are they located. Current lore says that DSD is creating minions only in water based locations such as Lakes and Rivers beyond the Unending Ocean within his territory but this would imply DSD may have claimed some land zones already during the Movement of the World.

The question remains what land zones did the DSD claim and where are those places.

in Lore

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Out of all the elder dragons “Bubbles” seem to be only one in this entire game where we have not seen one of his Minions.

We have mention of DSD minions by the inquest since they captured one or maybe more in other inquest bases but even then we still manage to magically avoid seeing DSD minions.

Anyone want to guess when we may finally get to see a DSD minion?

I’m just throwing a curve ball and say maybe after we defeat all the other ED or sometime after we defeat Primordus, Jormag, or Kralkatorrik as the 3rd ED we defeat since so far DSD been avoiding the Order and Pact so DSD appears to be the only ED that can build his army with minimal interference.

They may lead to DSD having the largest Minion army.

technically the first Mordremoth minion we saw was the sylvari xD

-random sylvari-
oh….pretty statue drags it up

hey guys. look what i found! lets set it up at the harbor mouth =D

Well we know each Elder dragon don’t like each other so we may have future story arc where two of the Elder Dragons go to war with each other so we can remove 2 in one story Arc.

As for removing the remaining well we still lack info on where the Elder Dragons come from and their origins so maybe finding that may lead to a event that cause the remaining dragons we have not defeated yet to be removed.

Back on topic:

Bubble’s minions has been avoided so far but the Inquest has shown to have the means to captre DSD’s minions they may have captured more and placed them in other research labs.
Not to mention each Elder Dragon does seek to expand their territory so eventually DSD may head into our current Tyria location and the Pact is giving them plenty of room by removing certain Elder Dragons.

Unless DSD has eyes on another place we can’t enter yet and force them to send someone to ask for the Pact’s aid.

or the DSD might be working on a different continent….

say….cantha?

as that continent is much more focused on the coast.

if all the elder dragons ever focus on is Tyria. i’m gonna get really bored with them.

so what if they kill Tyria….we have life on other continents. big pitty if we lose. life will continue on on those continents the elder dragons ignored.

so much for a big threat. just move to a different continent…

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

(edited by arenta.2953)

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Well Lore wise it is currently impossible to move to a different Continent because Elona and Cantha are cut off.

Elona lost contact long ago due to Joko’s rule and the only way to Elona now is through the Crystal Desert and that is where Kralkatorrik currently hides.

Cantha was cut off by Zhaitan and their isolation policy but with Zhaitan gone the only thing keeping people from making contact with Cantha is their Isolation policy and Xenophobic Policies of no other species allowed in Cantha except for Humans thanks to their Xenophobic Emperor. The Zephyr mentioned a beautiful contient they been to that remains unharmed by Elder Dragon influence which people currently suspects to be Cantha.

Cantha is only believed to be still standing due to how Canthan ship remains still wash up into Kryta.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well we’re getting to Mordy soon once October 23rd hits.

Or maybe not.
With the new raid system we might only get to Mordy in X-number of raids i.e. he might not be immediately killable at launch.

I find the presumption that we’ll fight all six Elder Dragons laughable, in all honesty.

3 1/3 years just to face down the second one. At the rate Anet goes, we’d face the sixth in 20 years post-intial release.

Honestly, the plot will have grown so stale by then that I cannot see Anet – or the playerbase – thriving on it so long. Even if we include a seemingly non-ED plot in between like Scarlet originally seemed to be (but wait it wasn’t!).

Either we’re going to start facing off multiple dragons in one go, or some will be left to remain distant threats like Primordus already is. And given that Mordremoth is possibly the most interesting Elder Dragon due to the sylvari tie-in, I’m expecting both to happen immediately after Mordy – we kill off Jormag and Kralkatorrik in expansion #2, and leave Primordus ans Scleritethin to become distanced threats.

Agreed. I was kinda hoping for the Primordus vs Mordy in this expansion (fire vs wood XD ). But yeah the problem with the EDs is this horrid predictability, and the wonderful convenience of them just lazing around waiting for us to come and kill them.

havent we all agreed he’s name is Steve AKA bubbles and like konig posted it seems LA is about to be destroyed again

If he wants to identify at ‘Steve’ then I’m more than happy to call him that.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Not to mention there are way more interesting stories than HURDUR evil dragon is about to destroy the world.

I for one am a big fan of the Human Charr peace treaty and the tensions around it.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Not to mention there are way more interesting stories than HURDUR evil dragon is about to destroy the world.

I for one am a big fan of the Human Charr peace treaty and the tensions around it.

but in the end the Elder Dragon is always involved in some way.

For example, if we lose the Human Charr peace treaty we will lose support from both Charr and Humans for the fight against the Elder Dragon.

Caudecus doesn’t support the Charr peace treaty because he is using the hatred between Charrs and Humans as a mean to gain support. Not to mention he doesn’t see the Elder Dragons as a threat so if he succeeds in ruining the treaty and take the throne Tyria is most likely going to be screwed by the Elder Dragons.

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

For example, if we lose the Human Charr peace treaty we will lose support from both Charr and Humans for the fight against the Elder Dragon.

Caudecus doesn’t support the Charr peace treaty because he is using the hatred between Charrs and Humans as a mean to gain support. Not to mention he doesn’t see the Elder Dragons as a threat so if he succeeds in ruining the treaty and take the throne Tyria is most likely going to be screwed by the Elder Dragons.

We don’t really have the full Charr support as is. Currently we have the Iron Legion with limited support from Ash and Blood (and obviously no Flame support :P ). But so far we haven’t heard much from the Ash and Blood Imperator. Now we can argue that they’re working through their Tribunes but their absence at the world summit is notable much in the same way that Ebonhawks absence as the world summit was also noticeable.

in Lore

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

well there is an investigation in la, sylvari died by the beach. maybe it has sth to do with dsd and this concept art

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Given all the indications of hatred towards sylvari ever since Scarlet that have been in LA, I am doubtful that the death of one sylvari would be tied to three massive dragon heads.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Given all the indications of hatred towards sylvari ever since Scarlet that have been in LA, I am doubtful that the death of one sylvari would be tied to three massive dragon heads.

Well from current lore it seems Bubbles was heading towards LA anyways, no matter what Scarlet did or not, due to how most deep sea refugees mentioned being pushed into Kryta no matter how far they ran from DSD influence.

Guess DSD just had a very long pit stop over these hundreds of years.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

We don’t really have the full Charr support as is. Currently we have the Iron Legion with limited support from Ash and Blood (and obviously no Flame support :P ). But so far we haven’t heard much from the Ash and Blood Imperator. Now we can argue that they’re working through their Tribunes but their absence at the world summit is notable much in the same way that Ebonhawks absence as the world summit was also noticeable.

Actually, we know that Ash fully supports Iron in it’s peace treaty with the humans. Blood is the wild card though. See: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bangar_Ruinbringer. I’ve had my suspicion that most renegades and most flame legion defectors were blood legion soldiers.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Actually, we know that Ash fully supports Iron in it’s peace treaty with the humans. Blood is the wild card though. See: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bangar_Ruinbringer. I’ve had my suspicion that most renegades and most flame legion defectors were blood legion soldiers.

Even so, we see Blood Legion troops with the Pact in the Silverwastes, and the Iron Legion certainly didn’t send them.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

They were most likely sent by Fierhan Sparwind – who would have just suddenly received the duties of both Blood Legion Tribunes in the Ascalon area with Rytlock’s disappearance – at the ‘insistence’ of Smodur.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I’m with WP on this in saying, I want to see LA destroy any attempt at attack for a change. Thus showing the Consortium’s true and current powerful grip over the city of LA.

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

They were most likely sent by Fierhan Sparwind – who would have just suddenly received the duties of both Blood Legion Tribunes in the Ascalon area with Rytlock’s disappearance – at the ‘insistence’ of Smodur.

My thinking too.
At the top is the Khan-Ur (which doesn’t strictly speaking exist at present) then there are the Imperator who run each legion. Below them are the Tribunes. Rytlock was the blood legion Tribune in the Black Citadel making him in charge of all blood legion troops in the Iron Legion lands. BUT as far as I recall (can’t remember the source) when one legion enters another legions lands they become subject to the rules and laws of that legion but also become subordinate to their command structure (assuming they’re not entering as enemy combatants). Thus Rytlock himself (as long as he was in Iron lands) was subject to Smodur’s command.
So Smodur could order the Blood Legion soldiers in the BC as he sees fit (presumably only the Blood Legion Imperator would be able to out-rule him).

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I think it’ll be quite awhile before we get to “Bubbles”. I mean it’s been 3 years and we haven’t even gotten to Mordremoth yet.

But as far was the Husks and Mordremoth. It seems that Husks may actually a plant creature all of their own. Although the Nightmare court did have them around, and the Inquest did experiment on them, it seems that they are tied to the Great Jungle Wurm.

Unless of course GJW is itself a minion/champion of Mordremoth then Husks would be also.

But there are hints and rumors about the GJW that suggest that it is part of “something darker” then the nightmare court…which could suggest it being tied to Mordy, but its not conclusive.

I doubt all husks are Mordy’s, any more than all undead belong to big Z.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The husks are tied to the sylvari just like sylvan hounds are. It’s not the same as the undead-risen comparison.

It’d be a more accurate comparison to say “I doubt all plant monsters are Mordy’s, any more than all undead belong to big Z.”

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Itzpapalotl.5802

Itzpapalotl.5802

My belief is that the DSD is trapped under the Jade Sea. Remember Kuunavang? My theory is that she is/was his champion and because of him being trapped in the Jade Sea made by Shiro, that she was able to act freely and to help the heroes in Factions. It seems that the connections of ED to their champions and minions are a telepathic/mental connection. Because there wasn’t anything to really break the tie between Glint and Kralk that she had to be cleansed and for that she was permanently free of Kralk’s influence. Kuuny, on the other hand, only has a temporary break in her being controlled by the DSD. Cantha is so far from Kryta and the land that we have access to that we wouldn’t see any of the DSD minions this far from his territory, if they are in fact active now.

We can’t access Cantha and for all we know it’s utter chaos there especially due to them becoming completely xenophobic. So unless Anet will allow us to travel to Cantha, we may never see the DSD. Also, because of the Jade Sea being completely solid, the DSD may not have his connection to Kuunavang and was unable to awaken properly. I imagine it would be quite hard to break through all of that water turned to jade, so if he has awoken, then he is probably quite upset.

in Lore

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

My belief is that the DSD is trapped under the Jade Sea. Remember Kuunavang? My theory is that she is/was his champion and because of him being trapped in the Jade Sea made by Shiro, that she was able to act freely and to help the heroes in Factions. It seems that the connections of ED to their champions and minions are a telepathic/mental connection. Because there wasn’t anything to really break the tie between Glint and Kralk that she had to be cleansed and for that she was permanently free of Kralk’s influence. Kuuny, on the other hand, only has a temporary break in her being controlled by the DSD. Cantha is so far from Kryta and the land that we have access to that we wouldn’t see any of the DSD minions this far from his territory, if they are in fact active now.

We can’t access Cantha and for all we know it’s utter chaos there especially due to them becoming completely xenophobic. So unless Anet will allow us to travel to Cantha, we may never see the DSD. Also, because of the Jade Sea being completely solid, the DSD may not have his connection to Kuunavang and was unable to awaken properly. I imagine it would be quite hard to break through all of that water turned to jade, so if he has awoken, then he is probably quite upset.

Except the entire reason quaggan, krait, and largos are around is because the DSD drove them out of the depths.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s been explicitly stated that the Deep Sea Dragon awoke in the Unending Ocean. While that covers about 3/4th of the world, that definitely does not include the Jade Sea.

My estimations actually point to the DSD awaking south of Sunrise Crest (the continent west of Tyria).

Also, we know for a fact that Cantha’s not in utter chaos. You might have missed it, but during Festival of the Winds (the prologue for S2), the Zephyrites talked about their previous landing location – while they never gave a name, they brought decorations from the place. Marjory Delaqua, known to be of Canthan descent, comments about how the decorations reminds her of her grandfather’s possessions from his homeland (or something to the degree). One can easily piece together that the Zephyrite’s previous location was Cantha, and the Zephyrites described it as a beautiful place full of culture.

A place in utter chaos or even at war would not fit such a description.

@Darali: You forgot karka.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Oni Identity.4837

Oni Identity.4837

Did anyone notice the saltwater in story mission, where you have to go through the three trials of the forgotten? (first one being; defeat a member of each dragon minion type, expect “bubbles”)
- What if, let’s say for the fun of it, that “bubbles” don’t need dragon minions as the others do? not sayin’ that none exists, but I for some reason, I think that his minions will be gigantic and that the other dragon minions will be like insects to these.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I did notice the saltwater – a lot of folks did. But while gargantuan minions wouldn’t be surprising, I can’t say that the DSD “doesn’t have minions” as the very first – and most reliable case of his existence – states that it twists water into tentacled creatures. That would be minions.

The saltwater was clearly done so as to keep the DSD’s minions a secret… but honestly, I think it would have been better for them to make a single minion and toss it in.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I did notice the saltwater – a lot of folks did. But while gargantuan minions wouldn’t be surprising, I can’t say that the DSD “doesn’t have minions” as the very first – and most reliable case of his existence – states that it twists water into tentacled creatures. That would be minions.

The saltwater was clearly done so as to keep the DSD’s minions a secret… but honestly, I think it would have been better for them to make a single minion and toss it in.

Personally, I love the idea of DSD being the largest of all the dragons, because it’s had so much space to grow in the deepest parts of the ocean, so having a regular minion be the size of a veteran or champion would be interesting, it would also be more mechanically viable if that expansion is also underwater, because theres always more room to space out mobs.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Perhaps the Forgotten never encountered the DSD minions hence why they had no template to make a minion for the challenge.

Or they may be unable to exist on land or in the context of the challenge.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Argon: I can’t really see making such a fight viable though…

@Randulf: I doubt that they encountered destroyer harpies, risen humans, branded minotaurs, or mordrem stoneheads.

Those are all modern dragon minions. So the fight was likely based off of the Pact Commander’s own knowledge of dragon minions.

Otherwise I’d expect an icebrood jotun, a branded mursaat, a risen Forgotten, and a mordrem Seer.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ah yes good point, that makes more sense

in Lore

Posted by: Mushroomz.4280

Mushroomz.4280

DSD really isn’t a threat to Tyria anyways, unless you want to cross the ocean, and nobody really seems to want to ‘yet’, he doesn’t need to be dealt with. Until we get water combat mechanic improvements, I doubt we’ll encounter this dragon or its minions anytime soon. Heart of Thorns has pretty much no major instances of water combat, clearly they probably aren’t ready to tackle it yet. Plus defeating Kralkatorrik and DSD opens the doors to Cantha and Elona… I doubt they’re ready to open those cans of worms yet :P

in Lore

Posted by: Oni Identity.4837

Oni Identity.4837

If DSD resembles anything like Sin (from Final Fantasy X), I am more than happy;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjCDwSg3L5w

So far, I found the Zhaitan and Mordremoth.. really lacking in the “epic” apartment – but I still wonder what the DSD second field of power is, like Zhaitan; Death – Magic/Darkness, Mordremoth; Nature/Mind.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Mushroomz: Unless the DSD is drawn to Tyria by five objects of huge magic, and two large explosions of magic along ley lines.

But, I mean, really, why would a magic-consuming entity be possibly drawn in by such. (/s)

Though given the refugees flowing in from the Unending Ocean, it seems that the DSD was pushing towards Tyria ever-so-slowly since it woke. Otherwise, the refugees would be going in other directions.

@Oni: I think the models for Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s bodies were very well done. True, it’s a bit odd that Mordremoth’s body is a giant snake-like thing, but given that he regrows his body from his corruption it also makes a bit of sense (though perhaps the vine monster with a Shadow Behemoth frame would make more sense).

The Mordremoth fight was beyond epic, if you add in the Mouth of Mordremoth fight. That’s what a fight with an Elder Dragon should feel like, IMO, though there’s always room for improvements.

Don’t think what we saw in his mind is his body – it’s just an avatar made to fight us.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah I rather liked Zhaitan’s model, it was pretty unique actually. A dragon made of dragons, you don’t see that very often.

in Lore

Posted by: Mushroomz.4280

Mushroomz.4280

What’s Bubbles going do? Run up in the middle of Tyria? He’s the deep sea dragon, if he’s fought anywhere besides the middle of the ocean, something is not right. Clearly there is magic in the ocean, the Krait, Quaggan, and Largos were existing in aquatic civilizations much as the terrestrial races of Tyria do.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I think the biggest problem with DSD’s threat is that Zhaitan pretty much already did what a sea monster would do – disrupted seafaring and drowned the coastal cities.

I’m curious to see what Anet can come up with that would feel fresh and not a Zhaitan copy.

Of course if we get proper nautical zones and boats (!) it doesn’t really matter if the threat perceived is already familiar.

Boats… that would be awesome. Before HoT I would have said not a chance, since there were no moving platforms in GW2 before the helix. Now that they’ve shown it can be done in the engine, and done pretty fluid, too (no pun intended), I’m pretty optimistic that we could get moving vehicles like airships and boats where we can actually stand aboard. Steering them ourselves? Well not getting my hopes up about that yet

EDIT: And the decimation of Pact’s air fleet would be a perfect excuse why we would be using boats instead of airships in the next expansion/season.

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Humorouslye enough, the moving platforms came from SAB. Same with jumping mushrooms/platforms that we saw later at Dragonbash and then in HoT.

SAB pushed the engine’s capabilities to new heights that without we wouldn’t have so many awesome things we see in HoT.

Yet they don’t continue it.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Are all elder dragons male?
perhaps naming the Deep Sea Dragon “Ursula” would be more fitting.
I still have the dream of a Hanse-like bond of sea- and trading cities like Lion’s Arch and you’ve got to sail from one to the other to protect trading routes and protect the cities from tentacle monsters from attacking and if you fail, all Blacklion-trading institutions (TP, vendors, you can still open chest of course) fail too.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Are all elder dragons male?
perhaps naming the Deep Sea Dragon “Ursula” would be more fitting.
I still have the dream of a Hanse-like bond of sea- and trading cities like Lion’s Arch and you’ve got to sail from one to the other to protect trading routes and protect the cities from tentacle monsters from attacking and if you fail, all Blacklion-trading institutions (TP, vendors, you can still open chest of course) fail too.

We already know the DSD’s name starts with an “S”. That’s where “Steve” comes from. We could call her “Shirley” of course, if you prefer?

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

Imagine 4 giant underwater-only borderlands in wvw