Can non-asuran races own golems?

in Lore

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Whenever a golem appears they are always accompanied by an Asura. Is it possible for a non-Asuran to own a golem?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Yes. It’s just a matter of figuring out how to control it, and if you don’t have an asura to do it for you, make it. Off the top of my head I can think of skritt and at least one human using golems in-game.

EDIT: And in GW1, of course, there was M.O.X..

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Any player can own a golem banker or a siege golem.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

This was made by a human and is the clearest example of a golem made/controlled by a non-asura.

The Skritt example Aaron mentioned is probably this one (although it is actually a driverless powersuit). There are a few more examples I think of skritt using parts of broken golems to create new functional golems though.

Scarlet (a sylvari) had her Twisted Watchwork, which were sort-of golems and which in turn were based on the human-made Watchknights.

This could also be called a golem and was made by dwarves.

in Lore

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

How about these?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_Legion_Effigy
Magical moving construct = golem

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Actually, I was thinking about the regular ones milling about in the back of Skrittsburgh, although that’s an even better example- she took an asuran device and modified it into something else, and it still works.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I always rationalized that one of my Asura builds and maintains simple golems to use for my other characters that tend to function as storage or for simple labor like gathering and chopping trees.