Can someone please explain?

in Lore

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Why would mordy control scarlet to wake her up early? Dragons sleep for a certain amount of time kinda like hibernation why would a bear try to wake itself up in the middle of its hibernation… Mordy eats poops sleeps, theres very little mordy would gain from scarlet waking her up and cant a dragon simply just wake itself up? Whats the point of going through all that trouble to wake yourself up…. I honestly dont see how people are coming up with the idea that mordy got inside scarlets head to wake itself up (very angrily with a huge roar i might add) it makes ZERO sense who really led scarlet to mordy ???

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Yes, dragons sleep for a certain amount of time but they can be helped to wake up early. They can’t do this by themselves, they need help from others. And yes, it appears as though they have a motive to wake up early.

At least, something along those lines can be inferred from Primordus: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus

Apparently they went to sleep because of a lack of food (magic to be precise) and they want to wake now because magic levels have risen quite a lot since they went to sleep. Other motives might also play a role (destruction, corruption and so on) however why they would come into play now and not earlier or later is unclear.

For more information see here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon and here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ruined_City_of_Arah_(explorable)#Dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

Mordremoth didn’t specifically order Scarlet to awaken him, his presence drove her insane and in her insanity (for whatever reason) she decided to stir the powers that created her.
Also, since the dragons are sentient beings (unlike bears) it seems obvious that they want to awaken and stay awake for as long as possible.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

While it is possible, we don’t know if Mordy was “the Entity” that was manipulating Scarlet. People have assumed as much, because Scarlet’s main goal was to awaken it, but there hasn’t been any evidence as of yet making the direct connection.

They can’t do this by themselves, they need help from others. And yes, it appears as though they have a motive to wake up early.

As shown by Kralk, the Elder Dragons can awaken themselves, without the need of a champion working on their behalf. Glint was probably Kralk’s “alarm clock”, and she was actively working against him and plotting his death. It just most likely takes them a bit longer to wake up by themselves.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

As shown by Kralk, the Elder Dragons can awaken themselves, without the need of a champion working on their behalf. Glint was probably Kralk’s “alarm clock”, and she was actively working against him and plotting his death. It just most likely takes them a bit longer to wake up by themselves.

I meant that they (seem to) need help to wake up early, not to wake up at all.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

A lot things are not explained. Our character assumes that the dragon was her initial goal, since it woke when she died, but there is also the wurm. I think her goal was to stir up the fight that is hidden away from us and this fight is about our future (or better the future of Tyria). It’s funny, because the dragons seem to play a minor role since they are omitted from most of our enemy factions and others, but they are not unimportant. The entity that is always talked about doesn’t need to be a dragon, but that is the only creature we know of that fits some criteria. I don’t think she had a master in form of a commanding entity, I got the impression that she had her own problem with the world as it is and the dark picture entity in her head had the same. The factions she forged are quite interesting from several perspectives and they have leader which we don’t know (except Mai Trin). At the moment we fought her, she seemed to be the leader of the guild (don’t know if this term fits here) and there might be a huge base in Tyria (Steam-Tyria) which I want to visit (remember the huge mist gate over Lornar’s Pass during Marionette). Our interpretation of the happenings is not deep enough to understand what she really drove and our NPC allies either holding informations back or are in the same situation that they don’t know what really is up (and that is what I hope 2nd LS will reveal, but that’s a long way). We are so far away from any insight, that I am afraid that I will see Tyria getting destroyed part for part without having the chance to stop it.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Maybe Mordy was afraid that he’d be late for the buffet, with all the other dragons munching on all that magic sooner or later there’d be hardly anything left for him.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

in Lore

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

Or, she woke him early, before he gathered enought strengh, so we could kill him because she saw our defeat in the future, but knowing no one will belive her, she chose the lesser evil path… I still believe that Scarlet is a nice person u_u since she gathered the threat to individual race into alliance so that we can cleave in it and get rid of the “minor” threat and focus on dragons, because honnestly, lore wise, she could have disrupted the asuran gate and screw us hard… More over, presenting herself as an evil character and getting killed by “heroes” will boost up the Pact moral, she planned it all !

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Or, she woke him early, before he gathered enought strengh, so we could kill him because she saw our defeat in the future,

This theory would work if she didn’t give it a huge magical meal to wake it up. If she wanted to just wake it up, she could have possibly just taken her giant flying drill and then proceed to drill directly above him. It would have either woken it up, or it would have exposed it in its slumbering state.

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

Hmmm you can think of magic as electicity, if you overload a system, it doesn’t give him extra meals, it fries the system. Likewise, he was sipping the leys of magic while the other dragon (at least Zhaïtan) was gathering magic items, then you overflow his “straw”, that woke him up with a little bit of choking. Moreover, he could have waken up way past the slaying of the other dragons, as a fail-safe dragon and during that time he would have gathered way much more magic and the pact could be sloppy or disbanded at that time.

~Let’s start a Scarlet fan-club !

(edited by The Sixteenth.2561)

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Magic doesn’t work like electricity though. If they are anything like their minions, the more magic their absorb, the stronger they get. It doesn’t help matters at all, in between the 6 Elder Dragon, they can consume a majority of magic of the entirety of Tyria. That’s a lot of magic only divided six ways.

And Zhaitan did a huge meal ticket, it was the Artesian Waters. I’m not sure if it is as strong as it use to be, but the Waters radiated enough magical energy to draw the Six’s attention to Tyria in the first place. Something that can’t be said for the ley line convergence.

in Lore

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I don’t see the reason why Mordy really needed to wake up. Obviously not to eats since it was already feeding on Ley Lines. Perhaps Scarlet is just trying to create chaos by forming all the bad-guy groups, awakening the Wurm, Awakening Mordy, destroying LA, ect ect. Or she could be trying to attack the Pale Tree. If we think back to “What Scarlet Saw”, she did think of herself as the thorny vine constricting the Pale Tree. She could be doing all this for the heck of it too. Who knows her reasoning.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

(edited by Phoenix Fire.6203)

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

And Zhaitan did a huge meal ticket, it was the Artesian Waters. I’m not sure if it is as strong as it use to be, but the Waters radiated enough magical energy to draw the Six’s attention to Tyria in the first place. Something that can’t be said for the ley line convergence.

And that’s why it’s a lesser evil to bump him up now rather than let him sip the ley lines further more ! The point is that the magic he got with that spike of magic is less than what he could have gathered if we let him be. Moreover, there is the possibility that he could have wake up a few years after the defeat of the 5 other dragon, while the Pact reactivity went in peace mode or worst, is disbanded.
I must say that once again, Scarlet is a nice person !

@Phoenix Fire
The time he could have wake up could be hundreds of years later than now, meanning he would have gathered more magic, more over, if it’s after we slayed the 5 dragons, there is no other dragon consumming magic than him, which means more magic flowing in the ley lines than thousand of year before ! It would be a gradual incrase so he won’t wake up until his sneeze can wipe tyria twice. But that sudden spike that woke him is nothing compared to how much magic he got through thousands years of sipping, yet it is sudden enough to wake him !
Scarlet is a genius !

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think she was ordered to wake him up, so much as that was her “screw you” to the dragon driving her insane and trying to take control. Much like I think it was her intent to basically sacrifice herself doing that so those who would kill her would be aware and focused on that threat.

At least, that’s how I interpret that. It could be she just wanted to laugh and ask if the wake up call was too early, then offer to explain the history Mordremoth missed with her giant marionettes and silly voices.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

And that’s why it’s a lesser evil to bump him up now rather than let him sip the ley lines further more ! The point is that the magic he got with that spike of magic is less than what he could have gathered if we let him be.

To make that statement, we would need to know how much magic Mordy was naturally taking from the ley line he might have been on, how much longer it would have taken him to awaken by the ley line’s magic alone, and how much strength he would have compared to natural awakening versus Scarlet’s “helped” awakening.

We have no clue on any of these subjects. Until then, you can’t say for certain that what Scarlet did was a greater evil or a lesser one.

And as I said before, if Scarlet was a “good” guy, and she wanted to awaken him earlier so he was easier to deal with, she should have taken her giant flying drill, stuck it right above him, and she should have drilled down until she hit bone. That would have probably have woken him up just as easily. If it didn’t, he would have been easy pickens then.

Instead, she just gave him a huge shot of adrenalin and basically said, “Hahaha. Have fun folks! He’s your problem to deal with now.”

in Lore

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

Modry never controlled her. Omad’s machine disconnected her from the dream and Mordy’s presence was there. She more likely did what she did for answers.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

And that’s why it’s a lesser evil to bump him up now rather than let him sip the ley lines further more ! The point is that the magic he got with that spike of magic is less than what he could have gathered if we let him be. Moreover, there is the possibility that he could have wake up a few years after the defeat of the 5 other dragon, while the Pact reactivity went in peace mode or worst, is disbanded.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….

You reallize that she prevented magic from flowing elsewhere. It wasn’t a one time thing. It’s continuously happening.

Furthermore, while asleep, Elder Dragons do not feed (to our knowledge), but rather exude magic. So the magic of the ley line is more likely to have been going away from Mordremoth than it was to him. This means that Scarlet made the ley lines not only do a 180, but prevented them from going anywhere but Mordremoth.

And how can you call someone who intentionally killed thousands, uniting xenophobic factions against the greater united nations, and feed an Elder Dragon a “nice person”? That’d be like saying Hitler was a nice person because he brought Germany out of their own great depression.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

._. She actually spared a lot a life, if she really wanted chaos, she would have jammed the asuran gate (cf her cv) then launch the attaks.

And discrimination aside, he was a good person and restarted the economy of the entire world through destruction creating jobs for reconstructions that fuel consummation that incite investment that contribute to progress. Don’t say Hitler was a bad thing, overall, only 60 millions of people died for the sake of all the survivors with a way brighter future than the one they could have had without WW2. If today, with the sacrifice of 100 millions of people including me, my familly and all my friends, I can restart the economy and give a huge push to progress, I’ll do it even if I have to be remembered as a psychotic dictator that odered mass murder.

Anyway, back to Scarlet, the union of the lesser threat allowed to reduce them much more efficiently than separated (that’s how america lost so many soldiers in viet nam), it is true that a lot of lives were lost suddendly, but if you consider the threat individually taking small amout of life everywhere during an undetermined time WHILE most of the heroes are focused on dragon, she actually chose to give us an open wound fracture than let us live with a cancer.

Even if it makes Mordremoth 20 times stronger, what if he woke up while the Pact is gone, we are gone, tyrians went back to guild wars because they don’t have any common ennemy. She woke it up to give us the opportunity to get rid of him while we are strong (haven’t fought the others yet) maybe he is pretty weak, but if he woke up when we are done with a few other dragon, we would lack the strengh to kill it, but if we wake him early with a slight boost, the amount of ressources left after killing it will be enough for the others.

Scarlet ! Scarlet ! Scarlet !!!!

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Do we know for a fact she ‘jammed’ the ley lines? It seemed to me like she just did something like blocking it briefly, then when the block was removed (IE, the pillar of light and the airship destabilizing) the power that went out went as one solid wave instead of a small stream.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@The Sixteenth: I really don’t think you know what you’re saying. That, or you’re trolling. Because let’s face it, there are infinite ways she could have gone about making Mordremoth relevant – like saying “hey, there’s a sixth Elder Dragon that’s still sleeping, here’s the Inquest’s research on it, and its approximate location.” even if said research wasn’t Inquest’s.

But instead she terrorized the entire continent. She messed up four major forces’ armies. She practically permanently polluted Kryta’s biggest fishing source. She destroyed the most united of all the cities, destroying their asura gates first I might add, and gave Mordremoth a constant power boost that likely makes him a bigger threat than Zhaitan – all the while the Pact is still recovering from the battle with Zhaitan.

@Kalavier: If you swim down, the drill is still in there. Jammed tightly in, and looking to be about as deep as before. There’s also a continuous pulse of electrical magic around it. The drill was even continuing deeper when the ley line “power” ‘exploded’ in that light. It doesn’t seem like it was a one-time thing.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

But, doing so, it strengthen the bonds of the Pact and help us to focus on the dragon by weakenning the minor threats. Moreover, she messed up with thaumanova years ago, why ? There is an ulterior motive, and back then it seems like the alliances were already done (at least molten) why wait so long ? She remembers me of Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass).

in Lore

Erukk.1408

The Pact wasn’t really involves in any of Scarlet’s mayhem though. (As shown by Laranthir of the Wilds dialogue.) Scarlet targeted and attacked its main supporters though. She drove out and/or killed settlements of the Norn and Charr, infected an entire region for the Human and Sylvari, and I guess Thaumanova could count as a strike against Rata Sum.

And she didn’t weakening the minor threats. Almost all of her alliances were made of splinter groups of each faction. If anything, she just pruned back the stupid members of each faction, and each alliance had the chance of strengthening the remaining numbers.

Dredge and the Flame Legion probably got a couple of pieces of Molten tech each.
Aetherblades and the Inquest both got Pact airships, or at least the plans for the Inquest.
Nightmare Court got the toxic plants that spread around the Krytan region.
Krait got some obelisk shards.

The fanatically members might have died, but each factions probably got something out of the disastrous alliances.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Even if you can justify everything else… and that’s a big if… look back to the Queen’s Jubilee. We’re told she did that on a lark, and there were lots of civilians killed there. Seizing control of the watchknights to make the Twisted supported her objectives, but bombing the evacuation point – let me stress that, putting a bomb at the point at which the people there were civilians that had already left the area she was interested in - served no greater motive beyond sadism. Torturing the prisoners she managed to get, also, served no purpose beyond sadism. Just because someone manages to do some good among the evil – and so far, any good Scarlet may have done is purely speculation – does not make them “a nice person”.

Additionally, on the Godwining of the thread, you’re showing your historical ignorance. Hitler reviving Germany’s economy was certainly a plus, but he did not have to go to war against basically the whole of Europe to achieve that, and the persecution of Jews leading up to the Holocaust took resources away from Germany, both in terms of lost people (let’s recall that a certain double-nobel-winning patent examiner was a German Jew. Guess when he left and why) and resources diverted into the extermination that could have gone to more important causes (and that’s just taking the dry logical approach, let alone that genocide is just plain morally wrong regardless of the justifications).

Furthermore, ultimately WW2 left Germany worse off. It was split in two for forty-five years afterwards, and in the immediate postwar years sanctions against all parts of Germany made the Treaty of Versailles look like a pat on the back. It was only the realisation that Germany’s population simply couldn’t survive on subsistence agriculture (that’s what the 1946 plan was…) and that, for NATO in particular, Germany was simply too valuable a resource for the Cold War to leave fallow, both in military and symbolic terms.

And that thinking, incidentally, was a large part of why Hitler was allowed to build up in the first place – as a foil for the Soviet Union. All Germany really needed is someone who was at least willing to stand up to Britain and France with a “the conditions we’re under are ridiculous under the circumstances, wouldn’t you rather have a strong ally against Stalin than a failed state at the heart of Europe?” Under that scenario, odds are there would either have been no war or Stalin would have started and lost it, and both Germany and Poland would still have their eastern territories, including avoiding the ethnic cleansing of Konigsberg.

Want someone who truly earned the title of the saviour of Germany? Look up Konrad Adenauer.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

Well at least it gathered Destiny Edge 2.0 with us in it…
And it were not really splinter groups :o I’m pretty sure I killed more flame legion, dredge, nightmare court, krait and pirates during those attaks than my entire life (maybe not flame legion, because I’m a charr and because of CoF, and dredge, because of fractals….) only the Inquest seems not really that involved. And if you recall, we had to kill all the 3 krait witches, so at least the krait in those area are involved wich is over 60%, the other 40% are zombies…
Scarlet took the Nightmare tree in TA, wich is NC main hideout and tromp card.
She got a whole crew off pirates that had enough reach to almost have their capitain elected.
The dead drops :
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mysterious_Device
Seems to say the a whole moletariat is involved and you can extrapolate by saying as much Flame legion because they seems to be at a 50-50 ratio.
And as the dead drops suggest, we stole their research for us as well…

@draxynnic
He helped to kick start THE WORLD’s economy, not Germany, who would kill 60 million for only a country ? If you look at the figures, you can see that the WORLD’s economy was not going well, and then right after the war : Glorious Thirty.
Destruction> reconstruction> work> consumption> outlet> investment> progress (social & technological)
AND I said discrimination aside.

Go Scarlet, gooooo~

in Lore

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

[Godwin]Well, what are we waiting for now, instead of declaring war on each other at once? Is Europe in so bad a shape that it needs its little war of the century to regain some stamina, or did it grow in maturity and modernity since the last major one?[/Godwin]

If Scarlet has became mad for some time before the end, how can we explain all her acts with logic alone?

I’d see three path:

• She was kind of subtly corrupted by the dragon in the Dream, and looked for awake him, becoming his champion. She even wished to die right at the moment when he awoke, knowing that she could return to another… form (thus taunting the player into killing her).
  • She decided to awoke the dragon before his time, for some reason she saw in the Dream, or beyond, and knew that no one, nor Mother nor the Pact, would agree to do so. She’s a sylvari with kind of an asuran mind, free from any Venturi teachings, and thus totally amoral by human standards.
  • She encountered a greater threat (“the Great Devourer of Worlds”) that drew her mad, but in her madness, she managed to assert that only an alliance of all the Elder Dragons, god-given magic and a few heroes would have any chance to oppose to. Corrupted beings are lesser, spiritless draconic servants, but enlightened draconic servants, such as Scarlet, the champions and what will become some heroes in a few years, are full-fledged magically enhanced creatures who will ultimately fight on behalf of the world’s true defenders. I mean, the true defenders of the Cycle of Magic.

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

._. Anyway, I’d marry her if she was alive, I like madness… for now, I stole her corpse, planning her resurrection…

in Lore

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

Beware the form under which she’s going to return!

in Lore

The Sixteenth.2561

I’m quite “nope material” tolerent, I’m more concerned by her mind’s integrity…

in Lore

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Thread derailed almost instantly lol… Theres no real reason why an elder dragon would wake itself in such a way, theres obviously something out there pulling the strings of the elder dragons

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The world’s economy was already recovering before World War 2, and Europe in particular was in worse shape in every possible measure in the immediate postwar years than it was even during the height of the Depression. Far from contributing to the recovery, Hitler’s war set back the recovery of Europe west of the Iron Curtain by at least a decade, and the countries east of the Iron Curtain still haven’t reached the standards of living in Western Europe (although they’ve made massive advances since 1990).

The postwar economic miracle came about not because of the war, but because saner heads prevailed in the late 40s (at least in Western Europe) and realised that the European economy was actually interconnected and the way to rebuild the economy was to cooperate with the nations around you and build up everyone economies, and from there is where the EU developed. Hitler had very little to do with it apart from rebuilding Germany’s industries, the war that killed millions of people had nothing to do with it and in fact undid and more than undid the rebuilding of Germany’s industries in the 1930s, and there was nothing preventing the agreements of the late 40s and early 50s that lead to economic revitalisation from happening in the late 30s instead.

Furthermore, economists have known about a long-term economic cycle that leads to big downturns approximately every 70 years for a while now (people thought we’d dodged the one that became the GFC because it was running late, but it turned out it was just, well, running late). The factors that would drive the recovery were already well in play before the war started, and the war that basically destroyed Europe sent that right back to its starting point.

However, I’m pretty sure at this point that you’re trolling, so I’m stating this not as a futile attempt to persuade you, but for the edification of other readers.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Why would mordy control scarlet to wake her up early? Dragons sleep for a certain amount of time kinda like hibernation why would a bear try to wake itself up in the middle of its hibernation… Mordy eats poops sleeps, theres very little mordy would gain from scarlet waking her up and cant a dragon simply just wake itself up? Whats the point of going through all that trouble to wake yourself up…. I honestly dont see how people are coming up with the idea that mordy got inside scarlets head to wake itself up (very angrily with a huge roar i might add) it makes ZERO sense who really led scarlet to mordy ???

It doesn’t make sense to me either.

That said, as far as plot holes go, it wouldn’t be the biggest in history, so I’m not ruling out the possibility that it was Mordremoth.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Or, she woke him early, before he gathered enought strengh, so we could kill him because she saw our defeat in the future,

This theory would work if she didn’t give it a huge magical meal to wake it up. If she wanted to just wake it up, she could have possibly just taken her giant flying drill and then proceed to drill directly above him. It would have either woken it up, or it would have exposed it in its slumbering state.

She didn’t know where it was. She knew that it was on a ley line, and she poked the ley lines with a big stick. She didn’t create or alter the ley lines. If it was sitting on a key line, it was already feeding.

The evidence that she “fed” it is laughably thin. We saw it open it’s mouth. Dragons are know to do that for a variety or reasons. We all heard it roar.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Thread derailed almost instantly lol… Theres no real reason why an elder dragon would wake itself in such a way, theres obviously something out there pulling the strings of the elder dragons

She was pretty clearly insane. A best she was a loose cannon, at worst a total maverick, and completely out of control. If she was a dragon minion, she probably wasn’t sticking to the plan.

Possibly like Glint, she rebelled, and was out to kill Mordremoth. That doesn’t make her a good girl, because she had no concern for the collateral damage.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

She didn’t know where it was. She knew that it was on a ley line, and she poked the ley lines with a big stick. She didn’t create or alter the ley lines. If it was sitting on a key line, it was already feeding.

The evidence that she “fed” it is laughably thin. We saw it open it’s mouth. Dragons are know to do that for a variety or reasons. We all heard it roar.

While we know that the dragons feed on magic:

1. We actually cannot say that Scarlet didn’t know where Mordremoth is, nor can we accurately say that she didn’t move the ley lines.
  2. Nothing says Mordremoth was “already feeding” – given the nature of hibernating dragons, it is more likely that the opposite is true – that magic was still seeping out of Mordremoth.
  3. We outright know that Scarlet fed Mordremoth. That was the entire point of showing the blue magical energies from the ley line being sucked into Mordremoth’s maw as it woke up. I believe it got confirmed by a dev too.
Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

And how can you call someone who intentionally killed thousands, uniting xenophobic factions against the greater united nations, and feed an Elder Dragon a “nice person”?

It seems we have a Scarlet fan club slowly building momentum :P
Still it’s a nice change of pace, not too long ago Scarlet was called the worst thing ever to happen to guild war lore.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

And how can you call someone who intentionally killed thousands, uniting xenophobic factions against the greater united nations, and feed an Elder Dragon a “nice person”?

Still it’s a nice change of pace, not too long ago Scarlet was called the worst thing ever to happen to guild war lore.

She can still be the worst thing to ever happen to GW lore while still having fans.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

She can still be the worst thing to ever happen to GW lore while still having fans.

I know, there are still people who like Phantom Menace, after all.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I also wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Scarlet at least thinking that her actions were for the Greater Good of Tyria™ in the twisted and/or flawed logic of her crazy lettuce-head mind. (You know, like breaking some eggs to make an omelet.) But this would still be a far cry from being a “nice person”.

I know, there are still people who like Phantom Menace, after all.

Hey! The pod race was great!!! (Says my 7-year old nephew, and he’s an expert on The Clone Wars, too.)

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hey! The pod race was great!!! (Says my 7-year old nephew, and he’s an expert on The Clone Wars, too.)
~MRA

I think, personally, it was way too long a sequence in the middle of the movie. I mean, it was a fun watch . . . but it threw things a little off balance.

I liked the movie the first time I saw it too, but it wasn’t until repeated watching I really got to picking it apart. It’s like Transformers (the more recent one) – I had fun watching it, but it’s a popcorn flick where it can’t completely hold up once the spectacle is over. The biggest reason is to watch them again with friends or to kill time because nothing better is available.

This is, of course, a good description of both GW games from how I experienced them. Right including “being with friends”.

in Lore

Posted by: Tipper.7354

Tipper.7354

All I care about the Pod Races is that I went to watch a movie about Ninja Space Wizards using laser swords to fight each other in a massive robot war, and then someone interrupted that so that the plucky young kid could win the Big Race to save the day and impress the girl of his dreams.

Get your bloody 1990s kid’s movie plot out of my Star Wars.