(Cantha) Kuunavang confirmed dead/evil

in Lore

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Collin said Glint was the last good dragon alive.
This confirms that Kuunavang is evil/dead omg.

For the people that don t know Kuunavang: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kuunavang

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

This confirms nothing about his current state, and only two things about his previous state:

He was good
He was a dragon

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Not to mention, since this wasn’t stated ingame, that means the statement is “malleable”.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Not to mention, since this wasn’t stated ingame, that means the statement is “malleable”.

or, you know, stuff that they never said but people assume is confirmed because they like reading too much into stuff is “malleable”.

and isn’t kuunavang a she? i always used “she” to refer to her (him?)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

or, you know, stuff that they never said but people assume is confirmed because they like reading too much into stuff is “malleable”.

From the Wiki:
In the Unwaking Waters, the Kurzicks and the Luxons must unite to defeat her so they can use her powers against Shiro.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It would also mean Glint’s child from EotN is also dead (which is easy to believe given how incidental its creation was, if they had no purpose for it they could easily kill it).

I think Colin was just talking up the expansion. I wouldn’t put too much weight into his words.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Shiny’s dead?

More seriously, I highly doubt Colin brought into consideration every dragon we’ve known. Which has included a total of 6 good dragons (Glint, Kuunavang, Gleam, Shiny, and Albax); only 2 were in subcontinental Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

From the Wiki:
In the Unwaking Waters, the Kurzicks and the Luxons must unite to defeat her so they can use her powers against Shiro.

so i’m right :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Shiny’s dead?

More seriously, I highly doubt Colin brought into consideration every dragon we’ve known. Which has included a total of 6 good dragons (Glint, Kuunavang, Gleam, Shiny, and Albax); only 2 were in subcontinental Tyria.

Pretty much. My gut feeling is that there was an unspoken “that the PCs know of” in there.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

If Kuunavang is evil you can assume Xun Rao(the only officer in the Ministry of Purity who could have the blueprint for the Chalice of Corruption) is responsible.

If Usoku is Xun Rao as I suspect due to the words of John Stuume! and if he has infected Kuunavang then she might end up coming to Orr and take in Zhaitan’s corruption becoming the new Elder Dragon of Death before fleeing to Cantha where we might face her and Usoku in a later expansion then things will get interesting.

in Lore

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I say Kuunavang is still alive and is still good. What she is not, is a proper “dragon.” I think she was called a dragon, and never corrected people because, you know, what’s the point. But in the technical terms of a dragon (as in Glint, or Elder Dragons), she was and is not one.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Shiny’s dead?

Pretty much. My gut feeling is that there was an unspoken “that the PCs know of” in there.

I watched the stream again and it’s actually spoken “known”. So the last known dragon. Eir suggests that Glint’s baby dragon from EotN is an unknown – just a rumour the skalds sing of, Kuunavang would be similar – a legend from 250 years ago, not known to any living Tyrians we’ve met in GW2 so far.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Coolio. It was awful-o-clock local when the announcement was made, so I was trusting people who would have been more awake at the time to get it right. Maybe I should take the time to watch it again myself at a more reasonable hour to see if there’s anything that didn’t register to my sleep deprived brain.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

I can understand people taking information from interviews, or red posts from the writing team, but from Colin in a press release seems to be stretching it. All I’m saying, is if Kuunavang appears later on as an ally, please do not use this as proof of a retcon.