Canthan ED champion theory(Warning sounds cool, but made up of thin air)

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

yo peoplez

this won’t be possible by multiple reasson I geuss so just correct me

I had this theory a while ago, but now it has his own topic!

Somewhere in Cantha is a ED, probaply to the south

Emperor Usoku leaded Cantha and had loads of problems including the Kurzicks and the Luxons, he wanted to unite them under the imperial banner, but he was losing the battle. so he looked for a powerful artifact to help him in his cause. he went south of the lands of Cantha where the Gods brought the Humans to Tyria, there HAD to be a powerful artefact.

He found some special artefacts in a ancient temple, but slowly it corrupted the emperor, with the artefct he could defeat all the foes of Cantha, mad with power he defeated the Tengu, He became a corrupted being, a DRAGON CHAMPION!

you might think well the emperor should be like 200 years old, well because of the corruption he can’t die of age, he never leaves his castle and his masters minions patrol the streets.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Umm…
No
He never struggled with the unification of Cantha, and he’s dead, I’m pretty sure. Subsequent emperors merely continued the xenophobic imperialism that he started

in Lore

wouw.5837

are we sure about that?

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emperor_Usoku
He used money, not dragon powers or whatever

in Lore

wouw.5837

well he started the war with putting all his money in his army and fight the luxons/kurzicks

he was losing so he went looking for artifacts, sounds possible to me.

we just don’t have alot of info about Cantha right now( and this theory looks really cool! but is just made up out of thin air)

in Lore

Posted by: Red.1903

Red.1903

HES NOT DEAD, if you talk to that lady near the mystic forge that sells the things for skill points she clearly says the emperor wont let anyone in or out of cantha ( or was it Elona?) at least thats what i think

“One man cannot be the Hero alone”

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

If it’s the emperor, then yes, that’s Cantha
And just because she says ‘the emperor’ doesn’t mean it’s Usoku. The reason we have no contact with Cantha is because the lineage of Emperors is continuing the xenophobic attitude and isolating them from Tyria.
I suppose if you’re into this ‘Dragons are corrupting world leaders’ theory, then MAYBE Usoku could live for more than 200 + years

in Lore

wouw.5837

you rly are against this theory, right?
well np, I just think this could be a nice story twist. Just imagine it would fit the xenophobic part game play wise/ lore wise rly good, now the Tyrian Humans are enemies of the Canthan Humans aswell.

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

I can see the canthans being hateful/show animosity towards Tyrian humans, who are becoming friends with other races, but I just don’t like that a Dragon has to play in every corner of the world. Anet made the other continents have problems unrelated to the dragons, so that when we defeat them we can help those guys with their ‘mortal’ problems too.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Very true, I mean next people are gonna say that Palawa Joko is one of Zhaitan’s earlier minions, like the Svanir type situation. (Impossible by the way)

in Lore

wouw.5837

yeah other continents other problem would be nice due to fighting the dragons can get boring. but still it would be cool