Palawa Joko (!)
Rurik
Vekk, Gadd, Oola
Jora
Kormir
Varesh
Shiro
Razah
The list can go on but those are my favorites.

Characters I like in GW2:

Caithe, Scarlet and Rox.

I dislike pretty much the rest of all characters in gw2. I think most characters and dialogues in GW2 are cringe, cliché and are hard to take seriously. It feels kid-friendly and amateurish.
What do you guys think?

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You liked Scarlet? What the cat is wrong with you! /s

In actual seriousness though, there is a lack of long-lasting memorable slash enjoyable characters.

I’ve liked (in no particular order) the three mentors, Logan, Carys, Tegwen, Sayeh al’Rajid, Caithe (pre-HoT only), Canach, Demmi, Kudu, and Caudecus personally.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Eijfij.8613

Eijfij.8613

well I guess I am a sucker for characters driven mad and it justifies her annoying personality she got after she looked into the eternal alchemy =p also I liked the Toxic Hybrid she created. (talking about Scarlet)

without looking them up on GW2 wiki I only recognized 5 of those names.

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Castigator.3470

Castigator.3470

Did anyone of you have the pleasure to hear the listless glory that is the german version of GW1? Owing to that, most of the characters were as forgettable as their voice acting.

The german voice acting on the second game is so much better.
What I mean by that is, that a localization has succeeded, if it is preferred to the original by its native speakers. GW2 has succeeded in that.

Which leads me to a list of memorable GW2 characters. Keep in mind, that I replayed the PS whenever possible with guildmembers.
Characters are listed at the time they made the first big impression to me.

CharrPS:
Dinky, (I wonder how he’s doing?)
Reeva, (Still didn’t see her dance.)
Galina Edgecrusher and Snarl Backdraft (Whenever they show up.)

HumanPS:
Lord Faren, (Courtiers talk about him and so do I.)
Queen Jennah, (Has been dealing with corrupt ministers since she was a child.)
Countess Anise, (Spymaster of Kryta.)
Minister Caudecus (He will be remembered.)

Destiny’s Edge:
Rytlock Brimstone, (The only Charr that is allowed to call me “cub”.)
Caithe, (Despite her Secrects, she’s actually a good ally.)
Logan Thackeray, (“Is this the end for poor Logan?”)
Zojja, (Try to insult Snaff in her presence, I dare you!)
Eir Stegalkin(She was a levelheaded Norn. I miss her.)

Mentors:
Forgal Kernsson, (He can beat the snot out of a renegade warband.)
Tybalt Leftpaw, (So popular, that he’s recruitable in Stronghold mode.)
Magister Sieran (Don’t underestimate her, she’s capable and creative.)

Pact/Orders:
Trahearne, (He was always more of a scholar type. I liked that, others didn’t)
Steward Gixx, (Arguing with Almorra Soulkeeper.)
General Soulkeeper, (Arguing with Steward Gixx.)
Sayeh al’Rajid ( I feel she will try to kill us at one point.)

LS1
Taimi, (She started out an obsessed Asura. Now she’s an eminent authority on Scarlett)
Rox, (Despite losing her warband, she’s reasonable and often the only one to rez you.)
Scarlett, (Infamous for good reasons, but memorable.)
Evon Gnashblade (Owner of the BLTP, our only source of silly wings and outfits.)
Ellen Kiel (Council of LA. Has to deal with the other councillors.)

LS2
Councillor Phlunt, (“I’m too important to die!”)
Ogden Stonehealer (Still alive after all this time.)

Heart of Thorns
Baruush (Helped to rescue his village, now he rescued my opinion of the Quaggan.)
Scholar Keenwit, (Edit; How could I forget him!?)

LS3
Aurene (Despite her appearance, she will become big!)

(edited by Castigator.3470)

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

From the jungle, I like Scholar Keenwit, Agent Zildi, Lore Seeker Utogi, Tizlak, Ruka the Wanderer, Luminate, Gertrude and SCAR.

As a Vigil warmaster I really like Laranthir of the Wild (such a cool name, plus he has a great role in Heart of Thorns), and I’m glad I recruited Snarl and Galina over those annoying Norns.

Maeva has cool devices.
Marcello DiGiacomo and Hobo-Tron are stars.

I’m disappointed with the Captain’s Council. They don’t show enough of it.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

Characters

in Lore

Eijfij.8613

so Castigator and Gorgaan Peaudesang. you seem quite satisfied with gw2 characterisation (?)
is it comparable with let’s say Starcraft 2?

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Castigator.3470

Castigator.3470

I cannot tell, as I did not play Starcraft.

Plus, the game has some characters, that we know from the GW Novels, but are not featured prominently in the game. I mean did you know, that the Guild initiative is headed by Dougal Keane?

Your guild mission rewards carry his signature, because Jennah asked him to do it.
There are several minor things and flavourful places and dialogues in the game, but many people missed them.

There’s one thing I’d like though: More NPC dialogues in the new Lion’s Arch!
In old LA there were many NPCs, that could tell you something about their home, but nowadays all the NPCs ignore me, if I press [F] on them.

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

In old LA there were many NPCs, that could tell you something about their home, but nowadays all the NPCs ignore me, if I press [F] on them.

I’d like more of this everywhere! There are so many NPCs everywhere that have bits of information scattered all across the core maps, it was fun when you happened to stumble upon one. Nowadays, even the major characters like Marjory don’t tend to have anything to say unless it’s part of a scripted conversation. What ever happened to the easter egg hunts?

Characters

in Lore

Eijfij.8613

I’d like more of this everywhere! There are so many NPCs everywhere that have bits of information scattered all across the core maps, it was fun when you happened to stumble upon one. Nowadays, even the major characters like Marjory don’t tend to have anything to say unless it’s part of a scripted conversation. What ever happened to the easter egg hunts?

Do you want to know more about Marjory though? Is there noone or something else you’d rather have more information about? like what happend with all the Gargoyles? or an excavation or the temple of ages? Has Ogden Stonehealer nothing to say after all these years?…. MARJORY!? =[

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

The point wasn’t that I wanted to learn more about Marjory’s character, but it’d be nice if any of the new characters had some dialogue when you talked to them outside of them having some icon over their head to say “I’ve got something to say!” You completely missed the point of my comment.

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Characters I like in GW2:

Caithe, Scarlet and Rox.

I dislike pretty much the rest of all characters in gw2. I think most characters and dialogues in GW2 are cringe, cliché and are hard to take seriously. It feels kid-friendly and amateurish.
What do you guys think?

Hard to take a complaint seriously when they cite Scarlet as an example of un-amateurish. She was the most Villain Sue character I have EVER encountered. Nintendo’s Bowser has more depth than she did. And he’s not even perfectly perfect at everything.

You are right that ANet’s writing isn’t their strong suit. They make good characters, but tend to underuse them or kill them off for “depth.” And comedic characters are definitely their stronger suit, along with their top-notch world building.

In the end, there are tons of interesting characters in GW2, but a lot of them just don’t get much screen time because the only times you get to interact are in the small number of story instances. I’ve noticed NPCs in the HoT and beyond areas often don’t even have dialogue boxes when you try to talk to them. Disappointing.

It’d be better if you could run into someone like Rox in the open world, and not just when you get a story instance 3 months down the road.

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

hmm. I love apples, anyone knows a good merchant that sells apples?

Characters

in Lore

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

hmm. I love apples, anyone knows a good merchant that sells apples?

Check Claw Island.