Charr credibility

Charr credibility

in Lore

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I think the extra expenditure is going to come in two places – the writers have to create a few more unique lines, and likewise for the translators.

Unless they add more dialogue per character, the voice actors will still do the same number of lines each, they just won’t be identical to each other with a different voice anymore.

Of course I’m biased, but I think it’d be worth the extra expenditure. Without the multiple playable races in GW2, I would have left within the first year after release. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for each race to reclaim its unique perspective from the level 1-30 storyline.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This, exactly.

I hope and pray that the next expansion will take those “subtle” differences (race, order etc.) into account and make it fun again to play through the story more than once (I only finished HoT with three out of ten characters, the third time only for the backpack, really).

Charr credibility

in Lore

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

And what if I like playing a softie Charr like Tybalt? In fact the seriousness and agressieveness of the Charr is off putting to me, even though I love the race.

And even thought the dialogues are empathic, the voice acting makes it sound like a rough person who just says that to “try”, not like he actually cares or feels something…

Charr credibility

in Lore

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

And what if I like playing a softie Charr like Tybalt? In fact the seriousness and agressieveness of the Charr is off putting to me, even though I love the race.

And even thought the dialogues are empathic, the voice acting makes it sound like a rough person who just says that to “try”, not like he actually cares or feels something…

You can. In your text responses and interactions, you’re often given choices – especially early on. But most charr are not soft. They are blunt. And it’s not unreasonable for a charr player to assume his/her charr will behave like most charr.