Claw Island against Scarlet?

in Lore

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Uhm,hi guys.I’ve got a question.

We know that Claw Island defends the city from any kind of attack and practically,it’s the Lionguard military school/HQ/training station.So,what are they going to do against scarlet’s invasion?Sit there and wait for a ‘’sea enemy’’ to come(like a traditional sea fortress) or take part in the fight.:-)

in Lore

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

seeing how useless they are- they will probably just get underfoot.

Deputy Mira is also hanging out in my home instance so how organised can they be?

Gunnar’s Hold

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Claw Island actually just protects Lion’s Arch from naval threats coming from the south. Well, southern aerial threats too I guess, but that’s harder for them.

Scarlet, by all indications, seems to be coming from the Mists and directly above – likely east and west given her forces. And Claw Island’s known for some threats slipping through so you can probably expect krait while fully underwater to just pass through unnoticed. Especially if cloaked.

So I don’t think Claw Island – if it’s even rebuilt after Zhaitan’s assault (remember that Zhaitan would have been killed several weeks later, per Occam’s dialogue during The Source of Orr, and given that Claw Island’s primary purpose was defending against Risen, they might have gone “well, it’s not needed anymore, so we’ll put that project on hold for more important things – like Dragon Bash!”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

I knew it was mostly for naval forces,but they seem(ed) to have treb and other means to damage (or scratch) scarlet’s army.I mean…the city they are defending is lost,but they are still defending it?

Thanks for the answer anyway :-)

in Lore

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Uh, I assume you’re referring to Chlore Island?

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

LA is very, very poorly defended. It’s defense before against the Risen was simply Claw Island stalling the attack/defeating the attack.

Once they get within the ‘borders’ (aka, the LA ingame region), it’s IMPOSSIBLE to contain an enemy. They literally can spread out very fast, and turn it into a nightmare to kick them out.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No, they mean Claw Island.
Do you perhaps play the game in a different language?

in Lore

Posted by: Elricht Kaltwind.8796

Elricht Kaltwind.8796

I played it in whatever language Trahearne speaks.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

You mean English. Yes I can see how someone who is used to speaking American might not be able to understand :P

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

You mean English. Yes I can see how someone who is used to speaking American might not be able to understand :P

I’m American I don’t think I’ve heard her Trahearne say Claw island like that lol.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m American I don’t think I’ve heard her Trahearne say Claw island like that lol.

I did say might not be able to understand. Honestly that was the only explanation I could come up with for why someone might think he’s saying chlore and that it’s worth mocking. I could sit here for hours and mock the American accents in-game and how ridiculous some of the things they say sound. Centaur for example. But I know that the game is global and that means that a lot of people with different accents are playing and so we are all used to saying things differently. There’s not really a “correct” way of saying something when you take accents into consideration.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Well, didn’t mean to appear as being offended or something. Just meant to say I don’t really see how some could get chlore from claw o_O.

in Lore

Posted by: Firearm.6904

Firearm.6904

If there was ever anything keeping me from reaching through the screen and strangling ol’ T-bone, it was all the times he said “Clawr island.” And I love it.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Well, didn’t mean to appear as being offended or something. Just meant to say I don’t really see how some could get chlore from claw o_O.

I wasn’t implying that you were offended. Apparently I just come of as a very angry/abrasive person -cries-.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Don’t worry, we’re all angry and abrasive to you too.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Don’t worry, we’re all angry and abrasive to you too.

:D <3
I feel so special.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

seeing how useless they are

It comes across that way in the game. Trust me, in the books, it’s a different story entirely. Claw Island is not to be trifled with.

As for an air attack though, they are boned.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Thank you, I now have this little soundbyte of Trahearne saying it like Clawr (or Clore as a different spelling) Island. Yes, that is sincere