Counter the Miasma gas?

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

What feasible ways are there to counter the miasma gas, so the Pact can sent troops inside LA safely?

My guess:
Asura geniuses suddenly invented poison gas masks. (Asuran Sues saves the day again!)

My hope:
The Pact attacks underwater though submarines. The Miasma gas cannot enter the water.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

According to Heal-o-tron, " infection—appears—to—be—counteracted—by—subaether—harmonics—in—a—localized—energy—field." My guess? We’ll just salvage/copy whatever device Scarlet uses to generate such a field for her troops.

I really don’t want it to become a big plot point- given how utterly scanty and disjointed the storytelling was during this first half of the “big finale”, they’re going to have to give their focus entirely to the important bits to make up for it.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Actually in one of the camps, Lorna’s Pass if I’m not mistaken, some NPCs mentioned that when the wind changes they’ll make their move.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

Actually in one of the camps, Lorna’s Pass if I’m not mistaken, some NPCs mentioned that when the wind changes they’ll make their move.

That’s talking about what we’re doing now- ducking in while the miasma is thinner, and running away when it gets too thick. We’ll presumably need a more solid counter to actually take and hold the city.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

Maybe her troops can’t survive the miasma either and when it reaches toxic levels, lore-wise, they gtfo as well? We are primarily fighting to keep them from re-deploying the miasma, and of course evacuating citizens before they get caught in the next miasma-storm. They probably only come back down from their airships or wherever to re-deploy the miasma when it gets too thin. Right now she’s benefiting from keeping the miasma around as much as she can to give herself more time to drill that hole deeper.

If this is the case, then during the battle for LA, when her drilling is (supposedly) done she’s going to want to not-miasma-nuke the entirety of LA so she can use her massive army to push our forces back to the best of her ability. We may not need to counteract it next patch, because she might not be mass-deploying it.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That’s talking about what we’re doing now- ducking in while the miasma is thinner, and running away when it gets too thick. We’ll presumably need a more solid counter to actually take and hold the city.

If only Tyria was full of mages so powerful they can literally turn into tornadoes. An army of them might come in handy if all it takes is a breeze to blow the miasma out to sea.

I half expect o-Tron to put on armor and create a protective bubble from the miasma so he can have a roll to play in the final fight. I hope I’m as wrong about that as I was about E wanting to defend Lion’s Arch and turning up for the invasion.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

I get the vibe that Heal-o-Tron is more likely to be caught up in whatever treachery Evon is plotting than it is to actually help. It would fit with the way that its character seems to exist solely to go through bad things for cheap laughs.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I get the vibe that Heal-o-Tron is more likely to be caught up in whatever treachery Evon is plotting than it is to actually help. It would fit with the way that its character seems to exist solely to go through bad things for cheap laughs.

But there is a dialogue between Evon and Heal-o-Tron and Evon does not seem particularly interested in helping him out, nor do they appear to have any prior knowledge of one another (in a meeting sense, because H-o-T had to know to go to Evon to try and buy things).

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

But there is a dialogue between Evon and Heal-o-Tron and Evon does not seem particularly interested in helping him out, nor do they appear to have any prior knowledge of one another (in a meeting sense, because H-o-T had to know to go to Evon to try and buy things).

That’s what I mean. Evon was taking a hardline “no payment, no service” approach, and then out of the blue “but the Captain’s Council might [object to your alleged dealings with Scarlet]. Hmmmm. Maybe we can come to some kind of arrangement.”

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Idk, I’m personally seeing Heal-O-Tron become an “out of the background” hero. Up until this point in time he has been a joke, but this is his chance to step out into the spotlight as his own hero. If Evon hopes to use him for some scheme, I sincerely hope that Heal-O-Tron is able to foil it…

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Sorry about that gas thing. I’ll lay off the burritos until we get rid of Scarlet.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: ZaZap.8357

ZaZap.8357

From what Heal-o-tron says about localized energy fields in the camp, and the upgrades he wants from Evon, I’d say he is going to negate the miasma and allow us to strike at Scarlet.

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

What feasible ways are there to counter the miasma gas, so the Pact can sent troops inside LA safely?

My guess:
Asura geniuses suddenly invented poison gas masks. (Asuran Sues saves the day again!)

I’m pretty critical of the writing myself, but, uh..

Gas masks would not make whoever potentially comes up with them a sue, not remotely, even if it’s asura. At all. Aquabreathers already exist, and gas masks are actually almost stupidly easy to make irl.

Not to mention that more sophisticated-looking gas masks actually exist (but currently serve no function mechanically) in the game itself.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gas_Mask_Skin

Gas masks and a bunch of air eles, or even just one very powerful one, would be ideal but I doubt either will happen, because it’s so obvious and easy as a solution. :\

Attachments:

Counter the Miasma gas?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well it all depends on the nature of the miasma.

If it’s like chlorine a gas-mask would work. it seems more like mustard gas, except for the chemical burns. After gas-masks became more prevalent in WW1 they had to resort to chemicals that could kill / debilitate but didn’t need to be inhaled. Mustard gas would also burn the eyes and lungs (particularly horrible for the lungs) but could also cause chemical burns on the skin. Large enough area of skin gets exposed and you’re gone. Actually like the miasma mustard gas didn’t necessarily have an immediate effect.